NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Your End Of Year Switch/3DS Games

18 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, it is. But it's not as bad as people make out. It runs fine in battles which is the important part.

*adds to the ever growing list of Switch games*

I've had a look at what i've got preordered and games that I still need to pick up. This is how it looks for retail games.

• FIFA 18
  • Mario Odyssey
  • SNES Classic Mini
  • Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Sonic Forces
  • Dragonball Xenoverse 2
  • Pokken 
  • Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
  • Gunvolt Collection
  • Kirby Battle Royale

Not a huge list but when you start adding things from my backlog, recent eShop purchases and what's coming to the eShop, things get a little out of hand.

Off the top of my head, my Nintendo backlog from this year looks something like this.

• Dragon Quest VIII - Not started
  • Pokemon Silver - Just started this
  • River City Knights of Justice - Just bought as it was on sale
  • Steamworld Dig 2 - Finished but want to do a 100% run ( stuck due to glitch )
  • Mighty Gunvolt Burst - Finished but want to try and 100% it
  • Ever Oasis - Played for around 5 hours but got distracted by PS4 games
  • Fire Emblem Echoes - Played for a couple of hours and got distracted by PS4 games
  • Sonic Mania - Would like to do another playthrough of the game
  • Thimbleweed Park - Currently dipping in and out of this
  • Master Blaster Zero - Need to finish playing through it with another 2 characters
  • Splatoon 2 - Keep jumping on this for Splatfests and the odd match

On the Switch eShop there are then these games coming before the end of the year that I would like.

• Golf Story ( out today )
  • Stardew Valley
  • Wulverblade
  • Dragon Marked For Death
  • Earth Atlantis
  • Axiom Verge ( probably get the retail version of this )
  • Nine Parchments
  • Yono

For a couple of generations Nintendo really struggled to get games on their platform and fix the gaming droughts that constantly occurred. Iwata said many times, across different generations, that they had learnt their lesson and they would be no droughts but it kept happening time and time again. Like most gamers, I loved Iwata and had nothing but respect for the man, but he was never able to solve the drought problem. Kimishima seems to have handled it really well with the Switch and has managed to get a lot of developers on board, as well as spacing out the releases for games. One could argue that Iwata would have had the same success had he still been around for the Switch launch, but I can't help but wonder if it's Kimishima's more business style approach, and experience working in the West, that has helped in solving the drought issue. 

• Like 1

It's an interesting debate because the console itself is, to me, very much Iwata's and has his finger prints all over it, and it's a brilliant concept.

However, agreed, his past track record with games and droughts is patchy at best, so clearly Kimishima or those around him have really got a grip on the Switch game situation; it seems like every day there is a new title announced be it Indie or big hitter, I don't believe the phrase "so many games" has applied to just a Nintendo console in quite some time!!

The only dead cert for me at the moment is Super Mario Odyssey.

Although there are quite a few (actually loads) of Switch eShop games on my to-buy list, oh and I'll be checking out the Zelda DLC too. :hehe:

• Like 2

Only retail 3DS game this year is Pokemon Ultra Sun for me.  All other games are on the PS4.

On 9/25/2017 at 8:31 PM, markderoos said:

I'm making my back log an even bigger problem than it already is; FIFA, Oddysey, SNES Classic, Pokemon Ultra Moon I've already preordered. Steamworld Dig 2, Pokemon Gold & Silver, Metroid and Splatoon 2 are still unopened/to be started.

And that's only from the top of my mind...

I forgot Lady Layton, damnit..

Sign in to follow this