NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Arrowverse TV Shows

So in reality, the only part of these shows to watch is the crossovers? I haven't watched a full crossover since the second or third season of Arrow. When they introduced Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl, it just got too many shows to watch.

I would honestly go back and at least try and watch all the crossover episodes. A lot of the shows have gone down in quality over the years but the crossovers are always a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Arrow will end after season 8 which starts this year. And it will only be 10 episodes rather than the usual 23.

That's really funny. I haven't followed the shows since season 4 of Arrow but may watch this crossover. Sounds interesting. 

Crisis on Infinite Earths starts on Sunday in America. It's looking like it should be an amazing event but we've been screwed over here in the UK because nobody is airing Batwoman so part of the event will just be missing for us. There seem to be rumours going around that because it's a new show it wasnt shopped around to the UK straight away to avoid losing streaming rights once their service launches.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Crisis on Infinite Earths starts on Sunday in America. It's looking like it should be an amazing event but we've been screwed over here in the UK because nobody is airing Batwoman so part of the event will just be missing for us. There seem to be rumours going around that because it's a new show it wasnt shopped around to the UK straight away to avoid losing streaming rights once their service launches.

Well that blows. I was looking forward to it as well. :( 

Even though Supergirl, Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow all are available here, I can't watch it as Arrow and Flash aren't available. It's a shame as I am quite interested in this event having recently (like, three years ago?) read the Crisis on Infinite Earths book.

Another new trailer.

For the love of god give Superman back to Routh and give him more movies! He only has a few words in that trailer and I already have goosebumps.

Spoiler

There were definitely some issues with this episode (the shadow army fights looking crappy and Oliver's meh last stand) but overall I enjoyed it. I'm not as annoyed about Oliver's death as I would usually be because I dont believe for a minute that this is really it for him. Nice to see both versions of Ollie get some time with Sara, I always enjoy their interactions and feel like they get a bit short changed in these crossovers sometimes.

Some good cameos at the beginning, especially Batman 89 and 66.

Can't wait for the next episode and more Supermen. Wish we were getting more than just the expected cameo from Tom Welling but Routh's Superman looks like he should make up for it.

Oh and Mia's Green Arrow costume should have a hood!

Spoiler

I'm glad to see they didn't mess around with keeping Oliver dead for long. Interested to see where they take his story from here but it does feel oddly seperated from the rest of Crisis.

The Smallville scene was about the length I expected. It's a shame we didn't get more but I also thought it was a nice extra finale for Smallville, showing Clark and Lois actually living a proper life (don't think I agree that he'd give up being Superman after he all he went through to become him but that's just me).

Routh's Superman was amazing as expected. He's upped the game a bit from Superman Returns and you can really tell it's the same character, just a bit older and wiser.

Batman! Not what we were all expecting with him being an evil version but it was great hearing that damn voice again.

It did maybe feel like a bit of a filler episode but I'm trying to judge these on a whole so these kind of episodes are necessary to get the proper character development we want.

A new show about Justice Society of America called Stargirl has just been added to my streaming service. Never heard of it. It ties into Legends of Tomorrow? 

Not as far as I know as it’s set on a different Earth. She was seen at the end of Crisis.

• Like 1

I only watch Supergirl, and haven't watched any of the latest season's episodes (7 recorded thus far) until the Batwoman Crisis hour episode hits our screens, the other episodes from relevant series are recorded ready to go.

I've been working through Batwoman and as soon as the Crisis episode is on I'm cutting out. It's just not good.

4 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I've been working through Batwoman and as soon as the Crisis episode is on I'm cutting out. It's just not good.

Well Ruby Rose is leaving the show and being replaced if that was a factor at all.

7 hours ago, Ashley said:

Well Ruby Rose is leaving the show and being replaced if that was a factor at all.

Brandon Routh should take over

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Brandon Routh should take over

Stephanie Beatriz seems to be angling herself and the producers want another queer actor so you never know. 

And I'm assuming she's mostly joking but I wonder if that means they know the 8th season of B99 will be the last. 

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Stephanie Beatriz seems to be angling herself and the producers want another queer actor so you never know. 

And I'm assuming she's mostly joking but I wonder if that means they know the 8th season of B99 will be the last. 

Yeah I saw her tweet. Personally I’d prefer her to stay with B99. Someone did mention though that they might not want to go with someone her age for a show that could potentially go on for years.

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

Well she was quite the wooden actress, but the whole cast is pretty poor. 

They're just not introducing anyone of a) note, b) memorable. Apart from Alice (obviously their female Joker) which they are focusing way too much on, the whole Beth thing could be stretched out over a couple of seasons, however they cant bank the success will last that long so are just dumping it out all at once. All I can remember is Magpie, their Catwoman who wears a white wig so is a clone of Black Cat from Spider-Man.

3 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah I saw her tweet. Personally I’d prefer her to stay with B99. Someone did mention though that they might not want to go with someone her age for a show that could potentially go on for years.

There's only 5 years difference between them.

Although I was surprised to learn SB is 39!

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

There's only 5 years difference between them.

Although I was surprised to learn SB is 39!

Yeah to be honest I’m also surprised to learn Ruby Rose is that old. She looks younger.

I've just noticed that E4 are trying to fuck me over. When reading about when the Batwoman Crisis episode was back in April, article said May, naturally coming to the end of that and no episode forthcoming so checked the article and episode listing to see if I fucked up. Nope, should've been episode 9. Turns out they've skipped it entirely and apparently going to tack it on the end of the season in about 10 weeks time and I'm not having that. Hoisting the Jolly Roger when I get home from work...

• Like 1

Connected shows are a mess when they have distribution rights with different people. 

I only watch Legends of Tomorrow and the crossover episodes now.

Sign in to follow this