NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nicktendo

The N-Europe top 10 Nintendo games of all time.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I figured that was only for voting purposes so as to get a greater range of games

Hmmm... That's a point, never considered that. I'm not exactly sure if @Nicktendo is applying that rule to the results.

Well, just in case, my vote goes to following that rule all the way.

Edited by Glen-i

Hang on is this over? My vote is

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Galaxy 2
3. Super Mario Bros.
4. Wind Waker
5. Pikmin 3

6. Metroid Prime
7. Advance Wars 
8. Tetris (GB)
9. Splatoon 2
10. Animal Crossing DS

Nearly F Zero GX, Excitebike 64, GoldenEye, ISS 98, Winning Eleven 6 Gamecube, Fire Emblem Awakening, punch out, Wave race Blue Storm

Edited by dazzybee

When I post the results I will post the full table. I can also do one with max 2 or 1 games per franchise as well. 

Thanks for your vote Dazzybee, the top 10 has shifted around quite a bit now!

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Pikmin 36? Has Miyamoto been randomly announcing more Pikmin games again?

Yeah, have you missed it? It's a first person crossover with metroid prime where Samus is grapplebeaming with strings of Pikmin!

• Haha 2

When I post the results I will post the full table. I can also do one with max 2 or 1 games per franchise as well. 
Thanks for your vote Dazzybee, the top 10 has shifted around quite a bit now!
That's why we need to canvas for more votes, the top 10 could still change quite dramatically!

For the record, I was obeying the "2 entries per franchise" rule when I made my Top 10. That's why I excluded Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening from the get-go, otherwise, there was a good chance one or both of them would've made the list. I certainly thought everybody else was restricting themselves as well.

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Indeed it is. I love that game. It still annoys me that we didn't get the sequel in English!

Fun fact: The lack of English versions influenced my personal list. I actually considered Pokémon TCG 2, but excluded it early because of that (though the fan translation works pretty well). Mother 3 was tied for 10th place, but it relying on a fan translation (even if the best I've ever seen) was the decisive tie-breaker.

My point is, Nintendo should definitely release some of those classics. Imagine the "Best of" lists those games have been excluded from!

41 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

We can set a deadline? 1st of October or something like that? Or longer?

As a deadline, October 1st sounds peachy.

Edited by Jonnas

4 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

For the record, I was obeying the "2 entries per franchise" rule when I made my Top 10. That's why I excluded Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening from the get-go, otherwise, there was a good chance one or both of them would've made the list. I certainly thought everybody else was restricting themselves as well.

Everyone has been following this for the personal top 10s otherwise BOTW and MM would have been in mine.

• Like 1

Oops, I forgot to make a change I wanted to do so don't it now. Wave Race demoted, tetris inserted

so, just as a quick question, if two games get an equal amount of points, how is that decided? first to get voted for, alphabetical order, oldest wins, youngest wins, roll of the dice... both get named...

Edited by Pestneb

35 minutes ago, bob said:

This page might be helpful to people:

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Nintendo_games

I don't know how complete it is, but it helped me remember a few that I'd forgotten about.

I thought about doing that, waiting for other people etc, but if it's forgettable, personally I didn't feel it belonged in my top ten.Having said that, I did include a namco game so perhaps that list would have been useful for me :D

16 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Probably not. To be honest I doubt  it would be anything special. It would probably be full of safe/standard choices and would no doubt annoy you with the inclusion of an old school Pokemon game. :p 

safe/standard choices are fine though, the more people who put in a top ten the more valid the list is.
If everyone chose not to put in a top ten because their own list was too safe/standard... we'd probably end up with a top ten looking more like:

1080 avalanche
Pikmin 2
Wii Sports resort
Starfox Assault
For the frog the bell tolls
WarioWare inc microgames
Mario kart ds
Mario golf world tour
Elite beat agents
LoZ skyward sword

or just no list at all....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pestneb said:

safe/standard choices are fine though, the more people who put in a top ten the more valid the list is.
If everyone chose not to put in a top ten because their own list was too safe/standard... we'd probably end up with a top ten looking more like:

1080 avalanche
Pikmin 2
Wii Sports resort
Starfox Assault
WarioWare inc microgames
Mario kart ds
Mario golf world tour
Elite beat agents
LoZ skyward sword

Take out Skyward Sword and that's a mighty fine list. :D

After this is finished we should do a top ten third party exclusives on Nintendo platforms.

Although, I wonder if any Wii U games would get nominated for that list ;) 

1 hour ago, Pestneb said:

I thought about doing that, waiting for other people etc, but if it's forgettable, personally I didn't feel it belonged in my top ten.Having said that, I did include a namco game so perhaps that list would have been useful for me :D

According to that list;

Doshin the giant

Resi 2

Rouge squadron

Are all Nintendo games!

1 hour ago, Esequiel said:

According to that list;

Doshin the giant

Resi 2

Rouge squadron

Are all Nintendo games!

Rogue squadron was published by Nintendo, Doshin the Giant was 100% Nintendo I thought. Resident evil 2 is interesting - I thought that was Capcom but maybe Nintendo published it on the gc or something like that?

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

After this is finished we should do a top ten third party exclusives on Nintendo platforms.

Although, I wonder if any Wii U games would get nominated for that list ;) 

After this is finished I might do a top 10 games from any publisher on the general gaming board, that could be fun and a bit less heated!

Edited by Ronnie

1080 avalanche
Pikmin 2
Wii Sports resort
Starfox Assault
WarioWare inc microgames
Mario kart ds
Mario golf world tour
Elite beat agents
LoZ skyward sword
I approve of this list.

1 hour ago, Pestneb said:

Rogue squadron was published by Nintendo, Doshin the Giant was 100% Nintendo I thought. Resident evil 2 is interesting - I thought that was Capcom but maybe Nintendo published it on the gc or something like that?

Doshin was 100% Nintendo, yeah. Nintendo published Resident Evil 2 on the N64 and then again on the GC, I wasn't aware of that until I read the list bob linked to. It's pretty weird, you'd think Capcom would have published both versions. It's even stranger that Nintendo published those Star Wars games, must have had to stump up some of the cartridge costs to ensure that they got them on the system. I'm almost certain that was the case with Resident Evil 2 considering it was a higher capacity cartridge than usual 

I thought about doing that, waiting for other people etc, but if it's forgettable, personally I didn't feel it belonged in my top ten.Having said that, I did include a namco game so perhaps that list would have been useful for me
It was more that I didn't know the complete list of eligible games, since Nintendo published games are included.

E.g. I haven't forgotten about Goldeneye, but I probably wouldn't have included it had I not seen that list, since I assumed it had nothing to do with Nintendo.

Six more days to vote guys and girls!

1. Metroid Prime
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Super Mario 64
4. Pokémon Gold & Silver Version
5. Super Metroid
6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
7. F-Zero GX
8. Super Mario World
9. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
10. Mario Kart 8 DX

• Like 1