NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nekunando

The threat of the unannounced remaster/remake/re-release!

I've just moved into my new house and gaming time has been frustratingly scarce.. almost entirely absent, in fact :hmm:

In the process of packing and unpacking boxes, though, I've seen so many games jumping out to me that I really want to play again and even some that I'd like to play for the first time! Unfortunately, ever since the Nintendo Switch was released I've had a feeling that I want to wait for many of these games to be released on Switch before I decide to play them again even though there is no guarantee that we will see many of them on the console.

Classics such as Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong Country will almost certainly reach the Switch in due course (They better :angry:) but when I look at games like Metroid Prime and Luigi's Mansion, I'm left wondering if I should wait for Gamecube games potentially making it out on the console in the future or if I should give in and play them now in their original glory. I'd love to see both of those, and many others, in HD though!

Have any of you been holding off on playing games in the hope for updated versions coming in the future? The lack of insight into the Switch Virtual Console is becoming increasingly frustrating :heh:

• Like 1

No. I don't really see the point in that. If you've already got Super Mario 64 or Luigi's Mansion, then you can just play that. I don't really see the sense in waiting for a Virtual Console release when you've already got it in your possession and can play it any time that you want. For free.

There's a difference between that and, say, the possibility for a remake of a game that you've never played on a console that you may or may not have owned. I never had a PS3, so I waited for and then picked up The Last of Us: Remastered on release because it made sense to do so. 

If the game has a lot of work done to it and has some new content included, then I can see some sense in it. But, to be honest, the whole VC thing has been milked to death and I just actively avoid it now. Why re-live old memories when you can make new ones?

Been waiting for a Metroid II remake since Zero Mission since I missed it on the Gameboy originally, although I played it when it came out on the 3DS VC, but it's been awhile since I played if that sorta counts.

I want to play the PS3 Trails of... games (at some point...) but don't really want to hook up my PS3 any more, thankfully they are getting PC ports

I just generally expect everything non 1st party to come to PC these days.  Yes, even Dragon Quest 11 doesn't seem too far fetched anymore.

Just holding out for NiOh and Project Diva Future Tone.  I could get them on PS4, but I'd just rather play them on PC :p

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this