NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - September 13th

45min? damn that is a long direct! lease be an OS update including that rumoured achievement system! and netflix and Virtual Console

As far as game announcements go, I'm predicting "only" a few Switch ports and relatively minor 3DS games. And likely a lot of release dates. They do say "in the coming months", so I'm not expecting any groundbreaking announcements.

Then again, if the scope of the direct reaches Summer 2018, I might be very wrong.

That image made me excited at first @Happenstance but on closer inspection it looks pretty fake, the font for 'Day & Night' especially. The mobile game should be coming this year though so i'm hopeful of seeing something of that at the Apple conference tomorrow but the fact there won't be any mobile stuff in the direct makes me think it's unlikely. 

@Serebii you seem to be forgetting what direct's have actually been like historically, I'd obviously prefer to be optimistic but it's better to temper expectations. 

22 minutes ago, killthenet said:

@Serebii you seem to be forgetting what direct's have actually been like historically, I'd obviously prefer to be optimistic but it's better to temper expectations. 

Directs don't exist to recap. They bring new information for games and each one has come with at least one new reveal.

One of the guys from Digital Eclipse tweeted out that he was looking forward to the Direct. Maybe the Disney Afternoon Collection is finally on its way to the Switch.

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

One of the guys from Digital Eclipse tweeted out that he was looking forward to the Direct. Maybe the Disney Afternoon Collection is finally on its way to the Switch.

Or the MegaMan Legacy Collection please please please

• Like 1

Gamexplain say they’ve heard mumblings of loads of 3rd party ports. Be nice. 

As for digital eclipse. Afternoon collection would be my preference. But why not both. 

3rd party port? Bioshock trilogy please. 

Glad to hear there are more third party titles on the way, I'm hoping for a Dark Souls Trilogy announcement - From Software have been pretty quiet this year and we know they're developing for the Switch so would love to see them announce that.

I would buy the shit outta the Dark Souls Trilogy, Mass Effect Trilogy and Bayonetta 1&2. Even if I already own all of them (except DS 2-3).

Really looking forward to this direct, but if the past has taught me anything, it is to wind down the hype to a minimum.

Edit: Japan gets 5 minutes extra with Senran Kagura I bet. That shit's too hot for Europe xD.

Edited by ArtMediocre
Japan

How about some reasonable predictions? Methinks we will get...

• Release date for Xenoblade 2 ( please be this year. please be this year )
  • Release date for Skyrim
  • Fifa 18 Demo
  • Platinum Games announcement
  • Mario Odyssey footage that the majority of us don't want to see :p
  • The other Kirby 3DS game
  • Stardew Valley release date or on eShop straight after the Direct
  • Arms update getting released straight after Direct
  • Quick update on titles that are out soon, such as Metroid and Pokken
  • More amiibo
  • OS update
  • Talk about their online service, although this may have it's own Direct closer to when it's released

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

• Fifa 18 Demo
  • More amiibo
  • OS update
  • Talk about their online service, although this may have it's own Direct closer to when it's released

You pretty much picked my brain clean there! This list is basically what I am expecting verbatim (I just hope that Bayo 1 & 2 and TW101 all come out before the end of the year.  How bloody amazing would it be to have them all on the go!? :D )

Edited by Dcubed

I'd add to that list a first party Switch game reveal: Animal Crossing? Smash? Pikmin? Oh and a big Splatoon 2 update.

Edited by Ronnie

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

• Fifa 18 Demo
  • More amiibo
  • OS update

God I hope thats not the list. All I'd really want to see from that would be Platinum Games announcement and OS update.

All I want to hear about is the virtual console and how it’s available right now with GameCube games. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

God I hope thats not the list. All I'd really want to see from that would be Platinum Games announcement and OS update.

What would you want from this Direct, then? 

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'd add to that list a first party Switch game reveal: Animal Crossing? Smash? Pikmin? Oh and a big Splatoon 2 update.

This is a fair shout. They do usually announce something new at these things. @Serebii will probably know this, has there ever been a Direct where something new hasn't been announced/shown?

HOT's list is pretty solid I reckon.  I will say that it's possible that we might see Retro's new game, given that it's been 4 years since Tropical Freeze was finished (hell I expected it to have been announced at E3 and released by this November!), but that seems too high profile an announcement to be put out during a September Direct.  Ditto on both fronts for Pikmin 4 (remember that it was supposed to have been near completion around a year ago).  Both are better fits for E3 next year.

The timing suggests a 3rd party focus, given that it's right before TGS, so temper your expectations when it comes to 1st party announcements.

Edited by Dcubed

27 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What would you want from this Direct, then?

I still find it really hard to figure out what I want from the Switch. A new Animal Crossing would be amazing to see but I have no idea if any of the rumours that keep popping up are actual rumours or just people's hopes. Give me a new Ace Attorney game as well, designed specifically for the Switch!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I still find it really hard to figure out what I want from the Switch.

I don't :grin:

Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Excitebike and Diddy Kong Racing are some of the franchises I'd love to see return! I'm not asking for all of them.. I'd kill for just one of them :heh:

Additionally, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Punch-Out!!, a new 2D Mario that breaks away from the 'New' series or even a new Captain Toad would be very welcome, as would some sort of Switch Sports game.

There's a huge well of franchises to lift from but I also wouldn't be against something completely new given how enjoyable Splatoon and ARMS are.

If Nintendo can keep delivering amazing new games, surprising revivals of old franchises and a robust Virtual Console library, the Switch is going to be amazing :yay:

14 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I don't :grin:

Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Excitebike and Diddy Kong Racing are some of the franchises I'd love to see return! I'm not asking for all of them.. I'd kill for just one of them :heh:

Additionally, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Punch-Out!!, a new 2D Mario that breaks away from the 'New' series or even a new Captain Toad would be very welcome, as would some sort of Switch Sports game.

There's a huge well of franchises to lift from but I also wouldn't be against something completely new given how enjoyable Splatoon and ARMS are.

If Nintendo can keep delivering amazing new games, surprising revivals of old franchises and a robust Virtual Console library, the Switch is going to be amazing :yay:

Out of that list all I'd really want would be a new Luigi's Mansion (where its back to only one Mansion) and probably a new 2D Mario game. I just find myself caring less and less about Nintendo's old franchises which is why I'd like to see new stuff.

Sign in to follow this