NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Valkyria Chronicles 4

Just announced this morning.

Even though it's a multi platform release, this is a big get and exactly the kind of support from 3rd parties the Switch needs.

In Japan it releases first on the PS4 in March and then in Summer on the Switch. Not sure if this is the same for the West.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 3

WOOHOO! I loved the original! So stoked for this! :D 

Wonder if Switch will also get a port of the PC/PS4 remaster as well...

Edited by Dcubed

Brace yourself, the JPRG floodgates for the Switch will be opening in 2018 :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blade said:

Brace yourself, the JPRG floodgates for the Switch will be opening in 2018 :D

Good as it's a genre that is sorely missing on the platform so far.

*twiddles thumbs until Xenoblade 2 arrives*

• Like 1

I loved what I played of the first game but I remember getting stuck on a mission I just couldn't get past and quit out of frustration. I'll keep an eye on this one though as the design, world and story from the first game were brilliant. No idea what platform I'll get it for yet though.

OK, it was recommended to me before, but I'll have to get it this time.

I'd love it if Switch got the "complete" editions of lots of last-gen RPGs, actually.  My preference would be for the BioWare ones, although that's a big ask.

Valkyria Chronicles is a series on my bucket list. Happy to see a Switch release.

Although I haven't finished the previous game, this is an instant pre-order. I'll make sure to finish the previous before then. This and Fire Emblem next year, Mario + Rabbids this year.. The switch is excellent for strategy games. Still want that Xcom 2 port though!

Excellent news, loved the first game. It was a massive shame that we never got a proper sequel over here on the big consoles again, so great to see them go back to their roots. :D

Opening cutscene with an amazing theme song - Light Up My Life - performed by singer/songwriter Mai Kuraki, composed by shilo and arranged by Shuho Mitani.

A battle mechanics trailer, featuring some new and some returning mechanics:

And a new illustration by Raita Honjou showcasing the valkyria Clymaria Lewin.

Valkyria.jpg

• Like 2

If there is one thing that makes me curious about this game, it's what it will be called in the west as the third game never came out here.

More news on the game is coming on April 15th during SEGA Fes 2018. 

• Thanks 1

Apparently, there will be a demo out today, when the e-shop updates! (I don't see it yet)

https://nintendoeverything.com/valkyria-chronicles-4-demo-and-digital-pre-orders-live-on-switch-today/

It contains the prologue and first two missions, and a bonus mission exclusive to the demo? Importing the savefile in the full game will get you an item.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Apparently, there will be a demo out today, when the e-shop updates! (I don't see it yet)

https://nintendoeverything.com/valkyria-chronicles-4-demo-and-digital-pre-orders-live-on-switch-today/

It contains the prologue and first two missions, and a bonus mission exclusive to the demo? Importing the savefile in the full game will get you an item.

It's available now. http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Valkyria-Chronicles-4-1414138.html

• Thanks 1

I played some of the demo last night. Of course, I was looking forward to more of this kind of gameplay, but I was hoping for.. something fresh as well? It feels exactly the same as the first game. This includes the menu in the form of a book, which to be honest I found a bit cumbersome. And the annoying little cutscenes in between. HQ is also pretty much the same. Especially the presentation would benefit from an overhaul. Gameplay is great, but again, I wish it felt a bit fresher. The grenadiers are definitely cool, but so far, that's the only thing setting this apart from the first game, as far as I can remember. Hopefully there's some new stuff in later chapters.

Edit: Also, I can't find the option for the Japanese audio. Perhaps in the full game? Otherwise that would also be terribly disappointing after playing the first game in Japanese.

And.. The cool & sexy Kai's my favourite. But Raz is not far behind.

Edited by Sméagol

The final version will have Japanese audio, Switch gets it as DLC.

• Thanks 1

Played the demo the other day, and really enjoyed it. Had the first one on my list (which I want to play before the new one) for a while now, but the demo for 4 certainly bumped it up some.

Also:

Edited by Julius Caesar

Sign in to follow this