NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2017-18

Should've scored at least two more goals and not conceded that equalizer. How badly can you defend? :nono:

1-1 after 90 minutes would probably be the end for us. We have to win and not concede another goal. Come on, it was looking good for most of the first half :peace:

34 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

It was the same case when we were up against Courtois in the semi-finals a few seasons ago. I think it was supposed to be the case that the club which has the player on loan paid the parent club a fixed sum, but I think that was abolished as a result of it being argued for a semi-final. 

It’s allowed because a player can only be registered to appear for one club in Europe currently, so they’d just be register to the club that they’re on loan at. I don’t think it’s too much of a conflict of interests (though I do think it walks a fine line), considering that the player out on loan will  presumably want to prove themselves to their parent club (hence why they’re on loan) - even if it means proving themselves against them. 

Plus, I’m not a fan of how James was handled by Real, so I’m glad that he might get a chance to prove himself to them over the course of this tie :p 

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with that rule. I remember the Courtois incident and couldn't believe that he was allowed to play, especially as he is such a prominent and arguably the most important player on the pitch...the goalkeeper! 

Why don't we just score own goals? Would be easier than to give the opponent the ball and chase after them...

Well, it was good while it lasted. I'm very pessimistic right now.

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Why don't we just score own goals? Would be easier than to give the opponent the ball and chase after them...

Well, it was good while it lasted. I'm very pessimistic right now.

Bayern are having quite a few chances...the ball just won't go in.

4 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Bayern are having quite a few chances...the ball just won't go in.

That's the problem. Should've been 3 or 4 goals but we're just incapable of scoring today...

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

That's the problem. Should've been 3 or 4 goals but we're just incapable of scoring today...

Ribery had that awesome chance in the first half, but he couldn't control the ball before shooting. They really needed to take their chances tonight, and it'll probably cost them over the two legs. Not really clinical tonight.

Shame that the semi final is now basically over. I can't see us score 3 or more goals in Madrid, because we will definitely concede at least one, especially considering how we conceded the two goals today. Abysmal defending. :nono:

Probably won't be able to watch the return leg anyways, so...silver linings :D

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Shame that the semi final is now basically over. I can't see us score 3 or more goals in Madrid, because we will definitely concede at least one, especially considering how we conceded the two goals today. Abysmal defending. :nono:

Probably won't be able to watch the return leg anyways, so...silver linings :D

Bayern have to go for it, so it should be a great game to watch. One positive is that they can afford to concede a goal, because they'll still need to score 2 regardless. If Real score, it doesn't necessarily mean the tie is over. So, they're still in it, but it's going to be very hard for them.

Any other Liverpool fans concerned how threadbare the squad is, our midfield is basically the three that finished on Tuesday, all others are injured. The attacking options aren't much better once you look past Salah, mane and firminho

25 minutes ago, James said:

Any other Liverpool fans concerned how threadbare the squad is, our midfield is basically the three that finished on Tuesday, all others are injured. The attacking options aren't much better once you look past Salah, mane and firminho

Yeah, the midfield is looking pretty rough at the moment. We really need to strengthen that in the Summer. As for attacking options, Danny Ings as looked decent since his return and we have Solanke but I think he is absolute garbage and not ready for the first team. Dude could do with being sent out on loan or something to get his confidence and find some form.

9 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Bayern have to go for it, so it should be a great game to watch. One positive is that they can afford to concede a goal, because they'll still need to score 2 regardless. If Real score, it doesn't necessarily mean the tie is over. So, they're still in it, but it's going to be very hard for them.

Yeah, there is a chance but it's quite slim. If Real will put on a similar performance as yesterday (which I highly doubt) we could go through, but we need to be more efficient.

We really should've won this yesterday. I'm stilled annoyed with the result.

Anyway, next Tuesday we have almost nothing to lose (unless we get thrashed 6-0 or something). All or nothing it is!

Edited by drahkon

36 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, the midfield is looking pretty rough at the moment. We really need to strengthen that in the Summer. As for attacking options, Danny Ings as looked decent since his return and we have Solanke but I think he is absolute garbage and not ready for the first team. Dude could do with being sent out on loan or something to get his confidence and find some form.

Maybe we can get origi back from loan, I haven't been particularly impressed with Ings to be fair. 

Wengers last home game in Europe, we have to take an advantage to Spain next Thursday to have any real chance at this. I'd take a 1-0 right now because we don't want to have any away goals against us going into the second leg, but realistically I'd take a draw of any kind.

Atelitico down to 10 men in 9 minutes!!!

Now Simeone has been sent to the stands. COYG!!!! This is a golden opportunity!

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Not convinced both challenges were worthy of a sending off. It was very soft. It'll just mean that Atletico will go very defensive and make it even harder for Arsenal to break them down.

FINALLY!! LACA STRIKES AGAIN!! LET'S GO ARSENAL!! EAERYDTVRTYECEAEXWECWERWXEYRWERCWRTHCEVBJNYKBBTTU!!!!!

That's the most 'Arsenal' performance that I've ever seen. 1-0 up, an extra player up for most of the game...and somehow they turn it into a negative result. Bravo, Arsenal. 

There is only a slither of hope, that Atletico play for the 0-0 at the Wanda Metropolitano and we can nick a goal, that is most likely our best chance at winning this tie. As long as the players go out there and play their hearts out, we have a chance still. I'm hoping Mkhitaryan can play and give us some extra attacking impetus.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

There was a hilarious inevitably about that Atletico equaliser, Arsenal were unlucky not to have scored a couple more because of Oblak's skill in goal but they should have created more opportunities for themselves being a man up for 80 minutes. Hopefully they can nick a couple of goals in Madrid, would be a shame for Wenger to go out without winning a major European trophy.

Rough start for us so far. We had 2 glorious chances that should have been buried and both were terrible misses. Could be one of those games we are the better team but end up getting beat due to our lack of ability to get the ball in the net.

Denied an absolute blatant pen. Shocking decision.

Its been an awful match. Easily the flattest we've looked in a long time.

Sign in to follow this