NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Helmsly

Nintendo Switch Update Ver. 4.0.0 ( adds Video capture, transfer save data, new profile pics)

Apparently it also adds support for Wireless USB headsets such as the Playstation headset:

• Thanks 2

I also noticed that in the friend's list play times are now broken up into one hour increments for the first 10 hours and then in increments of five like before. 

Baby steps are better than no steps, I suppose.

It's nice to see some improvements coming.  Am I correct in believing that this is the first to add something 'substantial' since the console launch or have I forgotten something?

The one feature I really want is to be able to log in as a user rather than have to confirm I'm still me every time I try and open new software.  But its minor.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

It's nice to see some improvements coming.  Am I correct in believing that this is the first to add something 'substantial' since the console launch or have I forgotten something?

The one feature I really want is to be able to log in as a user rather than have to confirm I'm still me every time I try and open new software.  But its minor.

Isn't that option already there? System settings > User > Skip Selection Screen?

Edited by Vileplume2000

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Apparently it also adds support for Wireless USB headsets such as the Playstation headset:

This is good news!

Confirmed here:

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's very easy to do and the quality isn't bad. Just in time for The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air shenanigans tonight. :D 

I know, creepy right?

Except it's not for me. I already know I'm being spied on.

3 hours ago, Sheikah said:

This is actually really disappointing...just 30 seconds of video capture and you have to manually trigger it, so no capturing anything neat that already happened. No cloud saves which is what is really needed, just a save transfer option which has niche applications. If this is a main numbered update I hate to think what the lesser updates will be like!

Actually it does record in the background.  What the capture button does is that it saves the LAST 30 seconds of your play when you press it, not the 30 seconds AFTER you press it.

According to some random dude on GAF, 30 seconds is the max that the NVidia Tegra X1 chip supports with Shadowplay background recording.  Naturally I’m inclined to believe him without question, so that probably explains the limitation :heh:

Edit: Ahh, I’ve been beaten I see...

Edit 2: Wha!? BT USB headsets work now!? Awesome! :D 

Edited by Dcubed

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

According to some random dude on GAF, 30 seconds is the max that the NVidia Tegra X1 chip supports with Shadowplay background recording.  Naturally I’m inclined to believe him without question, so that probably explains the limitation :heh:

Sounds pretty plausible.

46 minutes ago, Kav said:

This is good news!

Confirmed here:

This is only BT headsets that are connected through USB/The dock, right? Not any Bluetooth headset? Because I always have a BT headset with me, and it's such a chore to bring the cable along just to get some audio.

9 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

This is only BT headsets that are connected through USB/The dock, right? Not any Bluetooth headset? Because I always have a BT headset with me, and it's such a chore to bring the cable along just to get some audio.

Yes, only through the dock or directly to the Switch with USB C (so you probably need a USB C > USB A adapter).

I get static/electrical hum when using headphones so hopefully using a wireless headset will get rid of that.

Any one test using a BT headset, I was wondering if there was any lag? Also some suggestions for headsets?

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nintendo prepping for the GameCube VC games, right? RIGHT?

Don't plant the seed!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's what you want, what I want, what everyone wants; but we all know it's prep for Smash Bros

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm so ready :hug:

Playing Mario Kart 8 with the gamecube controller just feels so right! It's a shame the rumble doesn't work because it's probably not officially supported. Still beats sharing joycons for multiplayer over a mile though!

Does this only work with wired controllers or something? I couldn’t get my Wavebirds working on Switch this morning (didn’t have time to try a wired controller).

Before anyone asks, yes, I have an official GCN adapter and yes it’s definitely working.  I tested it with my Wii U and it’s working just fine.  Yes I tried it on the controller connection/Order screen.

Edit:

Never mind... NWR got it working (they even got it working in portable mode with a USB C adapter!), so I must be doing something stupid...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

@Dcubed it seems that the "Search for Controllers" option once you've got all the pads connected you want to use, is what you need. :D

Check this out...

29wlmig.jpg

esrl7q.jpg

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play some 2D titles with my beloved Hori GameCube controller.

:peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like there is another system update already, 4.0.01, which is just a standard stability update.

Improvements Included in Version 4.0.1 (Distributed 10/25/2017)

• General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
    • Changed the HDMI connection process specification to match that of version 3.0.2 to address video and sound output issues with some TV models.

Looks like there is another system update already, 4.0.01, which is just a standard stability update.

Improvements Included in Version 4.0.1 (Distributed 10/25/2017)

• General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
    • Changed the HDMI connection process specification to match that of version 3.0.2 to address video and sound output issues with some TV models.
I wonder if this fixes the crackling sound on Stardew Valley.

On 10/24/2017 at 6:56 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Don't be stupid, think about what game they made the GC adapter for in the first place...

I'm ready to campaign Dillon for that game and be disappointed all over again!

48 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Don't be stupid, think about what game they made the GC adapter for in the first place...

I'm ready to campaign Dillon for that game and be disappointed all over again!

Wait, those adaptors were available for sale?  I thought they were given to the winners of each year's Hunger Games and that explains why there was so few made.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Ashley said:

Wait, those adaptors were available for sale?  I thought they were given to the winners of each year's Hunger Games and that explains why there was so few made.

Same thing, right? @Dcubed killed a dude for one. Totally worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this