NEurope
Clownferret

Rocket League

I couldn't see a thread for this.

How to you play as a team. The Switch shows me people are playing this game, but in game there doesn't appear to be a way to join a friends match a'la Mario kart.

3 hours ago, Clownferret said:

I couldn't see a thread for this.

How to you play as a team. The Switch shows me people are playing this game, but in game there doesn't appear to be a way to join a friends match a'la Mario kart.

On the main menu, hit X to invite friends to your team (making you the 'Party Leader) and when people accept the invitation they'll appear on your screen. You can then go online and decide what type of game you wish to play :smile:

Myself, @Kaepora_Gaebora and @dazzybee have been on this game at some point most days and it's been fun going into 3v3 as a team. An extra player to go into 4v4 wouldn't hurt, nor would 2v2.. though I see @The Mole and @tapedeck playing at times too. 

We all need to get it together some night :hehe:

2 hours ago, nekunando said:

On the main menu, hit X to invite friends to your team (making you the 'Party Leader) and when people accept the invitation they'll appear on your screen. You can then go online and decide what type of game you wish to play :smile:

Myself, @Kaepora_Gaebora and @dazzybee have been on this game at some point most days and it's been fun going into 3v3 as a team. An extra player to go into 4v4 wouldn't hurt, nor would 2v2.. though I see @The Mole and @tapedeck playing at times too. 

We all need to get it together some night :hehe:

This, on all accounts. Good to get a group of us. Nando isn’t exaggerating saying we’ve been playing it most nights :D

This game is eating up way too much of my gaming time right now. Frightening!

Should really be starting to get better at it by now :heh:

Starting to get into this again now. :D Had a quick go on the PS4 version last night (right after playing it on Switch) and while it definitely looks a lot nicer, it actually feels somewhat slower in comparison. :hmm: Not sure why, both versions run at 60fps... very weird. ::shrug: Also, this might be the only time that I actually prefer digital shoulder buttons for accelerating/braking in a "driving" game! Yeah, going back to the Dual Shock 4 for this felt really strange.

Anyway, glad I finally decided to pick it up for Switch (especially as I'll no longer be able to play my PS+ version soon). The game is a blast regardless of platform, although I'm not sure about this trading malarkey they've added. That wasn't part of the game back when I was originally playing it, and I keep getting requests to trade, even though I only have like a hat and 1 decal. :heh:

• Like 1

Got back on this today and lost every match. I suck so bad, but it’s still great fun.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Starting to get into this again now. :D Had a quick go on the PS4 version last night (right after playing it on Switch) and while it definitely looks a lot nicer, it actually feels somewhat slower in comparison. :hmm: Not sure why, both versions run at 60fps... very weird. ::shrug: Also, this might be the only time that I actually prefer digital shoulder buttons for accelerating/braking in a "driving" game! Yeah, going back to the Dual Shock 4 for this felt really strange.

Anyway, glad I finally decided to pick it up for Switch (especially as I'll no longer be able to play my PS+ version soon). The game is a blast regardless of platform, although I'm not sure about this trading malarkey they've added. That wasn't part of the game back when I was originally playing it, and I keep getting requests to trade, even though I only have like a hat and 1 decal. :heh:

I've never touched trading or many of the modes. The game is basically all about competitive online matches with N-E teammates.. and I hope to see you online soon :grin:

• Like 1

Anyone fancy playing this tonight? After my first foray into this in yesterday's multiplayer extravaganza. I'm keen to play some more.

Thanks for the games earlier @Nicktendo, 2v2 probably wasn’t the best choice though, as you no doubt realised after witnessing my “skills”. :heh:  Same goes for Hoops, was the first time I’d played that mode on Switch and only ever tried it once before that on PS4.

Amazed this game doesn’t support video capture. Here’s hoping it’ll be patched in at some point.

@Glen-i, I could join you for a few games at around 9:15.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Thanks for the games earlier @Nicktendo, 2v2 probably wasn’t the best choice though, as you no doubt realised after witnessing my “skills”. :heh:  Same goes for Hoops, was the first time I’d played that mode on Switch and only ever tried it once before that on PS4.

Amazed this game doesn’t support video capture. Here’s hoping it’ll be patched in at some point.

@Glen-i, I could join you for a few games at around 9:15.

I see, @nekunando is around as well, I'll try to invite you both.

• Like 1

I think it has crashed. :hehe:

Cheers for the games, was hilarious. :D 

Edited by RedShell

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Thanks, @RedShell, @Nintendo Fan and @Clownferret for the games and thanks for putting up with my overexcitement making me punt the ball for giggles. I love doing that.

Yes good playing with you guys albeit only for a few games. You need to get added to the Rocket League WhatsApp. We play most nights and organise through the app. 

• Thanks 1

We can get a group of 6 for private games at this rate. Put 80+ hours into the game and can’t see it slowing down...

@nekunando has appointed himself Rocket League What's App group Admin, so anyone who is playing regularly and has what's app message him to get yourself added! 

It'd be great to have a few N-E teams to play against each other and also to have numbers when we go online against randoms :)

Great, would love to join the Whatsapp group! What do you usually play, 3v3 ranked right?

With normal mode I must say matchmaking is all over the place. Sometimes it is well balanced, but sometimes the gap in skill is huge.

Message @nekunando your number and he can add you to our group; be prepared to turn your notifications off though, Dazzy woke up to 293 messages from our thread last night! 

Right, roll up roll up, who fancies some games tonight, around 9:30 start? @Glen-i @RedShell @Emerald Emblem @Clownferret @Nicktendo @dazzybee @nekunando @Nintendo Fan @Vileplume2000

Apologies anyone I've missed just going off the top of my head!

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora
  • Thanks 2

How is this game for single player too? I have some eshop credit and have been watching this game as a potential buy. Whilst I’m sure I’d get time to play with you guys, I don’t know how often that would be.