NEurope
Clownferret

Rocket League

15 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

How is this game for single player too? I have some eshop credit and have been watching this game as a potential buy. Whilst I’m sure I’d get time to play with you guys, I don’t know how often that would be. 

There'll always be someone to play with online but it's definitely better with a team of friends :smile:

Cheers for the games last night, would like to have played more but I was seriously tired. Still wondering if I really did score a hat-trick in one of those games, or if It was a dream. :laughing:

That was definitely a much more enjoyable 2v2 experience though. You’ve really got to manage attack and defence well in that mode, much more opportunity to actually get the ball too, which is nice. :hehe: 

Got this game last year. Really good game especially in multiplayer, something you can put on the Switch and anyone can join in.

Shame I'm still rather average at it. Still yet to get Samus' Gunship but I did buy the Batmobile.

Finally got round to playing this, enjoyed it. Lost all but one game I played in but it’s really just going to be a for fun waste 30 minutes playing game for me. Did manage to score a goal though. 

Will look forward to playing som of you guys. 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Finally got round to playing this, enjoyed it. Lost all but one game I played in but it’s really just going to be a for fun waste 30 minutes playing game for me. Did manage to score a goal though. 

Will look forward to playing som of you guys. 

30 minutes will become 3 hours.. trust me :grin:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I'm up for some Rocket League - been playing loads recently.

@nekunando - is the WhatsApp group still a thing?

It's still a thing :grin:

It has been quieter recently but you may still wake up some morning with about 300 notifications :yay:

I'll get you added to the group after work today along with whoever else wants to send me their number :smile:

I should be able to play later if anyone fancies a few games!

17 hours ago, nekunando said:

It's still a thing :grin:

It has been quieter recently but you may still wake up some morning with about 300 notifications :yay:

I'll get you added to the group after work today along with whoever else wants to send me their number :smile:

I should be able to play later if anyone fancies a few games!

I need to actually get WhatsApp on my phone. I'll do that later.

I also caved and bought Rocket League yesterday. I’m not realy an online gamer and can’t really plan my gaming time so I’m not sure if it makes sense to join the Whatsapp group.

now to find out exactly how hard I suck at playing football while driving ;)

40 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I also caved and bought Rocket League yesterday. I’m not realy an online gamer and can’t really plan my gaming time so I’m not sure if it makes sense to join the Whatsapp group.

I'll give you a clue. You will suck loads. I'm up to 25 hours now and I still suck compared to some of the people I play online in the ranked matches.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, markderoos said:

The more people in the app the better! I am not online too often (also since I am in EU time so usually the UK guys get online when I go to bed haha). But I have played some games, and it is much better than with randoms (especially unranked) since there not everybody plays for the team.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

The more people in the app the better! I am not online too often (also since I am in EU time so usually the UK guys get online when I go to bed haha). But I have played some games, and it is much better than with randoms (especially unranked) since there not everybody plays for the team.

OK, total WhatsApp noob here. (I finally have an android phone now) How do I actually get into the prestigious N-E WhatsApp group? I've got the app and set my profile picture. (The most important thing) But don't know what to do next.

Does @nekunando have to invite or what?

23 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, total WhatsApp noob here. (I finally have an android phone now) How do I actually get into the prestigious N-E WhatsApp group? I've got the app and set my profile picture. (The most important thing) But don't know what to do next.

Does @nekunando have to invite or what?

Send him your mobile number and he can add you to it.

I'm already on perma-mute!

Edited by Charlie
  • Thanks 1

Big update coming to the Switch version in Spring!

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rocket-league-roadmap-spring-2018/

• Performance Mode - 900p (Docked) / 720p (Handheld) @ 60 FPS with infrequent dynamic resolution scaling

• Quality Mode - Native 1080p (Docked) / 720p (Handheld) @ 30 FPS with added visual effects

Video Capture support is also coming in the Spring update too!

And then there's the rest of the new features that are coming to all versions, including Switch...

• Spring Feature Update

• Tournaments

• Play against other players in bracketed, single elimination tournaments

• Quality of Life Updates

• Item Stacking

• Better Item Filtering, Searching, and Sorting

• Equip to Blue/Orange Team for Painted Car Bodies

• New and Expanded Options

• Packet Send/Receive Rate and Bandwidth Limits

• “Team Quick Chat Only”

• Disable “One Minute Remaining”, etc. messages

• Connection Quality Info

• See notifications for Packet Loss, Latency Variance, and Server Performance in-game

• Will help us and the community better differentiate between “server issues” and connection problems

Not bad! Really impressive update! (and also really impressive to see that even the Performance Mode is set to come with a big improvement in visuals over the current Switch release!).

Also, according to comments on Reset Era, shadows will be coming back to the handheld mode, even in Performance Mode!

Hopefully I can find some time to play this with you guys.  It's tons of fun!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice! Great to see another game getting a performance or graphics toggle, works wonders in FE: Warriors. For me it will probably be 60hz though, the difference between 30 and 60hz is much more visible to me than 720 vs 1080p.

I've got a wicked moment to save once the video capture update hits, one of the best epic saves I've ever done which involved boosting back to goal from the other half of the pitch, handbrake turning into the goalmouth and deflecting a shot at the very last second! :cool:

Other than that awesome save though, I actually seem to be getting worse at Rocket League. :heh:Although the game's performance online at times certainly isn't helping matters. There are times where my car will suddenly jolt to the side when I was blatantly travelling in a straight line, or even not moving at all! Has been happening much more often recently too, which is annoying. Hopefully the update fixes or at least reduces the frequency of that stuff.

An option to select specific tracks on the playlist would be nice as well. Have currently got the music set to off as some of the cheese in there is unbearable! :D There are a few tracks I quite like (basically the ones without vocals) so would like to choose from just those to play on the menus. 

Cheers for the games last night, @nekunando. Shame about the crazy lag though, there are times when this game is basically unplayable as a result, and yesterday was one of those times. :shakehead

Not sure if it was the same for you, but the lag was so bad for me that I literally couldn't touch the ball 99% of the time (and not for the usual reason of me just being bad at the game :heh:). At one point it even got stuck after a goal replay and I was watching your car drive around in circles for about a minute. :laughing:

Gave me time to snap some screens and make a (badly) animated GIF out of it :hehe::

Mq0DUlO.gif

Rocket Lag. :D

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

I've noticed the lag has been getting worse recently. I've even been timed out and booted out of a couple of games. As a result I've dropped a tenner on a USB Ethernet adapter while I'm back home. Hoping that improves things a little bit as my Switch is far away from thw router in my new place and I'm only getting one bar of signal. Even Balloon World has been taking 20-30 seconds to load on occasion :nono:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Cheers for the games last night, @nekunando. Shame about the crazy lag though, there are times when this game is basically unplayable as a result, and yesterday was one of those times. :shakehead

Not sure if it was the same for you, but the lag was so bad for me that I literally couldn't touch the ball 99% of the time (and not for the usual reason of me just being bad at the game :heh:). At one point it even got stuck after a goal replay and I was watching your car drive around in circles for about a minute. :laughing:

Gave me time to snap some screens and make a (badly) animated GIF out of it :hehe::

Mq0DUlO.gif

Rocket Lag. :D

Maybe I was just driving around in circles.. :grin:

I wish I could blame lag for my erratic performances last night but it worked fine for me and my mistakes were all legitimate!

I love Rocket League but I can move from the sublime to the ridiculous in the blink of an eye. There are moments I feel like an absolute beast and then seconds later I'm missing an open goal for point blank range.. but it's so fun :hehe:

• Like 2

I really like the game but I’m absolutely terrible at it.

I am planning to start playing this a bit more but waiting for the Spring update - it just looks so horrible in TV mode at the moment that it puts me off a bit.

New update looks sweet. Includes the graphical and performance updates for the Switch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/03/2018 at 12:23 PM, Nicktendo said:

I've noticed the lag has been getting worse recently. I've even been timed out and booted out of a couple of games. As a result I've dropped a tenner on a USB Ethernet adapter while I'm back home. Hoping that improves things a little bit as my Switch is far away from thw router in my new place and I'm only getting one bar of signal. Even Balloon World has been taking 20-30 seconds to load on occasion :nono:

Just wondering, did this end up making much of a difference for you? Thinking I might look into it as well, Switch's wi-fi can be so flaky! :shakehead

10 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Just wondering, did this end up making much of a difference for you? Thinking I might look into it as well, Switch's wi-fi can be so flaky! :shakehead

Yes it did actually! Download speeds have improved, as has Splatoon and Mario Kart's performance. 

Problem with Rocket League, I'm guessing, is my ping. It's always in the high 70s and 80s, but I think that's because I'm in Russia and further away from the servers, but I've certainly had much fewer disconnections and crazyness like the gif which was posted above. Now the only problem is occasional stuttering, but it's much rarer than when I was on wifi. 

I say go for it! Wired will always be better than wi-fi.

• Thanks 1

The Tournament Update is out now; and it includes the graphical upgrade too!

Took some shots of both performance and quality modes in docked and undocked...  Tried to get them as close as possible and to try and show some of the more obvious visual enhancements you get in Quality mode, in a couple of different stadiums...

All shots were taken in online play 3v3,  with no CPUs...

Docked

Performance

lhVjsnO.png 

Quality

LecMZKc.png 

Performance

xRXUtQ8.png 

Quality

9fiYLT8.png 

Performance

1VxNEz5.png 

Quality

s7aWIlx.png 

Performance

Oz7Zelc.png 

Quality

2b4BUQz.png 

Undocked

Performance

DZ4MHHbU8AA4qRx.jpg

Quality

DZ4MaIcUMAEgb86.jpg

Performance

DZ4MTBAVMAAi2s5.jpg

Quality

DZ4MgFnVAAAb-y8.jpg

One more bonus shot in Performance mode undocked, showcasing a kind of worst-case-scenario...

DZ4MqYeVQAAfzjR.jpg

Even performance mode is a huge improvement over the previous version's visuals! Looks great, even on a big 4K display! (I can actually read the text properly now! :D )

Great job Psyonix/Panic Button!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1