NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Aneres11

L.A. Noire - PS4 - XONE - Switch - November 14th

Never played this. It looked quite interesting when it first came out, so could be worth a go.

Started playing this on the weekend, it's yet another game that I never got around to playing back when it first came out (despite really liking the look of it) but it's all good because I'm getting to enjoy it now, and boy am I enjoying it! :cool:

They absolutely nailed the 40's vibe with this one, so good. And you can always count on Rockstar to deliver the goods when it comes to a licensed soundtrack:

Gonna have that stuck in my head for a while. :laughing:

It's a shame about what happened with Team Bondi though, never realised quite how troubled the development of this game was. :hmm:

Guess the chances of something similar to L.A. Noire being produced in the future are pretty much zero, but if there ever was a game made just like it but set in the 70's it would instantly become one of my all-time faves I reckon. :hehe:

• Thanks 2

So i've played a few hours of this, and it's awesome. I love the setting and the the story so far. It really makes you feel like a proper detective. However, the questioning system seems bullshit. I feel like it's mostly random whether you go for the right option each time, even when you know they're lying or they make an obviously sneaky face.

One case, i'd already solved the damn case but couldn't select the right options when questioning the dude, even though i knew he was lying. Maybe i'll get the hang of it though.

• Like 1

Playing this and while it doesn’t seem to have had a real effect I’m a bit miffed that when chasing down a random street crime suspect, I shot him in the ankle (literally in the ankle) annnd he was carted away dead and under a white sheet. 

• Haha 1

I've continued with this for a bit. Hoping to finish it off before I buy Spider-man. It's still pretty good, but the bits that are holding it back are really too fiddley. The questioning is still bullshit. I've maybe got roughly half of them correct, which is barely better than dumb luck. Just finished the murder desk missions culminating in the

Spoiler

Wolfman serial killer bit. I actually worked out who the killer was after the third or so murder, when they mentioned the part-time bartender, but did that help me? Nope. One of the murders I actually got zero questions right during the interrogation, and the game clearly felt sorry for me, as I got a phone call with an extra clue to help me solve the case. Didn't really feel like a very good detective. 

Also, the way you have to repeat whole sections of the game if you fail a mission, with UNSKIPPABLE cutscenes! How are they a thing in 2018?!

So i've developed a sort of love/hate relationship with this game. I love bits of, and i'm definitely going to finish it, but oh my god the interviews. Why are they such bullshit?!

Spoiler

I was interviewing Sheldon near the end, and he asks for proof that he is involved in the heroine robbery, so i look through my evidence, and there are two mentions of his name found on the bodies of snipers killing witnesses, and one confession from a dying guy who mentions Sheldon by name. No idea which evidence is the best one, i feel it could be all three, but you can only use one! And if you choose the wrong one, it doesn't tell you why it was wrong, he just says something like 'ha! you have no evidence!' and you fail the interview.

I just think the game is really good in every other aspect, but it just falls apart during the interviews - they really pull down an otherwise excellent game. You just feel like you have no input in how they play out other than random chance.

Arseface.

Fuck this game. Seriously it's just so shit sometimes.

I had a to choose to charge between two guys, so i choose one (pretty much at random, i only managed to guess half the interview questions) and all I get is my boss yelling at me for choosing the wrong guy. No explanation as to why he's the wrong guy, or what I did wrong. It's just such bullshit.

This game winds me up so much.

*Bad cop*

"I won't have you use that kind of incendiary language with me!"

*Good cop*

"Don't take that tone with me!"

Sign in to follow this