NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

On Rush

Wrong trailer :heh:

Seems like they're going with a Rocket League-esque FoV and feel, which is a winning idea.

Edited by dwarf
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much my sentiments as well. I played for about an hour last night and while it was fun to begin with, around the fourth or fifth event is when it started to grow stale. There's a good concept but as an example of the end product, it doesn't give a good impression as it seems shallow and needs a lot more variety than what's there in terms of modes and perhaps that'll be there but if your only contact with the game was the beta, I don't think it'll be turning people towards the game.

My main issue besides the lack of variety was the steering. I just felt the steering wasn't quite right, seemed to have too much understeer when doing long corners but oversteer with smaller movements.

If they were to incorporate some Excite Truck or Split/Second style triggered events then I could see it hooking me in a bit more (What I wouldn't give for another Split/Second as that was brilliant). Didn't Motorstorm Apocalypse have similar events mid race. It just needs the little bit more to make it more engaging and thrilling and it's missing that.

Sign in to follow this