NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
kingbg

How next gen Pokémon games should look?

Nah. I want the 2006 next-gen treatment. I want it gritty and grey. Pikachu wearing an eyepatch, Geodude missing an arm. The protagonist is allowed to use a slingshot on enemies while hiding behind cover. 

• Like 1

Pokkén adds fur to everything. Decidueye shouldn't have fur, it has feathers. Darkrai shouldn't have fur.

2 hours ago, Serebii said:

Pokkén adds fur to everything. Decidueye shouldn't have fur, it has feathers. Darkrai shouldn't have fur.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks so. For every good model Pokken has, there's about 4 that look off or have details wrong.

Anyway, anyone who expects Pokken style models is being completely unrealistic. You expect a big RPG like Pokemon to have over 800 models like that!? You're positively barmy if you're expecting that.

The Pokemon models are completely fine as is. Or do I have to get that Machamp picture Serebii and I throw out whenever someone brings up that subject again.

• Like 1

I think Pokémon keeping the anime/artwork style rather than going for an air of realism as seen in Pokkén is for the best

I'd actually like to see the next Pokemon go for an aesthetic similar to the 3DS Ace Attorney games, or Guilty Gear Xrd.  The 3DS Pokemon games' visuals attempted to simulate the look of 2D sprites in 3D (lack of texture filtering and all), so it's not a far fetched request either!

Imagine a Pokemon game with visuals like this... (bear in mind that this was done on the 3DS even!)

latest?cb=20140728231711

2f2.gif

Or this... (Done on PS3)

393b1370d40c66645c8359e8e6d63cee636f0a9e

tenor.gif

Switch is much more capable than either of the machines that powered these games.  I don't think it's impossible for Game Freak to shoot for something like this (with some outside help).  They could probably do it with just tweaks to the current models as well; they'd need to change the way they render and animate them of course, but the models themselves should be largely reusable I reckon.  It would look amazing and could capture the look of the artwork/anime perfectly!

3 hours ago, Serebii said:

It did get Charizard right...

7.jpg

He should always have pecs.  ALWAYS! (it's too funny to not have!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Considering the pecs are the muscles that power wings and flight, he would have to be stacked in that area to get off the ground at all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

I'd actually like to see the next Pokemon go for an aesthetic similar to the 3DS Ace Attorney games, or Guilty Gear Xrd.  The 3DS Pokemon games' visuals attempted to simulate the look of 2D sprites in 3D (lack of texture filtering and all), so it's not a far fetched request either!

2f2.gif

393b1370d40c66645c8359e8e6d63cee636f0a9e

Switch is much more capable than either of the machines that powered these games.  I don't think it's impossible for Game Freak to shoot for something like this (with some outside help).  They could probably do it with just tweaks to the current models as well; they'd need to change the way they render and animate them of course, but the models themselves should be largely reusable I reckon.  It would look amazing and could capture the look of the artwork/anime perfectly!

Yup. I would love something like this. The way GG and Dragonball FighterZ look show just how good 2D type games be on these consoles. It would be fantastic if Pokemon adopted a similar style. Whether Game Freak could get something like this running smoothly is another matter though. :laughing:

On 9/25/2017 at 10:56 AM, bob said:

Considering the pecs are the muscles that power wings and flight, he would have to be stacked in that area to get off the ground at all.

Don't go bringing real world physics into Pokemon. That's a road you do not want to go down.

Don't go bringing real world physics into Pokemon. That's a road you do not want to go down.
But if Pidgeot can fly at Mach 2, how does it stop its chest cavity from exploding under the extreme pressure difference?
  • Haha 2

Sign in to follow this