NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp ( Mobile Game. Out Late Nov )

10 hours ago, VsPhoenix said:

How are you getting on with the latest set of dappledots? The appearence rate seems really low, and I'm hardly catching any of the ones that do show up.

About halfway through Task 3-3 and 4-2. But yeah, the appearance/capture rate definitely seems much lower with these.

I had all but the last batch of animals maxed out

Impressive. :cool: What level is your character at? I’m Lv. 92, and wondering if 100 is the max or not.

I've had one each of crawfish, surgeonfish and pearl oyster so far, although I havent actually looked that hard for them.

This must be where I’m going wrong then. :heh: Seriously, check my market box to see just how crazy I’ve been going, but instead of catching a crawfish I’ve just been finding loads of black bass. :laughing:

31 minutes ago, RedShell said:

What level is your character at? I’m Lv. 92, and wondering if 100 is the max or not.

About midway through 122. Keep going :grin:

Got a clownfish earlier. I assume the King Salmon should be obvious from its shadow so the knifejaw is the one Im going to have to make an effort to find. Also managed to max out my inventory so will have to start making more effort with Gulliver.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2018 at 9:01 AM, VsPhoenix said:

About midway through 122. Keep going :grin:

Got a clownfish earlier. I assume the King Salmon should be obvious from its shadow so the knifejaw is the one Im going to have to make an effort to find. Also managed to max out my inventory so will have to start making more effort with Gulliver.

I’ve already given Gulliver all of my duplicates. Occasionally I just craft up 10 log fences (the cheapest/quickest thing to make) and give him those. :heh: But, it’s generally not worth the effort for a couple of measly animal treats.

Anyway, I’m currently 1 bug away from completing the penultimate task. Not really fussed about the final task as the reward is only 1 of those stone thingys, but will probably get it done before the event ends regardless. :hehe: 

Still no sign of any of the bug/fish I need though. :D 

I just need the new stag beetle and the knifejaw now. Spent ages looking for the knifejaw yesterday and got everything but, including a tuna and a napoleon fish. Did manage to complete the gardening event at least, although I did feel a bit cheated by the cut-scene reward.

I still need a couple of items from the standard fortune cookies and have managed to amass quite a stock of duplicates. Need to have a good clearout. I was trying to get a full set of themed treats by using biwa lutes to push Gulliver's shipment value up but its such a slow process. Its definitely not worth it to level up animals, I just like having one of everything.

49 minutes ago, VsPhoenix said:

I just like having one of everything.

Hehehe! I’m exactly the same. :hehe: Ever since the fortune cookie thing came into play though I’ve given up on that. Get the feeling nothing will end up transferring to a future Switch AC anyway.

I wonder if they’re going to do a bug catching tournament on this at some point? Seems weird that we’ve had 3 fishing ones, but none for bugs. :hmm: 

They were seasonal rather than alternating on the previous games weren't they? Hopefully its just a pattern like 2 ocean, 2 river, 2 bug? I'd be suprised if we don't get one eventually. Although I suppose the fact you can see what bug you're catching would mess with the scoring system they've set up.

I can't see anything major transferring to switch either. Maybe some special item for having played? I like starting from scratch anyway.

37 minutes ago, VsPhoenix said:

They were seasonal rather than alternating on the previous games weren't they?

I think so, yeah.

38 minutes ago, VsPhoenix said:

I can't see anything major transferring to switch either. Maybe some special item for having played? I like starting from scratch anyway.

Yep, that seems more likely.

The best thing to transfer from this to the Switch version will actually be all the dedicated AC fans that I’ve been accumulating on the friend list, should make whatever online functionality the next game has all the more enjoyable. :) 

Reward from the latest gardening event:

oX6bHEx.jpg

:laughing:

Aw... I wish it could be worn by K.K. Slider. :heh:

Another big update to this game yesterday. It's pretty crazy just how much has been added/changed from the original version now. :hehe: 

They implemented 3 new fruit types, but only one of them will actually appear in your game (a la native fruit from the console versions) so you have to acquire the rest from other players. There's a new treasure map mini-game, where you can win materials, bells, leaf tickets etc... even new villagers. And it's now possible to complete villager requests much quicker, by having Pete make the deliveries for you. :D

I can't wait for AC on Switch, but I'm really glad Pocket Camp is still going strong. It's been filling the AC void very nicely. :) 

• Thanks 1

I kinda wish I kept playing. I feel I’m way behind on getting back into it to enjoy it again. 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

I kinda wish I kept playing. I feel I’m way behind on getting back into it to enjoy it again. 

I've taken occasional breaks from playing this before and still been able to get back into it. All you really miss out on is some time exclusive items/events, as the new villagers can be met whenever. No weeding to do either! :grin:I'm quite surprised they haven't added that element in some form actually. :heh:

• Thanks 1

There have been some more interesting additions to this recently, including a Happy Home Designer-esque mini-game. It's a very simplified version of that though, which seems designed more than anything to encourage the purchase of fortune cookies. :heh: But yeah, what's interesting are the rewards it unlocks, the ability to craft the Golden furniture items specifically.

The requirements to craft this stuff are just crazy! Like hundreds of materials, lots of rare items and an insane amount of bells. :o It all gives me the impression that these are being implemented as final goals for Pocket Camp, and that maybe the updates will be coming to an end soon, or perhaps they even intend to discontinue it, similar to Miitomo. I wonder if the plan could be to end the service to coincide with the release of the Switch version...

What do people reckon, would it make sense to have Pocket Camp and Switch AC coexist? 

Edited by RedShell

I think they could perfectly coexist, and even complement each other in a Pokémon (Let's) Go kind of way. It would be nice if your character could migrate between the village/city in AC Switch and the campsites of ACPC.

Will Nintendo go this way? I doubt it. But it wouldn't hurt them to give some perks or incentives to players who have been pumping hours in the mobile version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this