NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Your End Of Year Switch/3DS Games

As the end of the year approaches, the 3DS and Switch lineup of games show no signs of slowing down. Over the last couple of weeks we’ve had Monster Hunter Stories, Samus Returns, Thimbleweed Park, Steamworld Dig 2, Pokemon Gold/Silver, Pokken Tournament and Dragonball Xenoverse 2 all being released. Soon we will have games like Golf Story, FIFA 18, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon, to name a few.

So, how does the end of year look for the N-E gamers who own the 3DS, Switch or both? What games will be keeping you busy during the Autumn/Winter period? Are there any games you are wanting to catch up on that you missed during the first part of the year? How about any that you will be holding off buying until next year ? Will the rest of the year be devoted to playing through all the classics on the SNES Mini?

Edited by Hero-of-Time

September and October are packed for me. Just finished Samus Returns, picked up Pokemon Gold & Silver when they came out.

Xenoverse 2 arrived on Friday, Dragon Quest X for the Switch came out last week so been considering playing that again.

Next month planning on picking up Mario & Luigi, Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario. I feel like FE:W may be sat in my Switch for a very long time.

I want Lady Layton but there's too much on my backlog at the moment. I still need to pickup Hey! Pikmin and Miitopia.

Will probably ask for Xenoblade for Christmas.

I noticed you playing DB over the weekend. How does it run on the Switch? I've heard it's a bit rough in places, namely the lobby area, but runs fine elsewhere.

I thought my 3DS library was finished last year but then Hey! Pikmin and Metroid: Samus Returns came along and breathed new life into the system. Barring some late surprises, I don't think I'll be purchasing anything else on 3DS!

As for Switch, FIFA 18 is out this week and Super Mario Odyssey next month feels destined to become one of my favourite games ever. It looks special :yay:

Those two games will be plenty while I still catch up on the games I already own.

It took me a little while to be as impressed with the year as everyone else seems to be but the Switch is smashing it!

2017, man.. :grin:

I might save Mario Odyssey for a little later in the year, I like to play Mario games around Christmas time.

So there's that + Zelda DLC, and Rayman Legends + will likely pick up LA Noire. eShop wise, there's easily twenty games I'd like to play this year including Steamworld, Cave Story, Sonic Mania, Binding of Isaac, Thimbleweed, Golf Story, Axiom Verge, Rime, Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, Celeste, Owlboy, the Sexy Brutale etc etc

Crazy amount of (great) games on Switch so far.

Zelda BotW DLC

Mario Odyssey

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Doom

Yooka-Laylee

Rime

Edited by Kav

There's simply too much for me to keep up with! At the rate I'm going, I think that Mario + Rabbids, Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia, Ever Oasis, Steamworld Dig 2, Golf Story, Xenoblade 2 and maybe even Mario Odyssey (it's looking to be a pretty long game and Pokemon US/UM will suck up a huge chunk of that November time; especially since I skipped S/M...) will end up getting pushed to 2018 for me.

Just a Switch owner now; still only on world 2 or Mario and Rabbids so I'm ploughing away on that which I'm more than happy with, likely to pick up FIFA on Friday and then Mario Odyssey on launch, apart from that it'll be eshop titles such as Golf Story, Stardew etc. Oh and there's Skyrim...well something will have to give because I don't want to get into huge backlogs, suffice to say there is plenty to keep me entertained for the foreseeable!

Starfox 2

Zelda BotW DLC

Super Mario Odyssey

Sonic Forces

Rocket League

Pokémon Ultra Sun

Pokémon Ultra Moon

Lady Layton probably at Christmas, but what with house stuff, I imagine I'll have boring functional presents this year

Unsure about Xenoblade though. I only got into Xenoblade Chronicles due to its sci-fi leaning.

Edited by Serebii

Far too many games. Not enough time and money. That's how my Q4 2017 looks.

I'm mostly interested in Odyseey and a huge nunber of e-shop titles. Xenoblade. I'll double dip on Skyrim. Maybe Doom. Definitely FE:Warriors. Maybe LA Noire as I've never played it. FIFA I'll probably skip as a played 2017 on the Xbox One recently and it pales in comparison to PES from a gameplay standpoint, which I already have on Steam plus the Master League is all I ever need.  

I'll definitely buy Super Mario Odyssey and probably also RiME which should occupy me for the rest of the year on Switch to some extend. Then there are indies like Hollow Knight and such that I'll probably be doing reviews of. The Zelda DLC will also help fill out my time.

I don't think I'll buy any new games on 3DS.

It's generally been a terribly busy year game wise!

I wanna focus on getting the big games, as well as short and sweet games that will be enjoyable on my daily commute. I think my end of year-line up looks something like this:

Switch
Super Mario Odyssey!
Golf Story
Rime
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes 2 (I love these games :P)
Mario & Rabbids (Still haven't gotten this one)
LA: Noire

Maybe:
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (not really sold on this yet)

3DS
Samus Returns (maybe. I need to see if I bother going back to the 3DS again)

The shocking lack of Steamworld Dig 2 in this thread makes me think people must be playing it at the moment or have already finished it.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The shocking lack of Steamworld Dig 2 in this thread makes me think people must be playing it at the moment or have already finished it.

Maybe people on here just aren't that interested in it.::shrug: I know the original game didn't exactly set this place on fire with positive chatter and lots of discussion. If I recall correctly it was mainly Wii complaining about the price and length of the game. :D 

Wow. I've never been this spoilt for choice. My new regime of only buying a new game when I've finished another is out the window for the end of the year. I already have 5 big preorders.
Super MARIO Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
LA Noire
Skyrim
Doom

There are others I'd like to get like FIFA and WWE 2K17, but will wait and see if time permits (probably not).

And all that doesn't take into account the breadth of the eShop. SteamWorld Dig 2, Stardew Valley, ThimbleWeed Park, Rocket League, Golf Story, Cave Story, Binding of Isaac, Axiom Verge, Rime, etc.

It's on. It's on.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm currently playing Samus Returns, and will definitely get Mario Odyssey. Depending on when I finish them, I'll get either Mario+Rabbids, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or both. If Doom comes out this year I may get it, and I haven't played Skyrim so that's also an option.

I'll probably stick to first/second party titles for now, and hope that at the start of next year I have time for the others. Too many games!

I'm almost done with Samus Returns, after that I've got a couple of other 3DS games to play through, Nintendo Pocket Football Club and Pokémon Silver. Don't think I'll buy any more 3DS games before the end of the year. On the Switch side I've got Plague Of Shadows and Spectre Of Torment to play, Mario + Rabbids, Splatoon 2, Steamworld Dig 2 and Thumper to buy out of the games that have been released. Then I'll be buying Super Mario Odyssey, Thimbleweed Park, Rime, Resident Evil Revelations, Golf Story, Hollow Knight, Owlboy, Stardew Valley and Doom before Xmas (if they all come out). I'm considering getting Skyrim and LA Noire at launch but might wait a bit because there doesn't seem any way I'll be able to play them. Also going to get Xenoblade 2 if I enjoy the first game (got that digitally to play on Wii U) and I'm definitely getting FIFA but waiting until Xmas for that one. 

So that's 18 games I'll definitely be playing before the end of the year just on Switch and 3DS. Add in to that the SNES classic and PS4 then i've got a very busy rest of the year ahead.

Edited by killthenet

Haven’t even started Samus Returns yet. Still playing through rabbids and just bought thimbleweed Park and Steamworld dig 2, and with thumper 25% off I’m tempted to double dip... as for games left this year. 

September

Fifa Sept 28th

October

Axiom Verge Oct 17th

WWE2K18 Oct 17th

Fire Emblem Warriors Oct 20th

Mario odyssey  Oct 28th

Golf story

November 

Resident evil 28th November 

LA Noir 14th November

Doom

The Escapists 2

Stardew Valley

Rocket League

Shakedown Hawaii

Hollow Knight

Worms

Binnee off getting battlefront 2 but I’ll probably bottle that. 

Switch eShop is so packed I honestly can't remember everything I want, but I'm very interested in Sine Mora EX, Axiom Verge and Tiny Barbarian DX.  In terms of retail I'm getting Super Mario Odyssey and maybe Skyrim.

On 3DS eShop I want to pick up the discounted River City: Tokyo Rumble and River City: Knights Of Justice.  For retail, I'm not quite done with Metroid: Samus Returns yet, but the main game for me is Etrian Odyssey V.  The demo was brilliant, so I can't wait to get my teeth into that one.

I still haven't decided if I'll buy a Switch yet, but if I do, I'll probably get Mario Odyssey.

Maybe Stardew Valley as well, if it isn't hugely more expensive than the PS4 version.

I'm making my back log an even bigger problem than it already is; FIFA, Oddysey, SNES Classic, Pokemon Ultra Moon I've already preordered. Steamworld Dig 2, Pokemon Gold & Silver, Metroid and Splatoon 2 are still unopened/to be started.

And that's only from the top of my mind...

Yeah so I intended to post a big list, but this list got too big and I can't be arsed. I'm going to watch Star Trek instead.

I was thinking of doing a similar thread at the end of the year though. A Switch 2017 year in review kind of thread.

Edit:

3 hours ago, killthenet said:

[..] and Thumper to buy out of the games that have been released.[..]

25% off right now.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I noticed you playing DB over the weekend. How does it run on the Switch? I've heard it's a bit rough in places, namely the lobby area, but runs fine elsewhere.

Yeah, it is. But it's not as bad as people make out. It runs fine in battles which is the important part.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this