NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
oxygenuk

the ps3 and how it worrys consumers and may fail

Considering the website is in the Microsoft network it doesn't surprise me that such a story has been publicised.

The problem is that Sony have the most to loose...........and they will almost certainly suffer in the home console market....but by how much we don't know yet.

The whole HD-DVD vs Blueray is a whole lot more important, and the PS3 plays a massive part in that. If Sony fails to get the PS3 out in all regions by the end of this year then they are going to be in some deep shit in both the console market and the storage medium race.

I say HD-DVD ftw though.

Well being an MS site i am hardly surprised. a few things got at me.

1) stating that the rev was a multimedia hub or something? Nintendo have said it is a gaming machine pure and simple.

2) they state that the Rev is going to loose money on the machine. how do they know? no one knows the specs or components so how do they know the cost of making the console. we dont know the retail price of the console either.

so basically buy the X-Box 360 it is the best. bull shit.

2) they state that the Rev is going to loose money on the machine. how do they know? no one knows the specs or components so how do they know the cost of making the console. we dont know the retail price of the console either.

Nintendo will never sell their consoles at a loss, and that's fact. They're just trying to justify the stupid amount that Microsoft have invested over the last 4 years to get the Xbox brand into peoples homes.

PS3 wont fail, sony has a plan and i've realised it.

They have the brand.

They have the multimedia hub.

They have the features.

They have the HD-DVD player.

They have the big games.

They have the huge fan base.

With all those, how can they fail? They've got multimedia functions built into a gaming system, so that justifies the price. You have all that built into a game console, and no doubt you'l make a saving if you bought a PS3 other than those things individually.

Then the fanbase comes in, they'l buy it at whatever price (PS2 was easily sold at 1000 quid on ebay when it became sold out, so will £400-500 make a difference? (I think not)

The only thing disheartening to Sony fans is that the actual console does NOT exsist. All they've got is dev kits and conceptual models, with no technology inside them, just plastic coating.

I really wonder how Sony can launch this thing in may, but theres a few months to manufacture it, who knows what they have up their sleeves?

actually the ps3 has no hd-dvd player. they have a blu-ray player, as sony bets on this format. and multimedia hub? this word fits the x360 much more in my opinion. what about the connectivity to a pc?

PS3 wont fail, sony has a plan and i've realised it.

They have the brand.

They have the multimedia hub.

They have the features.

They have the HD-DVD player.

They have the big games.

They have the huge fan base.

With all those, how can they fail? They've got multimedia functions built into a gaming system, so that justifies the price. You have all that built into a game console, and no doubt you'l make a saving if you bought a PS3 other than those things individually.

Then the fanbase comes in, they'l buy it at whatever price (PS2 was easily sold at 1000 quid on ebay when it became sold out, so will £400-500 make a difference? (I think not)

The only thing disheartening to Sony fans is that the actual console does NOT exsist. All they've got is dev kits and conceptual models, with no technology inside them, just plastic coating.

I really wonder how Sony can launch this thing in may, but theres a few months to manufacture it, who knows what they have up their sleeves?

If I were you I'd worry more about how much of a loss they're going to make, what with the price of Blueray players and no killer apps at launch.

If I were you I'd worry more about how much of a loss they're going to make, what with the price of Blueray players and no killer apps at launch.

I totally forgot about the blueray players.

But remember, sony is a company that is known for its success. They wont under price the PS3, they'l get some profit most definitly.

No killer apps at the launch could be a problem at the start, but remember, a hell lot of revenue in the west is the movies. In the east, it will definitly have problems with the killer apps.

Also, i wont be worrying. Sony are slowly killing off the industry, its made many minds think that graphics make a game, when it doesnt. What brought so many new players in, will push so many out.

The thing is though, it's amazing how many people just don't care about that. I work in a co-op (yeah nothing game wise), but I chat to customers about games and stuff and it's amazing how many just want to buy a PS3, yet they know nothing about it. It's really crazy how it's going by just the name.

sayin they are going to fail is all a bit harshand even quite redicules. even if they do have to sell 8 games to x boxes 4.3 games i think they they will do it just fine.

i say this becaus when the last consol war was takin place most people i new or saw had around 6 plystation games to 2 x boxs games. mostly down to the playability, and shelf life of each game... im not sayin this is hard fact and i am aware the station2 was out first last time round, but like i said the shelf life of a ps2 game was far better than most box games

iv seen people buy 3 copies for what ever reason/ lost,robbed ect of pro evo

thats some fan base that you cant deni. and i no thats just one game but they have many more titles that will keep them afloat.

all that aboout no info, so its lookin a bit shifty, a bit like the rev tho and ninty wont fail and go belly up nor will sony........the better of two evils

The thing is though, it's amazing how many people just don't care about that. I work in a co-op (yeah nothing game wise), but I chat to customers about games and stuff and it's amazing how many just want to buy a PS3, yet they know nothing about it. It's really crazy how it's going by just the name.

Same at our work (Game). Its amazing how many customers are like "Whens the PS3 coming out" and we give a Septemberish guess, then they ask us stuff like price, games and details and the like. They don't know anything about it and they don't care.

"(MSNBC.com is a Microsoft - NBC joint venture.)" That their way of saying "We're bias"?

Yeah...I think that's really sad. I mean, I think the PS2's okay, and people may think I'm biased when I say things since I pref Nintendo, but I really hate how people are saying things like "The PS3 will be out soon so I'll be getting it" and that kinda thing when they know nothing about it.

High costs for games and the console itself puts me right off, as well as the Blu-ray.

The PS3 defintely wont fail, I just dont think it will dominate like the PS2 did (due to not having a head start plus being alot more costly to make) dispite me not being a Sony fan at all, its hard to ignore that the word "PlayStation" is said so many times in conversations with gamers in the public, the playstation brand is solid for now and it will hold for now but I do think that Microsoft in the end will top Sony.

Personally id like it to be Nintendo but Microsoft seems to be going for the biggest threat and that is Sony and with Sony having such costs in order to create the consoles. It does seem like a fiancial risk, however reputation is a big seller and dispite the suspected retail price of the PS3, its going to still do well im sure.

A good launch lineup doesn't matter for Sony. Don't you remember the PS2 launch?

SSX and Driving Emotion Type S, anyone?

the PS3 will do ok. but it is beyond that. if they keep going the way they are it will be difficult to see them staying up. microsoft are sorted they have a massive piggy bank to call on when they need it. Sony not so much.

Sony's financies are still alright, they do make TVs, DVD players and such and for a long time they've been one of the best models you can go for in the publics opinions. Ironically people who have bought a Xbox 360 may have bought a Sony HD TV to play it on.

Unless Sony split up their financies so the PS3 only gets money earned by the PS2 and games Sony make, then ignore me.

I'm also intrigued about PS3. Asides from brand everything just seems wrong. The blu ray format is just wrong and expensive, the processor is hard to develop, not very suited for games and expensive. Basically forcing developers to make games 1080 will also be bad for developers and costs, it's very late compared to 360 considering they deliver the same thing, it's ugly and it has a horrible controller. Besides, it will be very expensive, they'll sell it at a loss and Sony is very bad financially. But, alas, people are blind when it comes to Playstation and everyone wants one. So, I really don't know what the hell will happen.

If all turns out as we expect (which it most likely will) with a PS3 Thanksgiving release and a high price stamp, things are going to go very odd me thinks. I would initially say that this is probably Sony's time to leave the throne in a similar way to Nintendo in the N64 days. However they seem to be playing pretty dumb at the moment so I'm suspicious that they are brewing something...

If it fails i'll eat my own head.

Ok.. so if the PS3 dosen't have a better lunch than 360 and Revolution you will eat your head?

Pics please :yay:

Sony's financies are still alright, they do make TVs, DVD players and such and for a long time they've been one of the best models you can go for in the publics opinions. Ironically people who have bought a Xbox 360 may have bought a Sony HD TV to play it on.

Unless Sony split up their financies so the PS3 only gets money earned by the PS2 and games Sony make, then ignore me.

erm...I believe that Sony Computer Entertainment have been holding the Electronics part alive lately. And I don't believe that people do think Sony is one of the best models you can go for, they are very poor for such a well known apparently 'quality' company; I have heard people (adults:p) dissing Sony products in general quite a few times.

Sony's finances are not all right they have a huge debt. They're actually really bad.

Sign in to follow this