NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
j7.2

Hello again! Sorry...

Hi guys...

Hello again! My, the forum has changed a bit. All modern and stuff...!

I've not been around for a while (duh). Two things have happened; 1st is that my eyesight has continued to get worse. I'm registered blind now. Woo...? The other is that I just dropped everything and invested myself in my job. Progressed really well but got to such a point that I just quit last week. On garden leave for the month and so I'm trying to re-adjust. I know I've missed a lot of what's happened around here. Had a brief scour of the place and I am really pleasantly surprised to see so many familiar names still here. Just wondering what's up with folk? 

EDIT: Oh sorry - for newer folk; I used to be a member - please introduce yourself if you don't recognise the name! Be very happy to meet you.

Edited by j7.2
reasons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yo dude!

Garden leave is where you hand in your notice and they go "ok so don't bother coming in again - we'll pay you up to your leaving date tho".

It's pretty sweet. Basically a free month's holiday WOOOOOO... but then again I am also unemployed

Why not use your old account?

Anyway, welcome back! Up for a mafia game? :p

Oh, and the upside of going blind is now you'll develop superior hearing!

Hey Smeagol! I couldn't remember my password and the rest thing wasn't working so hey started a new thing,

As for the hearing -- I was born hard of hearing and wear two hearing aids sooooo not sure how that'll work. Fingers crossed that taste, smell and touch pick up their game though. How have you been?

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Where are you living now? Brighton still?

Hove, actually.

:p

Yeah still kicking it here mate! thought of you the other day when i saw that flink is defined as a group of 12 cows. Google it.

• Like 2

Sorry I have to say that what is most insane to me is that nobody seems to have changed their av or sig at all! it's brilliant!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, j7.2 said:

Hey Smeagol! I couldn't remember my password and the rest thing wasn't working so hey started a new thing,

As for the hearing -- I was born hard of hearing and wear two hearing aids sooooo not sure how that'll work. Fingers crossed that taste, smell and touch pick up their game though. How have you been?

I'm great thanks! You're also just in time for the Nintendo Direct filled with games you won't be able to play (or will you?).

Haha! I have a friend who i see monthly who has a switch but sadly I am all PC these days. Just got a PS4... sorry!

5 minutes ago, j7.2 said:

Sorry I have to say that what is most insane to me is that nobody seems to have changed their av or sig at all! it's brilliant!

We actually changed everyone's back when we found out you were returning.

👋

• Like 1

Hey Drakhon great to see you here as well!

I quit my job due to what I called "daily bullshit". I was in a company that grew from 9 people to 300 but was still run by people who had no idea what they were doing. I was responsible for legal compliance and they didn't think it was important. There are some serious changes coming in to our laws and regulations and they weren't giving me the resources needed to approach the situation. On the one hand they wanted me to be responsible for such things... but on the other they just said no to everything. What could I do?

• Like 2

Just now, Ashley said:

We actually changed everyone's back when we found out you were returning.

👋

Classic Ashley

13 minutes ago, j7.2 said:

Hove, actually.

:p

Yeah still kicking it here mate! thought of you the other day when i saw that flink is defined as a group of 12 cows. Google it.

I`ll look it up now in a second!

Hove, actually. :D That`ll never get old. 

I haven`t been to Brightonia in months. Need to meet up for a pint, I feel!

If you're ever in the area then please feel free to at least treat me like a number-maker. We've always had good chats. I can tell you about how little i've used the gym stuff you advised me on (though I'm hoping that will change now im unemployed)

1 minute ago, j7.2 said:

Well I remember you esequeil :p how are the fish?

In fairness I barely remember what day of the week it is anymore! Unfortunately the fish are no longer here :( Too much work and not enough time at the moment!

I only changed my signature and avatar really recently but I'll probably keep them the same for a while... probably. :p (still feeling the goodwill from Sonic Mania... review coming soon)

Or change it back to a Metroid theme again once I start playing Metroid:Samus Returns... ::shrug:

Anyway, enough of all that... welcome back @j7.2 :) it's good to see you around again!

So you're living in Hove now? Nice, one of my brothers is currently living there, well... has been for a couple of years and is possibly moving soon but still, I've heard it's a nice area. :D

Please do let us know your PSN when you get settled with your PS4, I haven't been on it that much but I have a backlog of games for it so it's only a matter of time before I'm on it more, well... inbetween all the Switch games that is, I hear you on the PC stuff though, loads of good stuff on Steam.

I can't believe it was way back in 2009 that I went to the N-E Meat... :blank: I remember meeting you and many other members of the forum and I'll never forget it. :smile:

I've still got that same jacket I was wearing on that day as well, a little worse for wear now but it still fits so I'm loathed to throw it out, I might put it through the wash though soon during my week off, hopefully there'll still be some of it left... the reason I mention it as I'm sure you commented on it as it was new when I wore it to the meet as some of the fibers in it sparkled in the sunlight, just something I remembered which stuck with me all these years. ::shrug:

TL:DR... It's really good to have you back Jay! :peace:

Edited by S.C.G

Sign in to follow this