NEurope
Clownferret

Rocket League

@Clownferret is setting up a 1v1 tournament tonight from 10pm following Liverpool v Man City in the Champions League :smile:

Put your name down if you want to get involved!

On 03/04/2018 at 8:02 PM, Dcubed said:

Even performance mode is a huge improvement over the previous version's visuals! Looks great, even on a big 4K display! (I can actually read the text properly now! :D )

I didn't notice any improvement to the text in performance mode, a huge increase of overall UI clarity when set to quality though! Another way to tell is with my Mii icon, it looks seriously messed up in performance mode (just as it did pre-update) :heh: but switch to quality and the resolution bump makes all the difference.

Shame it's not possible to combine the crisp UI of quality mode, with the 60fps gameplay of performance mode. :hehe:

Anyway, finally having video capture support is probably the best thing about the update, tested it with one of my epic save replays:

YblUZLI.gif

Reckon I'll mainly use this feature from the replay section rather than in-game actually, in order to make some use of quality mode. Definitely sticking with performance mode otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/04/2018 at 3:31 PM, RedShell said:

Anyway, finally having video capture support is probably the best thing about the update, tested it with one of my epic save replays:

YblUZLI.gif

Me too :grin:

While my save isn't particularly impressive on a technical level (plus we ultimately lost the game in overtime :sad: ) the countdown, timing and just how close it was to crossing the line adds a certain amount of drama :hehe:

It's moments like this that make Rocket League great!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nekunando said:

Me too :grin:

While my save isn't particularly impressive on a technical level (plus we ultimately lost the game in overtime :sad: ) the countdown, timing and just how close it was to crossing the line adds a certain amount of drama :hehe:

It's moments like this that make Rocket League great!

I happen to think this save was way more impressive.

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

I just bought this game, in its seemingly continuous sale. (in preparation of this event)

I think I may be playing it wrong.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

..but did it go in or did someone charge in to save it?

We must get a game some night!

1 hour ago, nekunando said:

..but did it go in or did someone charge in to save it?

We must get a game some night!

It was a replay, so without the notifications, the effect is less.. But no, it didn't go in. Check the timer.. :D

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Join our awesome RL app group @Sméagol. Or better yet, join us now!

No Whatsapp unforunately..

So a new map is inbound, with a breezy beachy look. Further there are new items, a new car, and the start of the new season. And a Summer Event starting June 11th.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Scored one of my best goals ever on this tonight... just a shame it was for the opposite team. :heh::laughing:

Cheers @Glen-i & @Nicktendo, was fun.

:peace:

Consider it your payment for not having to lift a finger in order to score in an earlier match.

And for once, charging towards the ball in a desperate attempt to punt it makes me actually look skillful!

And @Nicktendo just couldn't handle all the hype for E3!

• Haha 2

Rocket League: Gibraltar Edition. :heh:

DfR9364U0AAVn9N.jpg:large

Anyway, we need to get some Rumble games going the next time we play, it's a blast! The addition of power-ups (like being able to make the ball stick to your car, or kicking other players out of the way) is absolutely fantastic. :hehe: And it turns the already unpredictable Rocket League into even more of a chaotic mess! Perfect for those that enjoy super crazy gameplay. ;)

Spiky car shenanigans: :laughing:

Assisted scoring: :D 

Think I'm going to be playing this mode almost exclusively from now on. Brilliant stuff. :)

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

I think the beach event starts today right? May be playing this a lot this week, I've got that RL fever again!

Wow, I didn't realise there was an Items mode. Looks mental! I definitely want to try that some time.

Probably not tonight though. E3 to watch and all that.

Anyway, here's one more highlight from my session with @Nicktendo and @RedShell. I would have posted it earlier, but inspiration struck @Dcubed and then, well...

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

I've played over 160 hours of Rocket League and haven't ever really deviated from the standard rules.. but I'm well up for some chaos with you guys (though it'll probably be the weekend until I have a free evening) 

• Like 1

I really don’t get why there isn’t a Switch news channel for this game, I always end up finding out about the events late (just like the anniversary one that’s on at the moment :rolleyes:) meaning much less chance to grab the event items. ::shrug:

Anyway, for those that also weren’t aware of the latest event, an extra mode for it has been added to the online playlist that features a unique arena/ball physics. It runs until the 23rd.

Also, I had no idea that Rocket League started out as the rather poorly titled Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars on PS3, ten years ago! :o Good job Psyonix went multi-platform for the sequel. Oh, and didn’t call it Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars 2. :heh: 

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

Also, I had no idea that Rocket League started out as the rather poorly titled Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars on PS3, ten years ago! :o Good job Psyonix went multi-platform for the sequel. Oh, and didn’t call it Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars 2. :heh: 

Have you tried entering the Konami Code on the title screen?

• Haha 1

I know Splatoon 2 is usually the post-MKLeague game on Thursday night, but with it being Splatfest this weekend anyway, I’m wondering if anyone is up for some Rocket League instead? Plus with the anniversary event currently running, it’s a good time to be playing. Oh, and we could finally get some N-E Rumble games going too! ;) 

@Glen-i @Nicktendo @Vileplume2000 @nekunando @BowserBasher @Clownferret @Sméagol

• Like 1

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'd be up for that at around 9:15.

• Thanks 1

I know Splatoon 2 is usually the post-MKLeague game on Thursday night, but with it being Splatfest this weekend anyway, I’m wondering if anyone is up for some Rocket League instead? Plus with the anniversary event currently running, it’s a good time to be playing. Oh, and we could finally get some N-E Rumble games going too! ;) 

@Glen-i @Nicktendo @Vileplume2000 @nekunando @BowserBasher @Clownferret @Sméagol

I haven't played this in a while, and I'm seeing another film tonight. Should be back at 22:00 UK? If you're still playing this then, I'll join.

I'm working but if you want to play over the weekend give me a shout :smile:

21 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I haven't played this in a while, and I'm seeing another film tonight. Should be back at 22:00 UK? If you're still playing this then, I'll join.

Will probably be on till around 22:30, 23:00 at the latest.

21 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I'm working but if you want to play over the weekend give me a shout :smile:

Ah ok. How about Sunday evening?