NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon Gold & Silver (3DS eShop)

I'm surprised we don't have a topic for this already, at least I couldn't find one. If there is a one kicking about then a mod/admin can just throw my post into that thread.

The reason I was looking for one was because of a topic that popped up on Gaf the other day. GlitterBerri has posted information about the 1997 SpaceWorld demo. It's a very interesting read and well worth a look if you want some insight into the early build of the game.

HERE

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm surprised we don't have a topic for this already,

Really, because I'm not.

Them Genwunners, anything Red/Blue, they go mental, but anything else and...

I personally am not interested because Crystal isn't there. Why bother when you don't get the best version?

Shiny boxes containing download codes will be released. For you physical nutjobs out there.

DHgSaAwWAAEpjI3?format=jpg&name=small

Still no Crystal, so a big nope from me.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

So you just get an empty box to put on your shelf? Great...

You'd be amazed at how much of a selling point that can be for some people. Isn't that right, @Dcubed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Shiny boxes containing download codes will be released. For you physical nutjobs out there.

DHgSaAwWAAEpjI3?format=jpg&name=small

I need that empty box. Yup, this edition is for me.

I like how it's a GB/GBC style cardboard box.  And shiny too, just like the originals :D

• Like 1

Crystal on the way at some point?

Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver are the newest releases on the 3DS Virtual Console. However, the third game in the series has been left out. Currently no announcements have been made about bringing Pokemon Crystal to the Virtual Console. Interestingly though, one dataminer says he’s found code that could point to Crystal launching eventually.

Apparently, data was found within a patch in the ROM fileworks for Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver on 3DS. This is the same person who initially leaked the existence of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions, which was eventually announced at E3 earlier in the year.

3yGgoPh.gif

Look how shocked I am!

Seriously, if you willingly buy this, you have no right to complain when Crystal inevitably releases.

I bought both and I will buy Crystal too, if it get's a boxed release that is ;)

Edited by markderoos

The boxed editions are even cardboard?! Not plastic cases or anything but cardboard with just a slip with a code inside it... this is nuts. Sorry guys but this is really blowing my mind that anyone would want this (though the boxes look nice at least).

S

31 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

The boxed editions are even cardboard?! Not plastic cases or anything but cardboard with just a slip with a code inside it... this is nuts. Sorry guys but this is really blowing my mind that anyone would want this (though the boxes look nice at least).

It's supposed to be a nice throwback to when the first games came out. Considering that the boxed version is only an extra quid over the eShop version, I think it's a bargain just to have something as nice as these on the gaming shelf.

I just picked them both up at Argos on my lunch break. I was hoping a local retailer would have them in stock as I didn't trust the postie to deliver them without crushing the boxes, which is what has happened to people on other forums.

• Like 1

It would have been cool if they'd included a dummy Game Boy cartridge in there too, would definitely have picked up the boxed version if that was the case. I'm definitely going to buy Silver as it's one of my favourite games but want to finish Metroid first. 

47 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'll be giving this a try. :D

If the method in that video isn't "trade hatched starters with your god damn friends like you're supposed to", they missed a golden opportunity to be funny.

Yeah, I know it's talking about a glitch, but still.

At least with this, people can correct their horrible, horrible mistake and go with Totodile instead.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's supposed to be a nice throwback to when the first games came out. Considering that the boxed version is only an extra quid over the eShop version, I think it's a bargain just to have something as nice as these on the gaming shelf.

I just picked them both up at Argos on my lunch break. I was hoping a local retailer would have them in stock as I didn't trust the postie to deliver them without crushing the boxes, which is what has happened to people on other forums.

Didn't think Argos would have them!

Damn you for bringing this to my attention. :D

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'll be giving this a try. :D

Well, I'll be damned :o I knew about the cloning glitch, but I didn't know it could be used this way! Almost two decades later, and I'm still learning new stuff about this game.

Does trading between the English release and the Japanese version work? Kinda want a Slowking.

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Does trading between the English release and the Japanese version work? Kinda want a Slowking.

I think the GBA games were the first to allow it, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Oh wow! Mystery Gift actually still works! They emulated it using the 3DS' IR port! Awesome! :D

I wonder if it actually works with a real copy and a GBC... (or a Pocket Pikachu for that matter...)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Oh wow! Mystery Gift actually still works! They emulated it using the 3DS' IR port! Awesome! :D

OK, that's cool! I was expecting it to work wirelessly.

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I wonder if it actually works with a real copy and a GBC... (or a Pocket Pikachu for that matter...)

You have a copy and a GBC though? Why haven't we tried this yet?

EDIT: Oh, bugger. I forgot that Mystery Gift isn't available from the start. Never mind.

Edited by Glen-i

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, that's cool! I was expecting it to work wirelessly.

You have a copy and a GBC though? Why haven't you tried this yet?

I wasn't expecting it to work at all! Now I'm even more annoyed that SMB DX has no support for IR communications on 3DS...

I haven't tried it because I'm out at work you dummy! I'm gonna try it when I get home! (Unless you and @Ugh first aid beat me to it...)

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this