NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Steamworld Dig 2

I didn't see a thread for this yet. I don't want to make a big post about it at this point, I haven't played too much of it so far, but I'm loving it. I love the style, the ambient music, and there are loads of secrets too find, and skills to upgrade. I love the challenges in the caves. They all have some basic challenge which rewards you with an upgrade cog, but there's usually more stuff hidden there that's harder to get. Controls are great too (well, if it weren't for the crappy D-pad, I really have to contact support soon), I love travelling wih the hookshot. I do think I'd have liked to see more bosses in it, and there are loads of references to past events which I don't get (I assume there are references to the first game and the other game perhaps).

I highly recommend this even after a few hours of play.

I'm looking forward to playing the game.

I had a choice between this and Thimbleweed Park and I went with the latter due to me currently playing Samus Returns. I figured I best finish that Metroid game before trying to take on another game of the same style.

Can't wait to start this, but want to finish Mario + Rabbids first. Glad to hear first impressions are good.

Visuals certainly look good from the trailer at least.

Edited by Ronnie

Same as you guys, own this Metroid and thimbleweed park and haven't touched either. Just finishing off Portal 2 so I can sell my ps3 and Rabbids. Can't wait though!!

With Metroid done and dusted, I went and snapped this up yesterday. I downloaded it as soon as I got in from work & the gym and sat and played it pretty much non stop from 5pm- 9pm.

DKl__2fUEAAhiz4.jpg

DKmAVCyUIAAKkeu.jpgDKmAd3kVoAAp4Q5.jpg

DKmA-5HVAAAPSZu.jpg

DKmA2K9V4AA8xYf.jpg

The game has been great so far. I love the feeling of progression in the game, not just in terms of the depths you dig but how you decide to level up your character. At the moment I have been concentrating on increasing the amount of stuff I can carry and the damage my pickaxe does. Outside of a couple of silly deaths, my HP levels haven't really been an issue so I have only upgraded it the once. 

I'm looking forward to putting some more time into this later this evening.

• Thanks 1

This game is looking absolutely great.  Those screenshots are adorable.  Can't wait to get this.  Brian Altano from the IGN NVC podcast says this is better than Metroid: Samus Returns on the 3DS.  If it's half as good as the first one it'll be well worth it.

Will get the PS4/PSVita version next month.

Haven't played the first one, though. Maybe I'll give it a go.

38 minutes ago, londragon said:

This game is looking absolutely great.  Those screenshots are adorable.  Can't wait to get this.  Brian Altano from the IGN NVC podcast says this is better than Metroid: Samus Returns on the 3DS.  If it's half as good as the first one it'll be well worth it.

Yeah, I read the title of this weeks episode but have yet to reach the point where they delve into it. I don't think i'm far off the discussion. I've just reached the point where him and Peer are saying that they are constantly playing the thing. :D 

13 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Will get the PS4/PSVita version next month.

Haven't played the first one, though. Maybe I'll give it a go.

You should have the first one from PS+. right?

I enjoyed the first game but it didn't exactly leave me thinking it was amazing game. I think it was good but not worth a lot of the hype it got. This one seems to have far more substance to it. One of the platforming sections I done last night was great. It required me to do a section without touching a button, of which they were many scattered around. Good platforming sections like this is what was missing from the first game.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You should have the first one from PS+. right?

Yeah, but I think I bought it before on a sale for a few bucks :D

I enjoyed the first game but it didn't exactly leave me thinking it was amazing game. I think it was good but not worth a lot of the hype it got. This one seems to have far more substance to it. One of the platforming sections I done last night was great. It required me to do a section without touching a button, of which they were many scattered around. Good platforming sections like this is what was missing from the first game.

I remember starting the first installment and thinking there might not be a lot of substance to it. Good to hear the second one improves on that. I guess I'll just skip the first and go straight to the second.

Should I read up on the story?

I found the first game incredibly dull and tedious. I loved Heist, though. So I'll probably not pick this up - is that a bad decision?

Edited by MindFreak

Just bought this and BulbBoy on Switch. Ended up getting this game purely because of all you guys praising this game. It better deliver! :p

You won't be disappointed!

I bet this looks lovely on the Switch's gorgeous screen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I bet this looks lovely on the Switch's gorgeous screen

It does. I've played it exclusively in handheld mode, so far.

5 hours ago, drahkon said:

Should I read up on the story?

I don't think it matters too much. The game starts with the main character looking for the protagonist of the first game. I don't think it's a game with a complex story. :D 

• Thanks 2

Wtf me too! I was convinced all these posts and impressions I've been reading today were Kav's... :eek: Glad you're enjoying it H-o-T, I'll definitely be picking it up soon.

32 minutes ago, bob said:

I've been mistaking you for@Kav all day.

30 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Wtf me too! I was convinced all these posts and impressions I've been reading today were Kav's... :eek: Glad you're enjoying it H-o-T, I'll definitely be picking it up soon.

22 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Same here, been mistaking HOT for Kav all day too

I change my avatar to something more fitting to a Nintendo site and this happens. Clearly the fact that Hero-of-Time is right next to the avatar means nothing to you people. :p 

• Haha 2

I thought it was against forum rules to have two accounts, someone should really have a word with @Kav and get him to close one down, it's so confusing having two of him around.

Edited by killthenet
  • Like 1

@Hero-of-Time and I are one in the same. He plucked the Master Sword from the pedestal in the Temple of Time and is now me 7yrs in the future!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this