NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Nindies Showcase Presentation (30/08)

I thought I recognized Kentucky route 0.. That's a strange Nindie announcement. Also Ana Purna's involvement is strange, I didn't know they did games.. May double dip for support.

TRAVIS!!!!!!!!

Edit:
Ok, so I don't think it's quite the No more Heroes 3.. If I understand thins correctly? I'm getting it regardless.

I'll rewatch the video later, and post my comments on the complete list. Plenty of cool games among them.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

Was a good little presentation, though I would have liked some more solid release dates. Will definitely be picking up Kentucky Route Zero, Mulaka and Yono.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm disappointed by the lack of news/date in regards to Stardew Valley, Yooka-Laylee and Hollow Knight. :(

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm disappointed by the lack of news/date in regards to Stardew Valley, Yooka-Laylee and Hollow Knight. :(

Agreed. But I think those games are considered too big for being indie-titles in some way. Those three have their own fanbase whereas the rest of the show was more focused on new and smaller games in general - bar Shovel Knight and Steamworld Dig.

Yeah I bought it was a little strange. They did say there were some more announcements coming at pax. 

I thought mulaka look appalling. Worst game by some distance. 

Games im excited for - golf story, floor kids, battle chef brigade, morphies law, no more heroes spin off, meat boy 2, dig 2!

they released loads of trailers for other games too, runner 3 will be amazing by now 2018 :( and a game called away interests me lots. 

Wulver Blade - I don't normally like game that bloody, but it's a hand-drawn brawler and it looks bloomin' awesome!

Earth Atlantis - Yep, I want this.

Dragon: Marked for Death - Not the most pleasant title, but looks like IntiCreates' most interesting game yet!  Proper 2D!

Nine Parchments - I'm intrigued, as long as I don't have to control the other players too much (ie. does it have good A.I.?)

I didn't watch the presentation live, but coming in and giving the video a quick glance, it seems there was some pretty good stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, killthenet said:

Was a good little presentation, though I would have liked some more solid release dates. Will definitely be picking up Kentucky Route Zero, Mulaka and Yono.

Hehe that's close to a Greek swear word.

Only got a chance to see the NMH trailer earlier but just seen the Pikuniku one and 😍😍😍

I'm thinking of picking up Floor Kids for the art style alone! Beautiful

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I'm thinking of picking up Floor Kids for the art style alone! Beautiful

I might do the same :). I'm not sure if I'm interested oin the actual gameplat at all, but the animations are gorgeous.

7 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Feels very much like Sony's Indie showings in the first few years of the PS4

I'm just hoping we don't have to wait too long for a lot of them. I mean, we are still waiting for solid release dates for a bunch that were shown off in the previous Indie Direct.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

13 hours ago, Sméagol said:

TRAVIS!!!!!!!!

Edit:
Ok, so I don't think it's quite the No more Heroes 3.. If I understand thins correctly? I'm getting it regardless.

I'll rewatch the video later, and post my comments on the complete list. Plenty of cool games among them.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes from Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture: Seven years have passed since the events of No More Heroes, and The Bad is determined to exact his revenge on Travis Touchdown. Just like the original cult classic, players will have to battle through multiple punk-rock levels and defeat over-the-top bosses. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch in 2018. More details about the game will be revealed in the future.

Sounds like NMH3 to me.  Also sounds like the Nindie games that will feature in it will just take the place of the minigame jobs from the first two games.

Also, there's a chance that they'll just add a number to the title later on.  NMH2 was originally just titled No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle (and everyone thought that it meant that it would be a DS game when we first heard the name), until at some point where they added the number 2 to the title.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm just hoping we don't have to wait too long for a lot of them. I mean, we are still waiting for solid release dates for a bunch that were shown off in the previous Indie Direct.

This is a suspiciously different reply to the first one I read from you :p 

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

This is a suspiciously different reply to the first one I read from you :p 

I didn't want to get into the PS4/Vita thing. I figured it was best to keep it Switch focused for the sake of this thread. :D

In terms of NMH, I could never get into it. I played through most of the first game but never actually finished it. I haven't touched the sequel. Shame, otherwise this announcement would have be a big deal, just like it is for a lot of other gamers. 

My most anticipated title from the lineup has got to be this.

dragon-marked-for-death.jpg

Inti Creates games have been great on the Switch so far, so i'm very much looking forward to this next one.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I didn't want to get into the PS4/Vita thing. I figured it was best to keep it Switch focused for the sake of this thread. :D

Lol yeah I figured.

Just to clarify my comment for anyone wondering. The comparison with Sony was a positive one as they put a lot of effort behind Indies in those early PS4 years and it looks like Nintendo are doing similar work now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Lol yeah I figured.

Just to clarify my comment for anyone wondering. The comparison with Sony was a positive one as they put a lot of effort behind Indies in those early PS4 years and it looks like Nintendo are doing similar work now.

Nintendo have more of an incentive to get behind these devs than Sony because it's all they have (and is probably all they're gonna get).  They actually have been very supportive before in a more quiet fashion, but it seems like only now they're starting to actually moneyhat exclusives.  Makes sense with the situation they're in, but I wonder how long it'll continue...

Amazing line-up in that sizzle reel. Great to see such huge support for indies from Nintendo, you got the feeling other manufacturers don't care about them anymore.

Nintendo first party and loads of indies is pretty much how I want to game now, so much so that I’m not getting the only other console game I was going to get this year - battlefront 2, loved the first, obsessed with Star Wars, but just not going to bother. Time is not something I have too much of anymore. 

I'm a bit confused about the timing for tonight's Nindies @ Night livestream, any idea for people in the UK?

Sign in to follow this