NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Ghost of Tsushima (PS4/PS5)

The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan--until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back. But, honorable tactics won't lead you to victory. You must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting--the way of the Ghost--as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan.

2 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

*kinda wanted another Infamous game*

To be fair you had like a 30% chance of that. All they’ve done is Sly Cooper and Infamous. (And some one off N64 game that I think isn’t their IP)

Can’t blame them for branching out again and trying a new IP. 

This was probably my favourite thing of the conference. Sucker Punch have a fantastic track record and I love any kind of samurai setting, so this is right up my street. 

• Like 1

All I need to know is that Sucker Punch are making it.

I am SO excited to see what they do. What a wonderful surprise.

Do you reckon that we might have supernatural abilities or or we will play an actually samurai with amazing sword-fighting skill? 

I'm hoping it's grounded. Nothing in the trailer or what SP have said have indicated anything magic-y.

• Like 1

Sucker Punch + Samurai warriors = sold! ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s possible that the game might not be as Samurai-oriented as it originally seemed, and could be a ninja game instead (or as well as?).

From the official site (and included in @drahkon‘s original post too):

As one of the last surviving Samurai, you rise from the ashes and move beyond your traditions to forge a new way of fighting — the way of the Ghost — as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan.

I was really looking forward to a Samurai game, but I’d be happy to see a AAA Tenchu too!

It would also explain the ninja look of the character in the trailer:

ghost-1509379584482_270h.jpg

Edited by Julius Caesar

Also sucker punch said the stealth is a huge part of the game and I read some comments about how it's not uncommon thing for a samurai became a unconventional fighter (Ronin) or that there are samurai schools actually teaching ninjajutsu along with the Bushido code in Japan's history 

28 minutes ago, DriftKaiser said:

Also sucker punch said the stealth is a huge part of the game and I read some comments about how it's not uncommon thing for a samurai became a unconventional fighter (Ronin) or that there are samurai schools actually teaching ninjajutsu along with the Bushido code in Japan's history 

Totally guessing from the trailer, but I think he’s a rōnin-turned-ninja. It seems that he was a Samurai before, until whoever his master was gets killed; a rōnin is a Samurai who’s lost their master (literally translates as “drifter” or “wanderer”). It seems like he tries to get avenge his fallen master as a rōnin, which fails, and so he turns to alternative techniques with ninjitsu. 

I honestly just hope that we get to play as all three types of warrior throughout the story. 

A couple of bits of artwork for the game have been released.

GhostofTsushima-Cove-2946-O.jpg

romain-jouandeau-drc1sgvwaamoyns.jpg?151

I'm looking forward to seeing how the game looks and plays. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, drahkon said:

I didn't expect it to look this good! The colour palette really lends itself to being a game set hundreds of years ago, and the particle effect look superb. Just insane. The leaves man! I also love the linear/side-view samurai stand-offs, and the sound effect for unsheathing your katana is incredible.

Hoping for a release window come Paris Games Week/PSX :D 

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Thanks 1

That gameplay trailer gave the game a huge boost (along with death stranding).

Didnt think this would end up being big.

6 minutes ago, dan-likes-trees said:

The leaves fluttering around at the end.. dope. Surely not hitting this generation though is it?

Out of the three of their four deep dive games currently without a release date, yet alone a release window, I think this is probably the safest bet to come first.

Doesn’t really answer your question, I know :p but I hope so. I don’t know how long I can wait for a game like this without losing my mind :D it looks beautiful, that much is for sure!

giphy.gif

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this