NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2017-18

That's just strange. Very messily handled. Really surprised if they've not even attempted to go for Pochettino. 

Lol, now Spain have just sacked their manager the day before the World Cup.

• Like 1

Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with the Spanish FA? By all accounts he had done a fantastic job with the team and this can only negatively affect the players now so close to the start of the tournament. Absolutely ridiculous decision, its not like there isn't precedent for international managers announcing they're leaving to take on a club job before the start of a competition, it was common knowledge that Bobby Robson was going to join PSV after the 1990 World Cup and that didn't exactly impact the players did it? I think it was the same with Van Gaal at the last World Cup, everyone knew he was going to leave to take the United job and they got to the semi finals. 

Who is going to take charge of Spain now? Will they fly in Del Bosque and get him to manage the team? 

• Like 1

That’s absolutely disgusting, and the blame can’t at all be put on Lopetegui for this. Even with @killthenet‘s great examples aside, Real are the ones who decided to share it with their players, not Lopetegui, and the Real players are the ones who shared it with other members of the team, which is what resulted in the premature announcement yesterday. By all means, this was supposed to be kept under wraps until Spain’s World Cup was over. I’m reading that Rubiales made the decision simply because he didn’t want players being given less of an opportunity because they are/aren’t Madrid players, but that’s a really odd one, considering that the squad submission date was a few weeks ago; there’s not much that can be changed now about who’s already there, so it’s just odd.

Del Bosque could return, but I’m not sure how many would take to it after their two previous tournaments, and I feel like his return could fly in the face of the fundamental changes that have been made to the national team since then. Luis Enrique has been out of action as a manager since the end of last season, but surely he’d also be a good shout? I’m very concerned if they’re planning to go to the World Cup with a sporting director or untested assistant manager at the helm. Based on their time under Lopetegui, and on paper, Spain need a strong and experienced leader to try to steer them back to the top of international football. Anything less just won’t do. 

Today's the day.

Haven't been in World Cup-mood for the past few weeks, but when I woke up this morning I was pumped :D

Will watch the opening match with a mate a one or two beers :peace:

Holy cow, Saudi Arabia were horrible. Was a good opener, though. Good for the Russian team to start the World Cup with 5 goals. :)

Should we make a separate thread for the World Cup or use this one for all the talk?

Holy cow, Saudi Arabia were horrible. Was a good opener, though. Good for the Russian team to start the World Cup with 5 goals.
Should we make a separate thread for the World Cup or use this one for all the talk?
Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Sign in to follow this