NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

The End For Neogaf?

20 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah I managed to get in during the verified registration blocks last night. Forum seems good so far.

Where was the heads up, dude? :(  EDIT: Never mind. Jimbob has explained it. 

Saying that, i'm not sure if i'll sign up. I was a member of Gaf for years but hardly posted. It was too hard to get a decent conversation going on there due to the sheer amount of people talking at the same time.

5 minutes ago, bob said:

I can't work out how to sign up there, only log in?

They stopped the registration process and will be doing it in waves.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

2 minutes ago, bob said:

It's an invite only sign-up at the moment, there are a few terms to get an invite.  One of them is you are not banned at the Gaf (basically, so they can confirm you as former Gaf) and/or you are part of the Discord group (verified that way).  That way, you get an invite to sign up

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bob said:

Registration works in waves, you'll have to keep your ear to the ground, keep checking and be patient.

Anybody got any ideas regarding getting an email address I can use? I have no idea what they're looking for, to be quite honest.

Oh. Bugger that then. I was only trying to get in early and bag the best username.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Where was the heads up, dude? :(  EDIT: Never mind. Jimbob has explained it.

Yeah sorry, I went the Discord route which had a lot of hoops to jump through.

I've never bothered with Discord and now feel very out of the loop.

Gaf is on fire right now, people are openly being offensive and threads discussing anything are quickly locked with people showing displeasure at the situation being banned.

I'm not one to shitpost for a permaban on Gaf so I might just stop posting and let my account die.

Still it was nice to have a PM from Excelsiorlef after saying I'd miss them and others.

I'll be patiently awaiting a way into ResetEra, might even not use Agent Gibbs and go with my preferred user name of ChrisP8Three

4 minutes ago, Agent Gibbs said:

I've never bothered with Discord and now feel very out of the loop.

Gaf is on fire right now, people are openly being offensive and threads discussing anything are quickly locked with people showing displeasure at the situation being banned.

I'm not one to shitpost for a permaban on Gaf so I might just stop posting and let my account die.

Still it was nice to have a PM from Excelsiorlef after saying I'd miss them and others.

I'll be patiently awaiting a way into ResetEra, might even not use Agent Gibbs and go with my preferred user name of ChrisP8Three

The place seems to be done at this point. Most of the gaming news is happening over on ResetEra and the layout is pretty much the same as Gaf. Once it it opens the doors to everyone who wants to join I can't see Gaf lasting very long.

Looks like ResetEra are opening registrations in blocks to avoid people flooding in. The discord channel I use is planning on letting people know when it opens again so if I see it I'll post it here. Same as NeoGaf as well you have to have a non-free email address to register with. Thankfully they didnt require that last night for us verified folk :p

• Thanks 2

I'm on one Gaf Discord..........however it's one of the very quiet ones, so any chances i have of getting onto ResetERA until it opens to all are slim.  I am lurking on Reset as an outsider, so i'll keep my ear to the floor.  I saw it was open last night, but thought nothing of it (should have signed up when i saw it).  Ah well, i'll keep an eye out.

Edited by Jimbob

One potentially big positive of this change - N-E is probably not banned as a news site on ResetEra!

I've just seen their review thread of Odyssey is 18 pages, GAFs is three. Someone post the N-E one there if you're registered!

I was a gaf member and occasionally posted but wasn't part of any particular "community" so never joined a Discord so am not over there yet. Hopefully won't be long until we can register.

2 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

One potentially big positive of this change - N-E is probably not banned as a news site on ResetEra!

I've just seen their review thread of Odyssey is 18 pages, GAFs is three. Someone post the N-E one there if you're registered!

The score N-E gave would probably get us banned all over again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Only thing so far is that ResetERA is blocked on the works internet, however the Gaf isn't.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Anyone know how to sign up on ResetEra?

They sign you up. It's Invite only at the moment, as far as I can tell.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

They sign you up. It's Invite only at the moment, as far as I can tell.

I can confirm that.  It asks for a secret code, which i'm guessing is provided by invite.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, guess I'll wait till they open it up.

That said, the immaturity on show from people leaving gaf is pretty breathtaking.

Should only be a few days before general registration is open, that's according to a post i've seen about 5 minutes ago

• Thanks 1

The sign up option is now there but you need to answer a question  which doesn't actually appear. Maybe it's for those who are using the Discord route or something?

Judging by the speed things are moving and updating on ResetEra, I think it's safe to say GAF is probably dead. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The sign up option is now there but you need to answer a question  which doesn't actually appear. Maybe it's for those who are using the Discord route or something?

It's a code given out on Discord, they tried opening up for a short while before it got hammered by GG.  At the moment, it's invite only via a code.

Edit: I'm signed up to ERA, got myself a code

Edited by Jimbob
update
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr-Paul said:

I was a gaf member and occasionally posted but wasn't part of any particular "community" so never joined a Discord so am not over there yet. Hopefully won't be long until we can register.

Done! i'd post a screen shot but i've no idea how to upload now and photobucket is now shit

1 hour ago, Agent Gibbs said:

Done! i'd post a screen shot but i've no idea how to upload now and photobucket is now shit

I upload via Imgur usually. And (on mobile) the red insert other media button is how I post an image. 

ResetEra eh?

If this place dies then surely there'll just be another place catering to hardcore gamers. Feels like when they banned certain torrent sites...more just popped up to take their place.

This guy. This fricking guy.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Thanks guys, guess I'll wait till they open it up.

There's a post on their forums saying that the open registration will be starting in the next 24 hours. You'll still need a paid email address but you won't need a discord invite.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There's a post on their forums saying that the open registration will be starting in the next 24 hours. You'll still need a paid email address but you won't need a discord invite.

I was lucky, i managed to use a non-paid email address to get on.

Sign in to follow this