NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - September 13th

November is pretty stacked for Switch releases, granted a lot of them are ports but they're ones I'm really keen to play on the Switch. On November 14th we have LA Noire, followed by Rime and Skyrim both coming out on November 17th, then Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 comes out on November 28th and Xenoblade 2 follows closely behind it on December 1st. When you add in Doom and Rocket League also coming before the end of the year it's a pretty busy release schedule, and that's without even figuring Super Mario Odyssey in the equation. I think if virtual console were on the way too it would all be a bit constricted so it might have been a wise decision to hold off on it to let the other releases breathe.

Nintendo's arcade games are finally getting a home release... I never thought I'd see the day!

Not gonna lie, that overshadowed absolutely everything else for me.  That's a BIG deal for me! I'm really shocked that they're letting Hamster release them instead of doing it themselves via the VC service too! (though it does beg the question, will it be Vodka Drunkinsky, or Soda Popinsky?)

There's some great stuff in there as well (Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein are big surprises too! Bethesda is now Switch's biggest 3rd party supporter... didn't see that one coming! Doom 2016 on the go will be amazing!), but man! That just crushes them for me! :D 

While I'm disappointed at the lack of Platinum stuff being shown, that more than makes it up for me!

Some real genuine surprises (New Style Boutique 3, Dillon's Rolling Western 3, Doom, Wolfenstein, Nintendo Arcade Archives, Mario Party Top 100).  And Xenoblade looks like it'll make 2017! Great stuff!

Edited by Dcubed

A decent Direct overall. Not enough first party announcements, but nowadays Nintendo has to share the spotlight with third parties and that's great. It may mean more frequent Directs. I doubt this is the last one this year

Pokémon stuff is huge. New Pokémon outside of a new generation is unprecedented.

Mario Party The Top 100 looks a lot of fun, but for god's sake Nintendo that should be on the bloody Switch

Will post comments about everything else but was busy.

Decent Direct, not amazing but decent enough

I dunno. I didn't really enjoy it that much. The spotlight sections were too long and detailed for my taste. I don't want too much information about details on games that I don't own because why should I know all that? I didn't watch the SMO-section but may have to in order to understand why I need the game. Currently I'm not convinced which is weird.

I think I just wanted that "Woah!"-feeling from this. Not one of the games announced are up my alley, which is my luck since they apparently all come out this winter.

• Like 1

Screw Mario, I want that!

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It seems that a new Dillion game got announced for the 3DS in the Japanese Direct.

@Glen-i should be pleased with this.

You spell his name right, damnit! Also...

YES!

Screw Mario, I want that!

• Like 1

Not good at all for me. They lost me at 20 minutes of Xenoblade and never got me back. EA got about a minute to cover 3 games, way to improve relationships Nintendo!

DOOM multiplayer should be awesome, but again FIFA is coming out in 2 weeks and barely gets a mention.

Ugh, I must admit my opinion is higher now I know there were two demos out immediately after the event.  Downloaded Etrian Odyssey V and Octopath Traveller but haven't even touched the latter!

Great Direct. So many games covered. The only thing missing was one first party Switch reveal, but they've got enough on their plate for now with Mario, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and Kirby.

Odyssey looks it'll steal the GOTY crown from Zelda, looks absolutely INCREDIBLE.

Oh and re: Doom

Bethesda told Engadget that the Switch port of Doom will have all the updates and DLC released for the original game except for the SnapMap level editor. It's also worth noting that the physical version of the game will only include the single-player campaign on the game card due to size constraints -- to play online multiplayer, users will need to download a free update. Naturally, users that choose digital-only copies will get the whole package in one go.

Good way to handle game card size restrictions.

Edited by Ronnie

I was sleeping last night and all I've managed to establish so far is Mario has nipples and King Dedede is swole. I'm so confused.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I was sleeping last night and all I've managed to establish so far is Mario has nipples and King Dedede is swole. I'm so confused.

What more do you need to know? :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Nintendo's arcade games are finally getting a home release... I never thought I'd see the day!

Not gonna lie, that overshadowed absolutely everything else for me.  That's a BIG deal for me! I'm really shocked that they're letting Hamster release them instead of doing it themselves via the VC service too! (though it does beg the question, will it be Vodka Drunkinsky, or Soda Popinsky?)

Hamster are doing Nintendo's games?!

Can I ask what there is to be excited about? Genuine question not a snide; don't know enough about it, but balloon fight, Super Mario vs, Mario bros. just feel like the same nes game we've had so many times... Only Punch Out is interesting. What are the actual differences?

I like the idea of it, but the games looked underwhelming.

Edited by dazzybee

46 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Hamser are doing Nintendo's games?!

Can I ask what there is to be excited about? Genuine question not a snide; don't know enough about it, but balloon fight, Super Mario vs, Mario bros. just feel like the same ones game we've had so many times... Only Punch out is interesting. What are the actual differences?

I like the idea of it, but the games looked underwhelming.

That's pretty much how I feel about the announcement. Outside of Punch-Out, Nintendo's arcade scene has never really interested me much. Given the titles on offer it's hardly surprising. :D

Yeah, I don't care all that much about them. I'm likely to get Mario Bros at one point, as I've always loved the NES and Super Mario Bros 3 versions, it's a fun 2 player game. I may get VS Super Mario Bros simply for curiosity's sake, but I'll leave the rest.

1 hour ago, Ugh first aid said:

Guy's...Guy's...Mario's nips is a meme now...

YES!!!

Typical woman... Joking!

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this