NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2017-18

29 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

So does anyone know if the final will be stuck on BT Sport as well?

I think part of the deal is that both finals have to be available to all, so it'll be on BT sport but available on YouTube and BT showcase so will be free. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

You could go back to the Man City game and look at numerous decisions there, too. I don't really believe in the whole "swings and roundabouts" thing as it's a bit of a cop-out tbh and all it does is justify and excuse poor refereeing. The referee, for whatever reason, chose not to give those decisions when (according to the rules) they should have. Those decisions change the course of matches and it has a knock-on effect. E.g. if the referee gives a penalty and sends a player off, it completely alters a team's performance and approach to the game. Two decisions aren't equal just because they're both penalties and "oh if they have one for this, then we should have one for that" etc. There's too many other factors to take into account too, such as the timing of that penalty (giving a penalty and a red card in the 1st minute is vastly different to a penalty and red card in the 91st minute, for example), so the swings and roundabouts logic is inherently flawed because it implies that two decisions are completely equal, when they could easily not be for a variety of factors.

Not saying that Liverpool didn't deserve to go through. It's good to have a British side there in the final. But, the refereeing behind them getting to that position really fucking sucks, is inexcusable and makes a mockery on the sport. In my opinion.

You said yourself further above those 2 penalties could have changed the game, but as you say the whole flow of the game would have been changed completely. So this second penalty they could have been awarded might never existed. We'll never know. 😊

I agree the refereeing is poor and does need looked at. 

Just now, James said:

You said yourself further above those 2 possible penalties could have changed the game, but as you say the whole flow of the game would have been changed completely. So this second penalty they could have been awarded might never existed. We'll never know. 😊

I agree the refereeing is poor and does need looked at. 

Work is gonna be torture tonight, not gonna find out the result til full time.
Well no one will know the result until full time...

18 minutes ago, bob said:
1 hour ago, Emerald Emblem said:
Work is gonna be torture tonight, not gonna find out the result til full time.

Well no one will know the result until full time...

You know what I was trying to say, not being able to keep up with how the game is going and all that. THAT will be the torture.

You know what I was trying to say, not being able to keep up with how the game is going and all that. THAT will be the torture.
It's probably better for your mental health this way anyway. Just one big whammy of disappointment at the end rather than the standard Arsenal rollercoaster.

Same old story. Diego Costa coming back to haunt us yet again. Well it's time to look forward to next season. Just couldn't get that European Trophy in the end. Merci Arsene. 

Edited by Emerald Emblem

3 hours ago, Emerald Emblem said:

Same old story. Diego Costa coming back to haunt us yet again. Well it's time to look forward to next season. Just couldn't get that European Trophy in the end. Merci Arsene. 

Yeah. A real shame as it would’ve been a brilliant send-off for one of the great Premier League managers.

Gerrard has gone to Rangers. As a Celtic fan I hope he fails miserably. As a football fan I hope he's a success. Never been so torn.

4 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Gerrard has gone to Rangers. As a Celtic fan I hope he fails miserably. As a football fan I hope he's a success. Never been so torn.

I haven't given much of a stuff about Rangers since the late 90s (They had a pretty good team then..) and I was young and they were essentially the team for 'prods' over here in Northern Ireland.

There's still a part of me that would love to see them take Celtic and Rodgers down a peg or two and Gerrard will certainly increase my interest a little but I'd be lying if I said I was overly bothered.

I hope he does well but I won't lose any sleep over it if he doesn't!

Shocking result tonight. Man U just didn't show up and Brighton looked the most dangerous for most of the game. Congrats to them as that result meant they are secure in the Premier League for another season

21 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Shocking result tonight. Man U just didn't show up and Brighton looked the most dangerous for most of the game. Congrats to them as that result meant they are secure in the Premier League for another season

That will hopefully be good for us on the final day if we need a result as they won't need to go for it against us!

Also, loving James Milner :grin:

Gotta say, loving the fight West Brom are putting up. It would be amazing if they manage to stay up.

51 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Gotta say, loving the fight West Brom are putting up. It would be amazing if they manage to stay up.

Same, I think Darren Moore has done a really great job. They were written off by everyone in the weeks before and after Pardew got sacked but he's really bought the best out of the squad. If Southampton lose today and draw with Swansea in midweek then West Brom would stay up if Saints and Swansea lost and they won on the final day, this Everton match doesn't seem like its going to get a goal though. 

EDIT: Gah, spoke too soon. Southampton must have scored just as I posted this, means the Baggies are down as things stand.

Edited by killthenet

I see Ferguson is very ill in hospital at the moment, gonna have emergency surgery tonight

We've looked garbage again today. No creativity going forward. Salah has turned very ball greedy these past couple of weeks and him diving to the floor in this game screams of desperation.

Be hilarious if we don't win the Champions League and end up losing out on the top 4 on the last day of the season. Questions will certainly be asked of Klopp if that happens.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

We've looked garbage again today. No creativity going forward. Salah has turned very ball greedy these past couple of weeks and him diving to the floor in this game screams of desperation.

Be hilarious if we don't win the Champions League and end up losing out on the top 4 on the last day of the season. Questions will certainly be asked of Klopp if that happens.

Hmm.. not sure if hilarious is the right word. Heartbreaking, perhaps :sad:

Edited by nekunando

Great result for us today, but there’s still a lot for us to do if we’re to secure Champions League football for next season; even if Tottenham draw mid-week and we win our next two games, we’ll more than likely still be at a disadvantage because of relatively inferior goal difference (-9 in comparison). So yeah, still a big uphill battle for us. Not quite sure why we decide to always do everything the hard way, but we took a mid-season siesta which has come back to bite us in the behind. It’s nice to see the lads have a bit of grit between their teeth now.

@Hero-of-Time, I wouldn’t be too worried if I were you. I think it’s much more likely that Tottenham drop points in their remaining two games than you in your final one.

I’m not too worried about today, to be honest. Champions League qualification is now out of our hands (well, I mean, it has been for a few months); all we can do is win against Newcastle and pray to the footballing gods that Liverpool lose to Brighton. It’s not impossible, but I do feel that it will be undeserved if we do qualify, because we took our foot off the pedal for a few costly months and Liverpool have played excellently for most of the season. 

It’s going to be a real shame if Conte ends up leaving. I’ve said it before, but our squad was far too small at the start of the season, and he hasn’t been backed up in the transfer market like he should have been, which is the very same reason for which he left Juve. Tactically, clearly, he’s one of the best, but our squad has been in need of a minor overhaul for years now, and a major one if he was going to ever have a team suited to his style of play. 

Ref is having a mare in our game. Two hand balls ( one was a pen ) and now Salah brought down in the box. Nothing given for any incident. Can't help but laugh. :D 

Sign in to follow this