Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Star Wars Episode IX (December 20th 2019)

We’re 12 months from Episode IX releasing! Which also means that we’re 12 months from The Last Jedi’s release, and I still don’t know where I land on that film...

I really, really enjoy The Force Awakens, and I like The Last Jedi for the most part, but I am nervous as hell for IX; I just think that there’s too much to potentially see and wrap up, and far too little time to do that in — at least when compared to the original trilogy, or even the prequel trilogy, because at this point with those films we knew the general direction that their plots were going in. 

Hopefully we’re only a month or so out from a title reveal, and I’d love to see something prior to Star Wars Celebration in April, but yeah, I’m much more excited for pretty much everything else Lucasfilm has planned for Star Wars right now ::shrug:

There probably felt like a lot to wrap up at the end of Empire and that turned out ok, and a ton happened in Revenge of the Sith, much as I try and forget that horrible, horrible film. I'm actually very confident in IX, I think JJ will do a good job and that's from someone who (for the most part) loved Last Jedi. The only part I'm nervous about is how they'll deal with Carrie Fisher. I'm thrilled she'll be in it, I'm just worried it won't work particularly well. A really tough job they have.

So, that’s a wrap on BB-8 for Episode IX...

sclv5glkz0e21.jpg

Principal photography should be completed by the middle of the month, so I think we can expect a title announcement in the coming weeks. We probably won’t be getting a trailer until mid-April at Star Wars Celebration, as it lines up far too perfectly with the release of Avengers: Endgame (typically trailers are released within the two week window prior to a film which they are aiming to be attached to). 

Any thoughts on a possible title for the film? I’ve been backing A New Order: it harkens back to A New Hope, but is also ambiguous in a way that both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi brought to the table. 

BB-8 has been one of the (many IMO) standout highlights of the sequels so far, fantastic design, personality, character.

On 01/02/2019 at 10:26 PM, Julius said:

Any thoughts on a possible title for the film? I’ve been backing A New Order: it harkens back to A New Hope, but is also ambiguous in a way that both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi brought to the table. 

I could see something like that. The Force Awakens would have actually made a good title for Last Jedi, or at least, the last scene of the Last Jedi. Something that describes Ep IX but also hints at the state of the galaxy post-Skywalker saga maybe.

Aaaaaaaand filming has officially wrapped! 

Just over ten months to go! It's time for the cogs in the promotional onslaught to finally start churning! :D

We should be getting a title soon, surely? Perhaps even by the end of the month? Can't see them holding onto it until April...