NEurope
Clownferret

Rocket League

So I downloaded Rocket League after a hell of a long time not playing it.

I also did the unthinkable and bought preamium and loot box keys. I feel dirty, unwashed!

Fun game though...

I actually bought this game during the Steam Sale earlier during the week! Dunno if there's any spaces available, but I can try to play whenever there's a chance to.

This is the most fun multiplayer game created since Smash Bros. but boy does it clog up the Switch's memory. Currently sitting on 10GB or so but considering the game itself is quality and it's always worth keeping around if you ever have any friends who want to play it I keep it around as a multiplayer option on the Switch.

Bought a MicroSD card recently though so Rocket League is going on there. I do wish developers wouldn't hog so much hard drive space in their games though and restrict the potential growth of game libraries, game consoles just cannot support those kind of things the way a PC can.

Sorry, I actually fell asleep straight after making that post. My exhaustion finally caught up with me... ^^;; 

@Vanilla if you're up for a game tonight, DM me your Steam and I'll add you and we can play something when I get home tonight.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sofiz said:

Sorry, I actually fell asleep straight after making that post. My exhaustion finally caught up with me... ^^;; 

@Vanilla if you're up for a game tonight, DM me your Steam and I'll add you and we can play something when I get home tonight.

Done! Anyone else is free to hit me up if they wanna share Steam IDs.

• Thanks 1

Been playing some games with @Vanilla recently and it's really nice to have met a fellow Touhou fan on here. He's been helping me get some of the more elusive multiplayer achievements (thank you!!!!!!) I needed, but there's one that's really annoying me, so I'm going to have to ask the unthinkable.

Is anybody here willing to throw a match to help me get the literal worst achievement in the game? I already have @Vanilla, so I'll need 2 more people. I feel scummy asking but RL Tournament Mode is probably the most cancerous thing I've ever played and I do NOT want to get this one through normal play, ideally I'd like to avoid that place like the plague once I get this. :laughing:

• Thanks 1

I’m also playing this quite regularly on steam so feel free to add me Nicktendo86#2235

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind throwing a match @Sofiz, but only if you tell me what that achievement actually is. Because I gots to know!

@Vanilla and @Nicktendo, if you haven't already, could you add my Rocket ID so that it's easy for me to invite you on Saturday?

It's "Gleni#5212" You might have to tell me yours so I can tell you apart from any random people trying to add me.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I wouldn't mind throwing a match @Sofiz, but only if you tell me what that achievement actually is. Because I gots to know!

Short Answer: Achievement is called "Best Of The Bunch" and it requires you to get MVP in a tournament match.

Long Answer: My plan is to start a 2v2 tournament, as you can't get MVP playing solo. I'd set up a private, password protected tournament, and give the password to Vanilla, Glen and whoever else is able to fill the last slot.

I'm going to enter with @Vanilla in my party, and then @Glen-i will have to party up with someone else and enter as that team. 

Once the tournament starts, ideally the opposing team will clear a path for me to hit the ball straight into the goal, and Vanilla will not touch the ball in any way. Then I get the 100 points for scoring, making me MVP in the process. I don't know if the other team forfeiting after this will count, but I hope it does or we'd have to just let the match timer run out otherwise (and that would be a boring waste of time).

I will say right now that we did try to earn this legitimately, but @Vanilla can attest to the amount of toxic tryhardy players in this mode, and it was pretty clear I'd never get this normally. Also tournaments themselves aren't exactly something you can jump into, as there's a lot of waiting around for them to even start, and then waiting for other teams to determine placements. I can see the appeal of this mode but not if you're playing against strangers.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sofiz said:

Short Answer: Achievement is called "Best Of The Bunch" and it requires you to get MVP in a tournament match.

Long Answer: My plan is to start a 2v2 tournament, as you can't get MVP playing solo. I'd set up a private, password protected tournament, and give the password to Vanilla, Glen and whoever else is able to fill the last slot.

I'm going to enter with @Vanilla in my party, and then @Glen-i will have to party up with someone else and enter as that team. 

Once the tournament starts, ideally the opposing team will clear a path for me to hit the ball straight into the goal, and Vanilla will not touch the ball in any way. Then I get the 100 points for scoring, making me MVP in the process. I don't know if the other team forfeiting after this will count, but I hope it does or we'd have to just let the match timer run out otherwise (and that would be a boring waste of time).

I will say right now that we did try to earn this legitimately, but @Vanilla can attest to the amount of toxic tryhardy players in this mode, and it was pretty clear I'd never get this normally. Also tournaments themselves aren't exactly something you can jump into, as there's a lot of waiting around for them to even start, and then waiting for other teams to determine placements. I can see the appeal of this mode but not if you're playing against strangers.

I'd like that achievement too, I'll join you guys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I'd like that achievement too, I'll join you guys.

Sounds good, I'll set up a tournament so we (the 3 with Steam) can all get a winning round each as MVP, hows that?

• Like 1

You guys are clearly a bunch of achievement junkies. Disgusting behaviour. You'd never see me doing anything like this to unlock achievements or trophies. :p 

• Haha 6

Sure, I’m down to get this achievement! Although I’m actually at work right now, so could we try to arrange for it to be done sometime later tonight? I’ll be free anytime after 7PM. ^^

• Thanks 1

I can do pretty much whenever today, @Nicktendo what about you? Thing is, @Glen-i might not be able tonight - if so, Glen what's your availability like this week? We should all agree on a day and time to do this. For the record, I can do any evening, but I'm working during the daytime. :)

12 hours ago, Sofiz said:

I can do pretty much whenever today, @Nicktendo what about you? Thing is, @Glen-i might not be able tonight - if so, Glen what's your availability like this week? We should all agree on a day and time to do this. For the record, I can do any evening, but I'm working during the daytime. :)

Saturday. 

Failing that, Friday afternoon could work for me if anyone else is available then.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Saturday. 

Failing that, Friday afternoon could work for me if anyone else is available then.

What would you describe “afternoon” as? I’ll be at work and probably won’t be online ‘till around 5:30PM that day. 

Edit: For those interested as well, my RocketID is "Vanilla#3207".

Edited by Vanilla
Forgot my RocketID like an utter fool.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:34 PM, Vanilla said:

What would you describe “afternoon” as? I’ll be at work and probably won’t be online ‘till around 5:30PM that day. 

Edit: For those interested as well, my RocketID is "Vanilla#3207".

5pm to 8pm for me. I can't miss my weekly N-E Smash Night after all.

• Thanks 1

Not sure when I'll be home exactly but I'll be on before 8pm for sure, just running some errands in town first (and getting McDonalds :bouncy:). So that's all of us accounted for except @Nicktendo?

NICK!!!!!! (WHEN) ARE YOU FREE TONIGHT!!!!!!? ( ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾

Well, it doesn't have to be Nick. Couldn't it be anyone else?

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, it doesn't have to be Nick. Couldn't it be anyone else?

It could literally be anyone, but it would have to be soon because it's coming up on 8pm. Do you think you could drag somebody on real quick @Glen-i?

Maybe @RedShell? You fancy throwing a match so Sofiz can get this newfangled thing called an achievement?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Maybe @RedShell? You fancy throwing a match so Sofiz can get this newfangled thing called an achievement?

Sorry, just about to have dinner.

OK, so @Sofiz suggested me trying Split Screen to make up 4 people. I think it might work, I'll send an invite because I need to be the host.

Sofiz, tell me how to set up the tournament you need.

Edited by Glen-i

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Sorry, just about to have dinner.

That's fine, we're just waiting to see if Glen can split screen and enter himself as a 2 person team

EDIT: there we go!

Edited by Sofiz
  • Like 1