NEurope
Julius

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (December 20th 2019)

38 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Seems a bit pointless to have Lando in the film when both Han and Leia won't be there. 

It will likely be a bit-part role at best, probably turning up at Leia’s funeral or something along those lines. I have to agree with you, though; I’ve loved both TFA and TLJ, but they aren’t without their problems, and this would have been the better type of fan service. 

My biggest regret with TLJ is that we didn’t get to see the gang back together in a flashback. It wasn’t too much of a problem for me with TFA, considering how quickly things were moving along, but I think it would have suited the pace and plot of TLJ perfectly. It would have made some sense in setting up Ben/Kylo, at least just giving us more of a peek into his upbringing. 

I just don’t see Lando having that same effect on Ben, but I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

It will likely be a bit-part role at best, probably turning up at Leia’s funeral or something along those lines. I have to agree with you, though; I’ve loved both TFA and TLJ, but they aren’t without their problems, and this would have been the better type of fan service. 

My biggest regret with TLJ is that we didn’t get to see the gang back together in a flashback. It wasn’t too much of a problem for me with TFA, considering how quickly things were moving along, but I think it would have suited the pace and plot of TLJ perfectly. It would have made some sense in setting up Ben/Kylo, at least just giving us more of a peek into his upbringing. 

I just don’t see Lando having that same effect on Ben, but I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

My hype for Episode IX couldn't be any lower. I really disliked a lot of the choices made during TLJ and, for me, it's killed a lot of enthusiasm that I had for this new trilogy. We'll see what happens, but my eyes just rolled as soon as I heard the news about Lando coming back. If there was a time to do it, it was TFA. 

• Like 1

My excitement for Episode 9 is also very low. TLJ wasn't any better on a second watch. Solo was alright. I thought Lando would've been great in either TFA or TLJ, but yeah I guess he's free up Rey to abandon Chewie. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed TLJ but part of me isn't looking forward to 9 because they're going to have to do Leia's death in an off-screen way and the film was supposed to be her turn :(

• Like 1

I thought Last Jedi was excellent, especially on second viewing. I think people had expectations what they wanted to happen so when it didn't happen, uproar. I enjoyed it 100 times more than Infinity War which I thought was as forgettable as most of the Marvel films. Two hours of pretty much exclusively battle set piece after battle setpiece, with little in between.

Back to TLJ... Snoke getting no backstory. Nor did Palpatine?

Rey being a nobody. Great, way better than some convoluted, shoehorned in nonsense trying to fit her in. Makes me like her even more.

Luke... I can understand the annoyance, but Rian Johnson wasn't exactly left with much to work with after the storyline Abrams left him with.

The time for Lando was in Force Awakens? Uh no, just as it wasn't in A New Hope. Now would be a good time to bring him back, especially after Carrie Fisher's tragic passing.

1 hour ago, Agent Gibbs said:

but who will they kill off if the don't have him return?

Obi Wan, Yoda, Darth Vader, Made Windu, Padme, Qui-Gon, people are killed off all the time in Star Wars.

Edited by Ronnie

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

My hype for Episode IX couldn't be any lower. I really disliked a lot of the choices made during TLJ and, for me, it's killed a lot of enthusiasm that I had for this new trilogy.

Same for me and 3 of my mates who seen it with me. It killed any excitement we have for the rest of the Star Wars films. I've still yet to see Solo and doubt I will until it comes on Sky Cinema. 

The best thing Disney have done with this franchise is Rebels, which is far better than any of the movies they have churned out so far.

I thought Last Jedi was excellent, especially on second viewing. I think people had expectations what they wanted to happen so when it didn't happen, uproar. I enjoyed it 100 times more than Infinity War which I thought was as forgettable as most of the Marvel films. Two hours of pretty much exclusively battle set piece after battle setpiece, with little in between.
Back to TLJ... Snoke getting no backstory. Nor did Palpatine?
Rey being a nobody. Great, way better than some convoluted, shoehorned in nonsense trying to fit her in. Makes me like her even more.
Luke... I can understand the annoyance, but Rian Johnson wasn't exactly left with much to work with after the storyline Abrams left him with.
The time for Lando was in Force Awakens? Uh no, just as it wasn't in A New Hope. Now would be a good time to bring him back, especially after Carrie Fisher's tragic passing.
Obi Wan, Yoda, Darth Vader, Made Windu, Padme, Qui-Gon, people are killed off all the time in Star Wars.

Mate, I agree with you about TLJ, but what exactly were you expecting with Infinity War? 2 hours of discussion trying to talk Thanos round? It's the culmination of 18 films of buildup, it's going to be one big set piece!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bob said:

Mate, I agree with you about TLJ, but what exactly were you expecting with Infinity War? 2 hours of discussion trying to talk Thanos round? It's the culmination of 18 films of buildup, it's going to be one big set piece!

Fair enough. I still sort of think a film should be able to stand on it's own merits but maybe Infinity War is the exception to that. I'm not the biggest Marvel fan so didn't really see what all the fuss was about.

• Like 1

Some news on the film has just come in from StarWars.com. Information which is new/particularly interesting is in bold. 

Star Wars: Episode IX will begin filming at London’s Pinewood Studios on August 1, 2018. J.J. Abrams returns to direct the final instalment of the Skywalker saga. Abrams co-wrote the screenplay with Chris Terrio.

Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honour Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Composer John Williams, who has scored every chapter in the Star Wars saga since 1977’s A New Hope, will return to a galaxy far, far away with Episode IX.

Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Michelle Rejwan, and executive produced by Callum Greene and Jason McGatlin. The crew includes Dan Mindel (Director of Photography), Rick Carter and Kevin Jenkins (Co-Production Designers), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Neal Scanlan (Creature and Droid FX), Maryann Brandon and Stefan Grube (Editors), Roger Guyett (VFX Supervisor), Tommy Gormley (1st AD), and Victoria Mahoney (2nd Unit Director).

Well, so much for principal photography starting in Early 2018, and then in June, and then in July. Nice to see you can stick to a schedule, LFL :p 

“...the final instalment of the Skywalker Saga” has me as confused and as excited as one could be about that statement. Is this just a chance to cash-in on the “end” of the Saga, in the same way that ROTS marketing milked that it completed it, before we see X, XI and XII in a decade, or is there real meaning to these words? Because if so, then I’m excited, because I do think that the Skywalker Saga needs a definitive end, and everything will have come full circle. Not that Skywalkers can’t turn up down the line, but it’ll be nice to have the focus taken off them for the sake of the franchise’s future, just to allow it to grow naturally, and also because the Skywalker family has had a very direct effect on the course that the entire galaxy for over 60 years in-universe. It also raises some interesting questions: does this mean we could see Ben/Kylo die? Or see him lose his powers, so that even if he were to have children, the Skywalker line wouldn’t be filled with some of the most powerful individuals in the galaxy? 

Grant is a First Order Officer (or maybe even a former Imperial?) if I’ve ever seen one. And I suppose all we’re going to hear for the next 16 months is that Ackie is playing Lando’s daughter...but I think that would actually make some sense. 

Good that they’ve finally come out and officially stated that Billy Dee will be returning as Lando, because he’s been known to be a bit loose-lipped in recent years, and I’m sure we would have otherwise had it confirmed by him in the coming weeks had they not done this. Glad to see that Mark Hamill is returning as Luke; hopefully J.J. can give the more vocal fans, who weren’t exactly happy with how Luke was handled in TLJ, something to find more enjoyable and familiar this time around. 

Extremely happy that they have old footage of Carrie to use this time around, and that Billie gave her blessing to use it. I was always against the idea of seeing her return through CG, and I was taken aback by how many people were onboard for a recast. Hopefully this footage is used to the best of J.J.’s and the crew’s abilities to ensure that Carrie’s and Leia’s legacies live on after the end of the Skywalker Saga. 

And I am over the moon that John Williams is signed on to return as composer next year. I pray for him to have the best of health in the coming years, but especially for the next 18 months; he’s already 86, and will be nearing 88 by the time that he finishes composing the score, which will likely a week or two prior to the film’s release. This was always likely to be his final Star Wars score since this trilogy was announced after Disney’s buyout of Lucasfilm, and some of his very best work was done when the Skywalker Saga was completed with Revenge of the Sith 13 years ago, so I’m expecting one final jubilant Star Wars masterpiece  from him this time around. 

We’re a while out, but I’m getting a little bit excited. It was different for TLJ — everything was up and running a couple of months after TFA’s release, amidst the post-release enjoyment of the film, and there’s been a noticeable gap this time around between the release of VIII and the announcement of principal photography starting next week. 

Won’t be at all surprised if they have a short teaser ready for late November/early December to attach to Mary Poppins Returns

UPDATE

...and Keri Russell...

Word went out from Variety not too long after the cast was officially announced that Keri Russell’s deal had just been signed, which had been doing the rounds in the rumour mill for he last few weeks. Well, everything (their press release and YouTube video) just got officially updated: Keri Russell will be in the film too. 

I imagine that we’re going to hear a lot of “Keri Russell is Rey’s mother” rumours and speculation in the coming months.

Edited by Julius Caesar

Carrie’s brother, Todd Fisher, has given his thoughts on Leia returning in IX. 

As we, her family, as well as her extended family of fans around the world so believe, Carrie’s Princess Leia is forever entrenched in the franchise and her indelible presence is fundamental to the film. J.J. Abrams understood Carrie’s iconic role, and he has masterfully re-crafted this final entry to include this unused and very last footage of Carrie ever taken, without resorting to CGI or animatronics. Our family and her fans will look forward with great anticipation for this one! Her force will forever be with us!

If I recall correctly, there were rumours about unused which was shot for TFA (where we know the footage used here will come from) of Leia asking those on Hosnian Prime for help, or something like that. It’ll be interesting to see how it’s used, and perhaps more importantly, if the footage is used in the film’s present day, or in a potential flashback. It’ll be a bit strange if we only see Leia as a hologram, but I have faith in J.J. when it comes to this.

Elsewhere, we have confirmation that the new animated show, Star Wars Resistance, will be an anime-inspired CGI show, with more news on the way very soon. 

On 27/07/2018 at 10:18 PM, Julius Caesar said:

UPDATE

Word went out from Variety not too long after the cast was officially announced that Keri Russell’s deal had just been signed, which had been doing the rounds in the rumour mill for he last few weeks. Well, everything (their press release and YouTube video) just got officially updated: Keri Russell will be in the film too. 

I imagine that we’re going to hear a lot of “Keri Russell is Rey’s mother” rumours and speculation in the coming months.

I'm sure it's probably mathematically possible, but looking at Keri Russell she doesn't appear to be old enough to be the parent of someone in their 20s. Mostly because Keri Russell looks amazing.

But yeah I suspect people will assume it's that. I hope not. I'd rather we just never know anything about Rey's parents.

I want this to happen:

• Haha 2

I'm sure it's probably mathematically possible, but looking at Keri Russell she doesn't appear to be old enough to be the parent of someone in their 20s. Mostly because Keri Russell looks amazing.
But yeah I suspect people will assume it's that. I hope not. I'd rather we just never know anything about Rey's parents.
I want this to happen:

Yeah but she could just look young because of the Force.

On 27/07/2018 at 10:18 PM, Julius Caesar said:

Grant is a First Order Officer

If he's replacing Ade Edmondson I'm gonna be pissed

Even as a massive Star Wars nerd I somehow completely missed all this news until last night. D'oh. Anyway, could not be happier that Hamill and Billy Dee Williams are back, great news, ditto Carrie Fisher making an appearance. Be really interesting to see how they manage it.

Plenty of rumours that Richard E Grant is playing Thrawn and Episode IX has a new bad guy, would make a lot of sense.

I think you're right @Julius Caesar about how Abrams will likely make Luke a bit more recognisable than TLJ managed. Also were people really wanting to see Leia recast?? Must be the tiniest of minorities.

I've personally stopped reading fan reactions, comments etc. (apart from on here obv) It's just way too toxic after TLJ, everything has a tinge of snark and sarcasm and I find it all pretty unpleseant.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Plenty of rumours that Richard E Grant is playing Thrawn and Episode IX has a new bad guy, would make a lot of sense.

I think you're right @Julius Caesar about how Abrams will likely make Luke a bit more recognisable than TLJ managed. Also were people really wanting to see Leia recast?? Must be the tiniest of minorities.

I've personally stopped reading fan reactions, comments etc. (apart from on here obv) It's just way too toxic after TLJ, everything has a tinge of snark and sarcasm and I find it all pretty unpleseant.

I haven’t seen those rumours, and I’m not sure how I would feel about Grant portraying Thrawn. At face value, he’s an excellent actor and would likely do a great job as Thrawn, but, if Thrawn is to make an appearance, it would only make sense in my mind if Lars Mikkelsen (yes, Mads’ brother) portrayed him. Not only did he voice him in Rebels (and he did an excellent job capturing how everyone would think he would speak), I feel like you’d have to do less work to get him looking like the canon version of Thrawn than you would have to do with Grant. 

I’ve had a sneaking suspicion that Thrawn could make an appearance in IX since the ST was announced, which was somewhat strengthened by his return to canon with Rebels and some novels, as well as he way that the Aftermath trilogy wraps up (it also leads me to very, very strongly believe that Jakku could play into the ending in a big way). But at the moment, I don’t feel like he’d be the best villain to bring in at this time, seeing as this is a conclusion to it all (supposedly). However, I’d love to see a flashback of Thrawn and some Imperials of old unearthing/finding Snoke. I really want to see Ewan and Hayden back as Force ghosts of Obi-Wan and Anakin, because now is the time to do so. 

Thrawn or not, I do feel like another villain - equal or greater than Ben in some way - is needed to keep us guessing about whether or not Ben will be redeemed, because it’s going to be a rather anticlimactic final film in the event that Ben is redeemed, because at the moment we could only really see that as a possibility if he becomes confused by his current path, or Hux and/or the Knights of Ren stage a coup d’etat. I don’t think that he can be redeemed if he loses to Rey, unless, of course, there’s a greater force than him around that Rey needs his help to destroy. As the final film in the Saga, I think we need something large and climactic, and I just don’t think that Thrawn could offer that. 

My biggest fear for IX is the way that the story’s played out so far. Rey has something of a flat arc to allow Ben’s arc to flourish (which I’m happy with), but it’s just going to be strange going into the final film with only a vague idea of what’s going to happen, at least when compared to VI (Luke must confront Vader and the Emperor) and III (Anakin is going to become Vader). My concern is only compounded by the timeline: everything has happened in such a short time up until now, that jumping ahead even a year (it’s much more likely to be a number of years) means that things in the galaxy will be extremely different to how they were at the end of VIII, and I can’t help but worry that they’re going to return to the prequel way of handling this: with an unhealthy amount exposition. 

And yeah, people really did want that. They wanted Meryl Streep. From my experience and what I saw, it was actually pretty evenly split for wanting Carrie to return through CGI, be recast, or be left out (in the event that there was no footage to use of her). 

And likewise. In fact, I took a huge step back from the Star Wars and film communities as a whole because of it, and to be hones, I did feel oversaturated with it all. I think that’s why I didn’t get around to watching Solo in theatres (got the blu-ray pre-ordered, at least) and why I only just got around to picking up the TLJ blu-ray the other day. Everyone will probablt go quiet about TLJ (a least for a little while) when the first trailer for IX drops. I don’t think that it will affect IX’s box office performance at all, because it’ll just be everyone going “Well, if this is the last one, I guess I should go see it”. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

1 hour ago, Julius Caesar said:

But at the moment, I don’t feel like he’d be the best villain to bring in at this time, seeing as this is a conclusion to it all (supposedly). However, I’d love to see a flashback of Thrawn and some Imperials of old unearthing/finding Snoke.

I think if Kylo Ren is to be redeemed (big if) the film needs another big bad guy. Ideally would have been introduced in TLJ but that's what Lucasfilm gets when they have no overall storyline planned out and instead left it to three (now two) directors to mix and match stories.

I really want to see Ewan and Hayden back as Force ghosts of Obi-Wan and Anakin, because now is the time to do so. 

Please no. Ewan fine, but I personally don't want to see anymore of Hayden Christensen. I'm sure he's a nice guy and a good actor but he was absolutely terrible in the prequels, (admittedly, not helped by an awful script and having to play off an equally terrible Natalie Portman. The prequels absolutely sucked in the casting dept, Samuel L Jackson with his "cool" purple lightsaber ffs).

Thrawn or not, I do feel like another villain - equal or greater than Ben in some way - is needed to keep us guessing about whether or not Ben will be redeemed

Oh you said it first :D

As the final film in the Saga, I think we need something large and climactic, and I just don’t think that Thrawn could offer that.

I don't really see this is as the final film of the saga, more the final film of the sequel trilogy. Revenge of the Sith (urgh) and Return of the Jedi acted as climactic storylines for their own trilogies and I think this will be similar, it'll tie up the Rey/Kylo Ren/Luke/First Order storyline but doesn't need to be anything OTT.

And I think the year and a half wait between films will help IX big time. I'm almost certain it's the reason Solo wasn't delayed to December when there was so much production trouble: to give IX room to breathe.

32 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Please no. Ewan fine, but I personally don't want to see anymore of Hayden Christensen. I'm sure he's a nice guy and a good actor but he was absolutely terrible in the prequels, (admittedly, not helped by an awful script and having to play off an equally terrible Natalie Portman. The prequels absolutely sucked in the casting dept, Samuel L Jackson with his "cool" purple lightsaber ffs).

But as you say, him being “absolutely terrible in the prequels” wasn’t just down to him. Lucas has always been pretty dreadful when it comes to dialogue (as Harrison put it: “George, you can type this s***, but you can’t say it!”), and I do think that it’s worth considering that there is a generation which grew up on the prequel films and The Clone Wars. Being part of that generation myself, I accept all of the flaws with the prequel trilogy, but I still find things to enjoy in them, in almost the exact same way that both you and I can accept the flaws with The Last Jedi but still find enjoyment in it. 

I’m not talking about making him a protagonist, just a cameo as a Force ghost. I think that it’s important to remember than Ben idolised and adored his grandfather - specifically Vader and Anakin’s Dark Side - which is why I feel that if Ben is going to continue down either path, input from his grandfather himself could strengthen his resolve. Heck, I think that we could see both Vader and Anakin, which is something that they were toying around with in pre-production for TFA (from The Art of The Force Awakens): 

the-ghost-of-anakin-would-have-merged-in

I think that it’s important to remember that, like it or not, the Skywalker Saga (that is what I’m referring to specifically when I say “Saga”; Episodes I - IX) is about Anakin (perhaps retroactively, sure). The prequel trilogy was about his fall; the original trilogy was about his redemption; and the sequel trilogy is about his legacy: the ongoing struggle between the Light and the Dark Side of the Force. 

I don't really see this is as the final film of the saga, more the final film of the sequel trilogy. Revenge of the Sith (urgh) and Return of the Jedi acted as climactic storylines for their own trilogies and I think this will be similar, it'll tie up the Rey/Kylo Ren/Luke/First Order storyline but doesn't need to be anything OTT.

Well, tell that to Lucasfilm. It could simply be marketing speech, but for all intents and purposes, they are referring to this as “the final installment of the Skywalker Saga”. They referred to IX not once but twice in that way in their press release regarding casting for the film the other day. George Lucas only ever outlined three trilogies of three films for the purposes of telling the Skywalker story, so, even if we get an Episode X, I do think that this will be the end of the Skywalkers being involved with the galaxy’s fate in such a direct way. How that could happen is, of course, up in the air (something would have to happen to Ben, surely), but it’s something to keep in mind. 

And sure, I agree that it’ll feel like the end of the sequel trilogy more so than, say, and Avengers: Infinity War enormous climax. However, we’ve not seen any species return from either the PT or OT on a large and noteworthy scale, besides those directly involved in the story (Chewie, Nien Nunb, Ackbar, Yoda, etc.), so even just seeing some old races return would be more than enough. However, as the end of the Skywalker Saga, I do think that Anakin will make an appearance (you’re part of a minority that don’t want to see him, I think, because I’ve seen plenty of others, even those whom outright hate the prequels, get onboard with the idea), and so too could Obi-Wan. Both (Anakin as Anakin or Vader) have been seen or mentioned in some capacity in every single one of the films in the Skywalker Saga, and that even continued through to Rogue One (I haven’t seen Solo yet, so I can’t comment on that film). 

And I think the year and a half wait between films will help IX big time. I'm almost certain it's the reason Solo wasn't delayed to December when there was so much production trouble: to give IX room to breathe.

Sure, I can see that. I disagree, however, that giving IX room to breathe was the reason for not delaying Solo. For one, Mary Poppins Returns, which was always going to be the bigger film for Disney, comes out at Christmas. I would imagine that they also want all eyes on the MCU at this stage: Ant-Man and The Wasp came out this month in the US, Captain Marvel comes out in March, and Avengers 4 comes out in May.

Beyond that, though, I think that it might actually come down to wanting more time to market IX: TFA had a 13 month marketing campaign, TLJ had a 7 month marketing campaign, and Solo only had a three and a half month marketing campaign (from the time of the first teaser/teaser trailer to release). They could very easily get away with one trailer for Avengers 4, whereas they’d have needed a lot more time to focus on IX with how VIII ended anyways - we’re likely to get a substantial time jump, and we’re not exactly sure about what we could be in for. On top of that, they need to get people back onboard for IX after the massive backlash to VIII, so they got quite lucky there. Furthermore, ILM are already inundated with a number of difficult projects, as ever (Thanos looked superb in IW), and if J.J. does have plans to do something big in terms of visual effects with this film (especially seeing as it won’t be Snoke, someone they already have models for) it gives them more time to perfect it. There were a number of times in RO and TLJ, much more than with TFA, that I just found that the use of CG just didn’t look as good as it could have, and perhaps a little hurried. Giving those guys in post- more time is only ever a good thing.

I have low expectations for this, i didn't like a lot (lukes handling, the silly fuel scenario, poor and/or abandoned plots), but the casting list warms my heart a little! i'd have accepted Streep playing a truncated role as Leia to give her a death/send off, she's the only actress i'd have accepted. but to see Leia back actual Carrie Fisher would be awesome - Although i'm with Ashley on this, use read carpet footage/audio or something from Graham Norton's shows with her! i want drunk no shit leia!

• Haha 1

Filming begins today for the beginning of the “end of the Skywalker Saga”! :D 

DcEEdY6W0AYYtkM.jpg

I enjoyed TLJ for the most part, but I can also see where some people are coming from with their complaints about the film. My biggest worry for IX is that I just don’t know how they can close out this trilogy, and the Skywalker Saga as a whole, in 150 minutes or less, in a way which can leave us truly satisfied. 

3 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Filming begins today for the beginning of the “end of the Skywalker Saga”! :D 

DcEEdY6W0AYYtkM.jpg

I enjoyed TLJ for the most part, but I can also see where some people are coming from with their complaints about the film. My biggest worry for IX is that I just don’t know how they can close out this trilogy, and the Skywalker Saga as a whole, in 150 minutes or less, in a way which can leave us truly satisfied. 

Spoiler

Luke's dead and there's a good chance Leia will be by the end of 9 so... That's how they close the Skywalker Saga? Difficult to do much with an extinct family.

4 hours ago, Ashley said:
  Spoilers for the last jedi (Hide contents)

Luke's dead and there's a good chance Leia will be by the end of 9 so... That's how they close the Skywalker Saga? Difficult to do much with an extinct family.

The film was released seven and a half months ago in cinemas, and nearly four months ago on home media. I don’t think we need spoiler tags for The Last Jedi in a thread about its sequel :p 

I think you’re taking “the end of the Skywalker Saga” a bit too literally. It just means that, from here on in the canon timeline, a Skywalker likely won’t be the character that a story is centred around (or at least not directly having a say in the fate of the galaxy). That’s not to say that they can’t return in some capacity or another. Plus, you forgot Ben :p 

J.J.’s Twitter has gone public for the first time, and we get our first look at Episode IX with it. 

I see Finn sporting some new clothes and longer hair, Chewie, and I’d guess Rey (or potentially Poe?) in what is probably the Falcon

Edited by Julius Caesar