NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Doom

On 11/13/2017 at 1:37 PM, Dcubed said:

I have a high spec PC and have played DOOM on it at 1440p, full whack Ultra settings at a faultless 60FPS and I still think it looks great on Switch.  Looks almost exactly the same, just somewhat soft (not much different from Snake Pass really).  Doesn’t even feel much slower, the excellent motion blur helps a lot with making it feel fast and smooth at 30FPS and while the visuals are soft, they’re basically completely free of aliasing (jagged edges).  I’ve also noticed little to no slowdown at all so far, docked or undocked.

I gotta be honest. I think your PC may be wasted on you :cheeky:

• Haha 1

Yeah dude, that's more of a comment on your ability to perceive visual differences than on the quality of the port. Maybe go see an optician? :p There's an absolutely colossal difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RedShell said:

This game is nuts! :laughing: Only done a couple of missions, probably would’ve done more but kept getting lost looking for secrets. Speaking of secrets...

Reveal hidden contents

It was hilarious when I suddenly stumbled on an old-school Doom area, complete with original super low res textures. :hehe:

Totally wasn’t expecting that. :D

Maybe that's the soupy mess Digital Foundry were talking about, and they just didn't realise :p

• Haha 3

Just now, londragon said:

Maybe that's the soupy mess Digital Foundry were talking about, and they just didn't realise :p

I'm playing the PS4 version though. :hehe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know about you guys, but I make sure I turn every demon I see into a soupy mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm well up for some online games... Mario and now rocket league are severe distractions but if we get something booked in it's easier!

For now I'm going to suggest Friday night. Thursday is the mario Kart league and Splatoon battle.

Holy shit! :eek: I decided to check out the SnapMap mode tonight and have been absolutely glued to it! Had no idea it was so deep, incredible stuff. :cool: Probably should’ve waited until finishing the campaign though, as it’s going to be really tough to stop messing with it now. :D

Such a shame it was cut from the Switch release.

I’m personally not much of a map builder, but it’s incredibly robust of a tool. Really reminds me of Little Big Planet when you start checking out some of the maps and actual campaigns others have come up with. 

Practically player made DLC. 

• Like 1

On 15/11/2017 at 1:15 PM, Sméagol said:

For now I'm going to suggest Friday night. Thursday is the mario Kart league and Splatoon battle.

I;’m up for some tonight! From 10pm though... any good for you? Anyone else up for it?

23 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

I;’m up for some tonight! From 10pm though... any good for you? Anyone else up for it?

I could maybe squeeze some DOOM in around that time or perhaps a little later.. and some Rocket League too, if you fancy it :grin:

I'm up for being fodder on both tonight. Played 1 match of Rocket League last night and struggled, hopefully I'll improve in time! Will pick up Doom shortly but tonight will probably be the first time I play it.

54 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

@Sméagol @nekunando @Clownferret @Dcubed Anyone else who has it. 

Some deathmatcg tonight? I’m actually free all night so we’ll up for organising doom/rocket league/Arms/splatoon Tomorrow night too from about 9pm. 

I'd be up for something tomorrow night, except DOOM because I don't have it yet. 

I finished the campaign earlier, really enjoyed it. It was a good change from playing just Mario and I probably had as much fun with this as I did Mario surprisingly - even if it’s just mindless violence, haha.

I’m hardly ever online these days but hope to be on a little more come the turn of the year maybe... once the house is all sorted and Xmas is out of the way.

I’d give it a solid 8.

Edited by Kav

I'm about to finish it. The single player campaign actually offers plenty if you're in exploration and doing the challenges.. I'm currently trying to 100% the previous levels before I do the final one. After that, I'll probably try a higher difficulty at some point, currently playing on normal.

Rocket league has absolutely consumed me, but definitely want to blitz this game over the weekend. Enjoyed what I played. 

So, the past so times I’ve played this I can’t move in the menus.... anyone have an idea about this? It’s really really annoying. 

10 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

So, the past so times I’ve played this I can’t move in the menus.... anyone have an idea about this? It’s really really annoying. 

Can’t move..? I’d not encountered this problem I must admit, sorry.

Controller sync issue possibly? If not then... ::shrug:

Turns out it's a common problem, need to hard rest the switch, bizarre. What a game though!!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this