NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Ghost of Tsushima (PS4/PS5)

Hnnnnnnnnngggg. Can't wait for this. :D

Seriously looks so bluddy sweet. Gorgeous, too. :o 

I stupidly thought this would not but be my type of game but fuck me it's gorgeous!

I think this game looks absolutely and the fighting looked very interesting. The colours were so vibrant and the camera framing looked great during that trailer! :heart:

Really looking forward to this! :)

8 minutes ago, Kav said:

This will add to the game!

Awesome! I did think the English voice acting felt a little jarring in a Japanese setting, so I will definitely switch to subtitles!

• Like 2

it's pretty cool that we have full access to all Samurai skill from the start but we need to acquires the way of Ghost (ninja) skills through gameplay. 

Finally, a nice PS4 box art after the fugly generic ones of Detroit, Death Stranding, Spider Man, Days Gone... about time. 

I think it's somewhat fitting that Sucker Punch have effectively ushered us into the PS4 era and now are leading us out of it, assuming that 2020 is the consoles last year.

I can still remember frantically trying to play through all of the other inFamous games on my PS3 before the PS4 came out with InFamous Second Son, the PS3 even broke a mere week before the PS4 came out and I bought a new PS3 Super Slim just so that I could get the series played. :D

The games were just that enjoyable to me, so it made it all worthwhile.

I'm hoping that Ghost of Tsushima will be just as enjoyable but in a different way and who knows... it might even get me properly back into playing more PS4 games.

Just by how the game looks, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up getting an enhanced PS5 port or if it just runs a lot better on the new system... heck, maybe it will be the game which will finally do in my launch model PS4, that would be sod's law. :p

Anyway, looking forward to this one. :smile:

• Like 1

It's crazy to see just how far Sucker Punch have come. Under Sony they've went from the Sly Raccoon/Cooper series, to the Infamous series (I :heart: those games) and now to this. It's good to see them having the opportunity to work on new IPs in such quick succession.

It's quite a similar similar trajectory to Naughty Dog. Both made a trilogy of platformers on the PS2, followed by a new IPs (Uncharted & Infamous) in the PS3 Era and then another new IP each in The Last of Us and Ghosts of Tsushima.  

• Like 1

Story trailer and release date shadow drop!

Coming June 26th.

Much earlier than I was expecting, had been thinking this could be an August release. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's sooner than I was expecting. I was expecting late August/early September for the release to help bridge the gap to the PS5 launch and give it and The Last of Us Part 2 a bit more space.

The game continues to look stunning. I do think I need to see a bit more gameplay to be fully set on it as I can't tell if it's going to be another open world game with bandit camps and such, just with a Samurai aesthetic. I hope it's not that and is more nuanced but it's a big departure for Sucker Punch so we'll see.

Though who am I kidding, I'll be picking it up anyway as by and large Sony hasn't missed a beat with their first party games this gen (Days Gone might be the only one I'm not really taken on, though I've only played an hour or two of it so far).

May and June sorted though. Looking forward to seeing out the PS4 with some amazing games. Though I'm still not expecting the PS5 till next March given recent global events.

Different editions have been detailed by the US PS Blog (still find it funny seeing Andrew Goldfarb's name anywhere but at IGN, but seems like he's doing well at SP!):

Digital Deluxe Edition - $69.99

49618782033_d639cd5797_h.jpg

Special Edition - $69.99

49619299196_bede8ca0c9_h.jpg

Collector's Edition - $169.99

49619563657_c741557673_h.jpg

EDIT: Japanese dub sounds great, think I'll be playing with subtitles for a change with this game!

EDIT 2: Pretty sweet dynamic theme from pre-ordering. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic trailer. :bowdown: 

All of the Sucker Punch games that i've played have never let me down and I can't see why that would change with this game. Also, it's releasing far earlier than I expected. Resident Evil 3, Final Fantasy VII, Last of Us 2 and then this...hell of a few months for PS4 owners.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Fantastic trailer. :bowdown: 

All of the Sucker Punch games that i've played have never let me down and I can't see why that would change with this game. Also, it's releasing far earlier than I expected. Resident Evil 3, Final Fantasy VII, Last of Us 2 and then this...hell of a few months for PS4 owners.

Agreed, absolutely amazing stuff from Sucker Punch. :)

If you want to make the trailer even better though, turn on captions, auto-translate and set it to English. :D

As for the game generally though, I can't wait for it. :smile:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I'll end up getting it for the PS5 that I'll inevitably own.. :red:

Why the sad face? If you don't want the game or the console then don't buy them. Seems daft shelling out what will no doubt be a hefty amount of cash on something you aren't really wanting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haha.. I'll see how it is, @Hero of Time :hehe:

I always get a PlayStation a few years into their lifecycle so I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true again to play some of the games I feel like I'm missing out on!

It feels a little different this time because the Switch is already into its 4th year and, for me at least, Nintendo have dropped the ball after an amazing start with 2017. 

It was always going to be difficult to following that up, particularly in 2018, but to have come through another disappointing year in 2019 has left me more than a bit deflated.

We know there will be plenty of games we don't know about in 2020 but I'm not at all confident that there will actually be much for me to be excited about.

To be fair, I wouldn't expect the PS5 to solve my problems either but the launch of new consoles is always intriguing.. unless you're Stadia :hehe:

Edited by nekunando
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Map said:

New release date July 17th

I knew that was coming as soon as I saw that @Map posted on the thread :cry: 

Thanks for the update, guess it's time to make sure I'm not working that Saturday...

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Watching the State of Play.

The game is ridiculously beautiful :o

Sign in to follow this