NEurope
Rob3008

Switch Gaming Bargains Thread

I saw that deal yesterday and bought it. No idea when I will play it though.

Amazon, are selling the digital version of Mario Odyssey for £42.99, same as the physical if anyone wanted to go that route. Plus £2 discount with Prime.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2017 at 7:21 PM, Ike said:

Amazon, are selling the digital version of Mario Odyssey for £42.99, same as the physical if anyone wanted to go that route. Plus £2 discount with Prime.

Great to see! I was getting really frustrated with the lack of discounts available on digital retail games now that GAME have stopped doing discounts on them.  Hopefully this is the start of a trend from Amazon!

Edited by Dcubed

22 minutes ago, Rob3008 said:

LEGO City Undercover for £24.99 at Smyths

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/lego-city-undercover-nintendo-switch/p/157907?ranMID=37783&ranEAID=svunC25memk&ranSiteID=svunC25memk-ZklVJKo7K_x5dLYOSXyfSQ

The Game Collection had Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle yesterday for £29.95, raging I didn't pick it up now.

They had Super Mario Maker for 3DS for £19.95 too.. and I kinda wish I had went for it.

It's out of stock now :hmm:

On 10/21/2017 at 12:22 PM, nekunando said:

They had Super Mario Maker for 3DS for £19.95 too.. and I kinda wish I had went for it.

It's out of stock now :hmm:

It's back in stock. https://www.thegamecollection.net/super-mario-maker-3ds-3ds/

The Game Collection also has Pokken for £35, not an amazing price but pretty good for a new-ish game.

LEGO City Undercover for that price is pretty tempting...

• Thanks 1

Posted this in the Mario thread already but does anyone know of any store selling the digital copy under £40 (Amazon.fr's price... our amazon.uk account and payment methods work there too and it's probably even cheaper if you have prime, I'd imagine)? That's the price to beat at the moment as far as I am aware.

8 hours ago, Oxigen_Waste said:

Posted this in the Mario thread already but does anyone know of any store selling the digital copy under £40 (Amazon.fr's price... our amazon.uk account and payment methods work there too and it's probably even cheaper if you have prime, I'd imagine)? That's the price to beat at the moment as far as I am aware.

It's £41.99 on Amazon UK with £2 Prime discount as well. Doubt you'll find any where cheaper.

Apparently these are the discounts for the Halloween sale.

Shovel Knight -20%
Shovel Knight Specter of Torment -20%
Thimbleweed Park -15%
The Binding of Isaac -10%
Axiom Verge -10%
Severed -20%
GoNNER -15%
Disgaea 5 -16%
Snake Pass -50%
Cave Story -10%
Phantom Trigger -50%
Bulb Boy -30%
Lichtspeer -20%
Dark Witch Music blah blah -10%
The Bridge -25%
Butcher -20%
Vaccine -30%
Don't Knock Twice -20%
Astro Bears Party -20%

Nothing big as expected. Picked up Snake Pass though, good discount and it was already on my wishlist.

Just now, Vileplume2000 said:

Nothing big as expected. Picked up Snake Pass though, good discount and it was already on my wishlist.

Yeah, i'm also thinking of finally jumping in for that price.

I personally wouldn't recommend Snake Pass. The visuals on Switch aren't good at all, it looks like the screen has vaseline smeared over it. The game lacks a fair bit of polish and the gameplay was too frustrating for me, gave up after 3 or 4 levels.

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I personally wouldn't recommend Snake Pass. The visuals on Switch aren't good at all, it looks like the screen has vaseline smeared over it. The game lacks a fair bit of polish and the gameplay was too frustrating for me, gave up after 3 or 4 levels.

Is that for both docked and undocked? I usually play most my Switch games undocked.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Is that for both docked and undocked? I usually play most my Switch games undocked.

I only played it docked, so couldn't say

I'm surprised they're doing a sale at all, from all reports eshop games are selling very well at full price

Edited by Ronnie

May give Shovel Knight another go at that price.

however odyssey is casting a lovely shadow over everything now!

I’m with Ronnie, I hated snake pass.  Infuriating game, awful to control. People are like - it’s hard because moving like a snake is hard - NOT FOR SNAKES IT ISNT. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dazzybee said:

I’m with Ronnie, I hated snake pass.  Infuriating game, awful to control. People are like - it’s hard because moving like a snake is hard - NOT FOR SNAKES IT ISNT. 

Only game I've deleted off my Switch. Felt like a cheap iOS game, with the icon to match

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is currently on sale in the eShop, reduced from £17.99 to £12.59.

• Like 1