NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Need for Speed Payback

Seems to be taking a lot from the Forza Horizon games (not necessarily a bad thing!). I remember liking the Fast & Furious looking scenarios we were shown at E3 so I'll probably be getting the game when it launches.

• Like 1

Well this is unexpected, Forza Horizon 4 before it's even officially out and much earlier than anticipated. :p

Perhaps it would be wise for Turn 10 to just go straight to Forza Horizon 5. ::shrug:

Seriously though, this is real uncanny valley territory... the game looks almost exactly like the series it's clearly trying to emulate...

...except it's being made by ex-Criterion staff so I expect the physics to be even better than those found in any Turn 10 title. ;) (oh burn!)

But credit where it is due on both sides, I love the Horizon series and I love some of the new Burnout/Need For Speed games so I'm liking the look of this one. :)

I think the difference at least is that it still seems to have its Need for Speed aspects in it as well which makes me feel better about the obvious "inspirations" taken lol.

Lets face it though, at this point I just want a Fast & Furious game!

Oh for fuck's sake. I was watching the trailer thinking "I quite like this song. I hope it's not that wanker Kanye West". Turns out it was Jayden Smith. I can't fucking win.

Also, the game has a Goddamned Volvo Amazon in it. Good stuff.

1963%20122S.jpg

Edited by Goafer

Sign in to follow this