NEurope
Clownferret

Rocket League

The new update is horrible. The menus are garbage, really capture that F2P look 🤢 and you can’t jump straight into a new game again with a single button press. They’ve screwed the in-game item economy even harder than they already had done when Epic bought them out.

I’m done with this game. Screw Psyonix for selling out. The removal of options is awful. Forcing you to sign a new EULA for a product you already own is embarrassing. I’m not giving Epic any of my information to keep playing this game. A real shame, but I’m not going to cave to Epic’s demands to continue playing, even if it was my game of the generation. Seems like a few people on Steam feel the same way, but I doubt it’s enough to make Psyonix notice.

Going to keep spending money on and playing games I want to support. I like Steam and I like Nintendo. The more Epic try to hold certain games hostage and try to unfairly power their way into the industry, the more I’m going to actively avoid anything they’re involved in and keep supporting devs and companies who don’t sell out to them even more strongly. There are plenty of games to go around  

Had a fun 1200 hours with Rocket League. Broke into diamond and was improving very slowly but consistently. Time to move on, forget about this game and focus on something else. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

The new update is horrible. The menus are garbage, really capture that F2P look 🤢 and you can’t jump straight into a new game again with a single button press. They’ve screwed the in-game item economy even harder than they already had done when Epic bought them out.

I’m done with this game. Screw Psyonix for selling out. The removal of options is awful. Forcing you to sign a new EULA for a product you already own is embarrassing. I’m not giving Epic any of my information to keep playing this game. A real shame, but I’m not going to cave to Epic’s demands to continue playing, even if it was my game of the generation. Seems like a few people on Steam feel the same way, but I doubt it’s enough to make Psyonix notice.

Going to keep spending money on and playing games I want to support. I like Steam and I like Nintendo. The more Epic try to hold certain games hostage and try to unfairly power their way into the industry, the more I’m going to actively avoid anything they’re involved in and keep supporting devs and companies who don’t sell out to them even more strongly. There are plenty of games to go around  

Had a fun 1200 hours with Rocket League. Broke into diamond and was improving very slowly but consistently. Time to move on, forget about this game and focus on something else. 

I read through the EULA, crazy how much shit they hide in there. And yeah, feels more FTP than ever. Still love it though. Need a new online game.

7 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

I played a game of it on Switch yesterday evening and then another on PS4 later on after linking my account and.. yeh, I'm just not really feeling it anymore! The magic is gone 😅

What was once a game I regularly just gravitated towards every time I had the Switch in my hands no longer gives me much joy and what's left is mostly a hollow, toxic experience :hmm:

At well over 300 hours, Rocket League is surely one of my most played games ever but, like you @Nicktendo, it kinda feels like time to move on.

Pro Evolution Soccer has long since taken me away from it anyway!

On 25/09/2020 at 10:11 AM, Nicktendo said:

The new update is horrible. The menus are garbage, really capture that F2P look 🤢 and you can’t jump straight into a new game again with a single button press.

Never played it until now (so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) but you just have to press A on the menu that comes up immediately when a matches finishes to "Play Again". 

On 27/09/2020 at 12:44 PM, darksnowman said:

Never played it until now (so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) but you just have to press A on the menu that comes up immediately when a matches finishes to "Play Again". 

When I was watching a livestream on Epic launch day, they didn't have this feature. You had to open the playlist menu again and choose. 

Patch Notes v1.84

Version: Rocket League v1.84

CHANGES AND UPDATES

Quick Play
Based on community feedback, a ‘Quick Play’ button has been re-added to the game client

‘Quick Play’ searches the same playlist(s) you last searched for

It is located on the bottom of the Play Menu near the ‘Back’ button

This button is bound to your controller, and is a clickable button if using a mouse and keyboard on PC

No idea why they thought it was a good idea to remove this, but they did. Seems it's been addressed now.

Edited by Nicktendo