Serebii

Animal Crossing Mobile Direct - 25th October 4am

15 minutes long

Switch & 3DS will not be discussed.

No other mobile games will be discussed

Edited by Serebii
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Switch will not be discussed... this worries me greatly. I want an incredible companion mobile app with an island/ City/land or whatever to the switch version. 

I dont wwnt something completeky stabdalone or, please no, a full animal crossing experience on mobile.... 

5 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Switch will not be discussed... this worries me greatly. I want an incredible companion mobile app with an island/ City/land or whatever to the switch version. 

It will be crazy if they don't have both games communicate with each other. 

It's a fine line to walk between maximising the potential of the mobile game, but not making their Switch game redundant.

I wasn't expecting them to talk about Switch here, they'll reveal that game next year once the mobile game has spread the word.

Actually really looking forward to seeing what kind of game this is, hoping it's an Animal Crossing lite.

Like Ronnie I doubt it'll be a full on Animal Crossing experience, will be interesting to see what it's like. I'm thinking it'll just be character creation and the ability to earn items that can then be transferred to the Switch version. It's obviously Nintendo's plan to encourage mobile players to move on to the console versions so we might get some idea of what the Switch game will look like. 

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

It's a fine line to walk between maximising the potential of the mobile game, but not making their Switch game redundant.

I wasn't expecting them to talk about Switch here, they'll reveal that game next year once the mobile game has spread the word.

Good thinking.

I get the feeling that we’ll be getting a 2018 Switch direct around New Year’s, so, if that turns out to be the case, having the mobile game reveal this week and released within the next 2 - 4 weeks would prop up the Switch game quite nicely if revealed shortly after Christmas.

Not that I ever thought it needed something to prop itself up - I was expecting it to drop in this Direct too - but this tactic has certainly been working so far for Nintendo, so I suppose there’s no reason to doubt it this time either :)

20 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Good thinking.

I get the feeling that we’ll be getting a 2018 Switch direct around New Year’s, so, if that turns out to be the case, having the mobile game reveal this week and released within the next 2 - 4 weeks would prop up the Switch game quite nicely if revealed shortly after Christmas.

Not that I ever thought it needed something to prop itself up - I was expecting it to drop in this Direct too - but this tactic has certainly been working so far for Nintendo, so I suppose there’s no reason to doubt it this time either :)

I hadn't really considered the mobile game could be a mere few weeks away, thought it might be a couple of months at least, but who knows?

I've been trying to lower my expectations for the mobile AC game generally to be honest. I'm not expecting much, mostly because I don't think Nintendo care that much for the platform and see mobile mainly as a way of keeping their shareholders happy and making a few extra quid. We'll see I guess...

Seriously hyped for info about this. Guessing it’s more likely to be something of a companion app to the Switch version rather than a standalone AC, but I’d be cool with either. Whichever way it goes, AC is a perfect fit for an on the go, pick up and play experience. :smile:

Worst case scenario would be a mobile version of amiibo festival or something, but I don’t think Nintendo are that mental. :heh: They’re not, are they? :blank:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Worst case scenario would be a mobile version of amiibo festival or something, but I don’t think Nintendo are that mental. :heh: They’re not, are they? :blank:

c8e.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I really hope this isn't a standalone mobile version of Animal Crossing. I've been craving for an HD version since the WiiU...
As a companion app this could be great, although I don't see that happening since they specify there will be no 3DS or Switch games discussed.

• Like 1

Looks ok.. It's basically Animal Crossing light, but with micro transactions. Instead of an house and a town, you have a camper and a campsite. Animals and people on your friendlist can visit you. You can collect stuff, build and buy furniture, buy clothes.. The microtransactions aren't necessary as far as I can tell, they're there for those who are too impatient to play Animal Crossing.

Anyway, it's of no use to me, but it does get me craving for an actual Animal Crossing game.

At least it's not AS abusive as we all feared it would be...

Looks ok.  Like an alternative take on Happy Home Designer, but with a stamina timer on the things you craft (that you can speed up with real life money).

Edited by Dcubed

Looks like the amiibo update to New Leaf was hinting at some of the stuff in the mobile version then, wonder if this is doing the same for the Switch game? :cheeky: If so, those fishing nets definitely need to stay.

Anyway, think this looks pretty good. Reckon it’s going to make some serious “leaf tickets” for Nintendo too. :heh:

I'm surprised by the tepid reaction, I was actually very impressed with it. It's a lot more fully featured than I thought, to the point where I'm worried it'll eat into the novelty of any Switch game.

Great presentation too.

Sign in to follow this