NEurope
Rob3008

Switch Gaming Bargains Thread

Anyone pre-ordered from Grainger Games before? Wondering when they charge you as they have some pretty good prices.

I pre-ordered an SNES classic with them and they took the payment immediately. I can't remember whether it arrived early or not but it was definitely delivered on release date at the very latest. I didn't run into any issues other than their website being really slow but that was a unique situation because the demand for SNES classics was so rabid.

• Thanks 1

For those interested, FIFA on the Switch is currently £22.99 on Amazon.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha.. almost tempted to buy it again. I traded it in for £32 just over a week ago :grin:

Thx, I've justntold my nephew to order it for me.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Raking up an old thread, but as I'm a fairly new Switch owner I'm in the market for deals on the back catalogue. Argos has LA Noire for £17.99 at the moment, which seems a good price. I've seen it for much more elsewhere (including in the eShop) and as I already played it on PS3 I wasn't prepared to pay above £20 for it. Should be good for a second play through at that price though. They are selling Lego City Undercover £20 too. I never completed it on WiiU so I might be up for a second go at that as well.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7594313

As expected, Starlink has already had a hefty discount. It is now a much more reasonable £45 at GAME and Amazon. I just ordered a copy.

• Like 1

I see Starlink has dropped even further to £38 over on TheGameCollection.

Diablo 3 is currently £27.99 on Amazon. Cracking price for a game that has just been released. 

Argos are selling Mario & Rabbids Gold Edition for £25. That's a great price as it includes all the DLC which is around £18 on its own.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I see Starlink has dropped even further to £38 over on TheGameCollection.

Diablo 3 is currently £27.99 on Amazon. Cracking price for a game that has just been released. 

Argos are selling Mario & Rabbids Gold Edition for £25. That's a great price as it includes all the DLC which is around £18 on its own.

Thanks for the heads up on Starlink!

Bought! 

It’s going away for Christmas! 

Dark Souls is £19.85 over at Simply Games.

They also have The World Ends With You for £25.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

On 16/11/2018 at 6:02 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Must have been a flash sale as it's back up to £41.99 now. Shame as I'm in the market for this but not at full price. Not that I need any more games at the moment as I'm playing about 5 right now and have Civ VI arriving today.

5 minutes ago, gekko said:

Must have been a flash sale as it's back up to £41.99 now. Shame as I'm in the market for this but not at full price. Not that I need any more games at the moment as I'm playing about 5 right now and have Civ VI arriving today.

Yeah, it only lasted a couple of hours.

There are currently some pretty decent deals on micro SD cards over at Amazon, I may have to finally upgrade to 200 GB. :hehe:

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

There are currently some pretty decent deals on micro SD cards over at Amazon, I may have to finally upgrade to 200 GB. :hehe:

I ordered a 400GB microSD last week for £82.99 :smile:

I've had 128GB pretty much since launch but it's now full and I knew 200GB wouldn't last me for the duration of the system.

I hate paying that much knowing that I could purchase a few games instead but where would I store them, eh..?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 19/11/2018 at 3:44 PM, nekunando said:

I ordered a 400GB microSD last week for £82.99 :smile:

I've had 128GB pretty much since launch but it's now full and I knew 200GB wouldn't last me for the duration of the system.

I hate paying that much knowing that I could purchase a few games instead but where would I store them, eh..?

I upgraded to 400GB as well. Surprised by how much space I had used.

y4mKSpYyQi7fqS6pjzSUbcO5CnM2WJEbAtxX-IMy

Super Bomberman R on Switch is £25 at Shopto. https://www.shopto.net/nintendo/switch/SWSU01-super-bomberman-r

@Aneres11 I know you like tennis games but I would avoid Tennis World Tour. Apparently it's an absolute broken mess of a game and only half finished. This goes for all the console versions.

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Aneres11 I know you like tennis games but I would avoid Tennis World Tour. Apparently it's an absolute broken mess of a game and only half finished. This goes for all the console versions.

Yeah I’d read the same. I was half tempted at a tenner but think I’ll give it a miss! Thanks! 

Starlink is now only £18/€20 at Smyths and I'm very tempted. Has a game ever had such a price crash before? Ubisoft must have lost a small fortune on it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1