NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 Coming To Switch

At retail across North America you will find these two games as a combo pack dubbed Resident Evil Revelations Collection, which includes one cartridge with Revelations as well as a digital download voucher for Revelations 2 for $39.99. Both games will be available as individual digital downloads at $19.99 each.

A little later than the other console versions but certainly a welcome addition the Switch library. 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 3

Loved Revelations 1 on the 3DS, and luckily haven't bought Revelations 2 yet via Steam. So I'll be definitely pick this up on the Switch! Strange though that they cannot cram both games on 1 cartridge.

I wonder if they include all the PC DLC?

Revelations 2 is garbage.  I hated my time with it.  Such a disapointment.

Revelations 1 however is great and I will gladly buy it again (should also run at 60FPS on Switch, so it'll play better than ever!) Hopefully it supports Wii Remote style aiming with the Joy-cons!

I'm really waiting for RE4 on Switch though... Come on Capcom! You've put it out on everything else already! Give me portable RE4!

Loved Revelations 1 on the 3DS, and luckily haven't bought Revelations 2 yet via Steam. So I'll be definitely pick this up on the Switch! Strange though that they cannot cram both games on 1 cartridge.

I wonder if they include all the PC DLC?

Revelations 2 is about 23GB on PC, so that's likely why.  Both games combined would require a 32GB card and Capcom probably aren't willing to pony up for the more expensive Game Card.

Edited by Dcubed

I never played the second game but I wasn't overly keen on Resident Evil Revelations.

I kinda hope we eventually get RE4 as I'd love to play through it again, especially if they include motion aiming :grin:

Both great games. Revelations 2 is great. 

So so pleased about this! Yasss Capcom. 

But... :hmm:

I have the original Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS which is fantastic, boxed physical game, great.

I think I downloaded the game on the Wii U as it was very cheap, though I never really felt the urge to play it.

I have Resident Evil Revelations 2 along with all of the other Resi games available on the PS4 so getting the first game to go with them would be great, plus Raid Mode online on PS4 would be amazing! :D

On the Switch though? Great news obviously, having it portable and on the big screen, even better but... One on cartridge and one as a download? Using up valuable space... Yes I have a 200GB card but still, that's for the life of the system hopefully. :p

I might just buy it on the Switch but not download the second game, or sell the code because it sounds like I'd only want to play Revelations 2 once anyway.

Good news overall in any case. :)

My only experience of REV 2 is on the Vita and it was utterly unplayable so i gave in (even tried to get a refund as i couldn't get beyond 30min as it crashed or stuttered so much, but sony no refundy), so i'll be glad to have the chance to play it on a handheld that should* be capable

*unless they port the vita version......

The Vita version wasn't developed or published by Capcom and was only released on the platform because sony paid all development costs.

Can't see the Vita version being the one Capcom uses to port to switch.

It'll most likely be based on the PC version, like the PS4/Xbone versions are.

More importantly, cross fingers that we get Wii Remote style aiming with the Joycons!

22 hours ago, Dcubed said:

It'll most likely be based on the PC version, like the PS4/Xbone versions are.

More importantly, cross fingers that we get Wii Remote style aiming with the Joycons!

You might want to shatter those dreams now. Capcom can't even be bothered to localise MonHun.

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

You might want to shatter those dreams now. Capcom can't even be bothered to localise MonHun.

Well, Capcom did say that Street Fighter performed better than expected so they will ramp up their Switch game development. To be honest, I would like them to start making some fresh content for Switch instead of ports or upgrades.

38 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Well, Capcom did say that Street Fighter performed better than expected so they will ramp up their Switch game development. To be honest, I would like them to start making some fresh content for Switch instead of ports or upgrades.

Most of their games, no matter the console, are ports or have been funded by other companies. Capcom aren't really in a healthy state. They spent too much time and money chasing markets that they had no business chasing. Monster Hunter has been a life saver for them and even that isn't as strong as it used to be due to them milking the franchise dry. It will be interesting to see just what happens to the company if Monster Hunter World doesn't meet their expectations because they are betting big with that game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Most of their games, no matter the console, are ports or have been funded by other companies. Capcom aren't really in a healthy state. They spent too much time and money chasing markets that they had no business chasing. Monster Hunter has been a life saver for them and even that isn't as strong as it used to be due to them milking the franchise dry. It will be interesting to see just what happens to the company if Monster Hunter World doesn't meet their expectations because they are betting big with that game.

Yes true on the funding and on the MH overkill. And I am really curious to see how MH: World will perform, I really doubt if they can meet their expectations there. And with SFV also not performing well I wonder how long they can hold out. Too bad, it was one of my favourite devs with series like Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Mega Man (and smaller titles like Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts).

2 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Yes true on the funding and on the MH overkill. And I am really curious to see how MH: World will perform, I really doubt if they can meet their expectations there. And with SFV also not performing well I wonder how long they can hold out. Too bad, it was one of my favourite devs with series like Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Mega Man (and smaller titles like Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts).

It's annoying as they have these great IPs but have completely misused them. Dead Rising was a great series but they turned it in to something that fans hated. Breath of Fire has a great history and solid fanbase but they decided to make BoFVI on mobile. Incidentally this got announced as being shut down just the other day. Resident Evil has completely lost it's way, Megaman is only alive due to collection games, their fighting games ( Street Fighter & MvC ) aren't performing or looking great. The whole company is just a mess all because they chased the mobile market and decided to farm out game development and IP to western developers last generation.

I thought Resident Evil VII received excellent reviews with comments that it had returned to its roots?

29 minutes ago, Blade said:

I thought Resident Evil VII received excellent reviews with comments that it had returned to its roots?

Critically it done great but from a sales point of view it's a massive drop off compared to RE6. Many fans, myself included, weren't happy with the change to first person and it could be argued that this has effected the sales of VII in a negative way.

I slagged 7 off to high heaven before I played it and when I did I took it all back. 

It still remains one of the best games I've played all year and it really does go back to its survival horror roots. The fact that it isn't third person very quickly fades away to insignificance as the story and gameplay grip you. 

But it could have easily not been a RE game. Until the ending. And the DLC should also explain a lot more when that eventually gets released too. 

Apologies for slight off topic. :D

Happy with tbis, decent price, never played the second, raid mode. Definitely pick it up. 

Capcom? Effort? Impossible! What is this bizarro universe that has given me this most awesome of versions? Thank you, Street Fighter fans!

• Like 2

Is it actual pointer controls?  I think the only other game to make use of this at the minute is World of Goo.  Remember we have no sensor bar any more so it makes centering difficult.

Thats great to hear, the only negative seems to be that Revelations 2 doesn't come loaded onto the cartridge, I'd like to buy it physically having not played the second entry but it seems a bit pointless to me if I only get the first one on cartridge. Would also be nice to be able to lend it to my brother because I think he'd enjoy it, otherwise i'm really looking forward to getting the collection.

12 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

Is it actual pointer controls?  I think the only other game to make use of this at the minute is World of Goo.  Remember we have no sensor bar any more so it makes centering difficult.

Well it'll be just like how it's done in World of Goo/Zelda BOTW, since there's no sensor bar.

What they'll probably do is have the game re-centre the cursor when you press the aiming button.  Should be a pretty elegant solution here :) 

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this