NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2017-18

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I would have thought you would have been disappointed with a win. One of my best mates is an Arsenal fan and he is hoping they keep losing just so Wenger will get the boot. If you guys get Champions League football via the Europa League then I imagine he will be staying put.

I'll always back the team, whether Wenger bows out at the end of the season or at the end of his contract.

23 hours ago, Emerald Emblem said:

I predicted a 4-0 win for AC Milan, I was not expecting that, Mkhi loves the Europa League doesn't he @Fierce_LiNk

I hear it could have been 4 or 5 nil. But Ostersunds showed this tie isn't won yet.

Mkhi will probably play terribly the next game now. :heh:

Good player when he's on it, but was at times our worst performer when it wasn't working for him. Still think he'll do ok/well at Arsenal.

Awful first half performance by us. The passing has been absolutely atrocious. Man U certainly deserve to be in front.

Bailly has been excellent and I'm loving the link up play between Lukaku and Rashford. The first goal in particular was just absolute class. 

It's only half time though and we need to start the second half strongly. I can quite easily imagine us losing focus and allowing Liverpool back into the game.

2 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Bailly has been excellent and I'm loving the link up play between Lukaku and Rashford. The first goal in particular was just absolute class. 

It's only half time though and we need to start the second half strongly. I can quite easily imagine us losing focus and allowing Liverpool back into the game.

I can't see it, myself. We look completely off today and your defense is looking solid. 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I can't see it, myself. We look completely off today and your defense is looking solid. 

Yeah, but all it takes is one corner or one mis-timed tackle in the box and suddenly the whole game changes. Van Dijk had a free header in the first half and should have scored. So, there will be chances. I'm hopeful that the defence will stand strong and I could see us scoring at least another goal, so I still think/hope we'll win.

I originally had the game down as a 1-1 draw. So...we'll see what happens.

38 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Bailly has been excellent.

You jinxed him, 2-1. He also injured himself scoring that.

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

You jinxed him, 2-1. He also injured himself scoring that.

Yeah, think I should've kept my mouth shut there. :D

Wooooo, full-time. Defended too deep in the second half for my liking, but we took the pressure and limited their chances. Bit annoyed with the Bailly own goal, which was a freak goal and just invited more pressure onto the defence/the game. But, happy with that, more so the first half than the second. I can breathe now. :D

A much better performance from the lads in the second half but still not enough to break Man U down. At least it was a better match than the one that was at Anfield.

I've been out and have missed all of the West Ham drama. Will have to catch it on Match of the Day.

Congratulations Petr Cech on finally getting his 200th clean sheet, even saved a Troy Deeney penalty. Good to see Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan linking up for both second half goals. 

What a scumbag Jamie Carragher is. It will be an outrage if Sky don't sack him.
Come on now. Who amongst us can say that we haven't, from time to time, spat on a 14 year old girl while driving? No one is a saint.

He'll be lucky to keep his job after this. 

Baffles me that people get so invested in football that they would do something like this. Saying that, i've seen the arguments that people have had on here over the years over football, so I guess it's not that surprising. :p 

Just spitting in general has always baffled me. Why would you ever want to do that to someone else.

Really disappointed in Carragher with all of this. I've always liked him and just going off everything else I've heard about him over the years he has always seemed a really nice guy, lot of charity work etc.

Edit: Just reading some comments on the stories and its interesting how many United fans seem to be condemning the fan along with Carra.

Edited by Happenstance

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

He'll be lucky to keep his job after this. 

Baffles me that people get so invested in football that they would do something like this. Saying that, i've seen the arguments that people have had on here over the years over football, so I guess it's not that surprising. :p 

We've not had any really juicy battles on here for a long time. This place is very tame compared to what actually happens in stadiums, in pubs or in the streets. :D

7 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Just spitting in general has always baffled me. Why would you ever want to do that to someone else.

Really disappointed in Carragher with all of this. I've always liked him and just going off everything else I've heard about him over the years he has always seemed a really nice guy, lot of charity work etc.

Edit: Just reading some comments on the stories and its interesting how many United fans seem to be condemning the fan along with Carra.

I do feel that this situation is completely out of character for Carragher. I don't claim to know him in real-life, but he must have been really pushed over the edge to have reacted like that.

The fan does deserve to share some of the blame. I've not read or followed the full incident, but (based on what I heard) the fan was driving around holding a smartphone with his daughter in the car and shouting annoying comments towards Carragher. There's no real need for that. It's just pointless and it only serves to goad the other person.

It's different to a situation where you might be friends or workmates with this person. Poking fun at your friends or colleagues is different to hurling comments at ex-pros who are just going about their business. 

But, Carragher is ultimately in the wrong because what he has done is lawfully and morally wrong. Spitting is disgusting and he should feel ashamed about having done that. He will feel ashamed about it and he might even lose his job over it. But, ultimately, it was a spur of the moment thing and he completely over-reacted. He'll have to live with it. But, I don't like all of this hounding and witch-hunting that is taking place. It's a situation that should have been avoided and has solved no purpose other than to wind someone up and to get them to do something stupid. Baiting, basically. 

Is the driver going to lose his license for driving and operating a phone at the same time?

What Carragher did was shitty but that doesn't excuse the fact that the other guy was breaking the law...

10 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Is the driver going to lose his license for driving and operating a phone at the same time?

What Carragher did was shitty but that doesn't excuse the fact that the other guy was breaking the law...

I've just watched the video and hope some action is taken against the driver, assuming that he is the one filming the incident.

Carragher was stupid to react and should have just wound the window back up. Spitting is disgusting and is horrible. But, the driver is just an absolute prick for going about it that way. Caused a problem and created a situation that just didn't need creating in the first place.

• Like 1

Batshuayi has 7 goals in 8 starts... and we don’t start a forward half the time these days.

Just finished watching the United - Sevilla match.

What the fuck was that?! They should have absolutely destroyed Sevilla over two legs. I said it when he was hired and I'll say it again - Jose is not a United manager and he never will be. To play so defensively against Sevilla is astonishing.

What's worse for United is that they keep investing in big name players as opposed to quality players that are boost their first 11. Lakaku, Lingaard and Rashford are the only players United have that seem remotely interested. Sanchez and Pogba...wow. You could tell the supporters are starting to have enough.

Looking forward to the draw on Friday now. 

Shit game, shit tactics and shit performances from players. Sanchez and Pogba are on huuuuuge contracts and need to start playing like the high profile players that they are supposed to be. 

Lukaku is the only player who can come out of that game with any shred of dignity. Rashford had a few moments, but ultimately it was a very disappointing performance.

Mourinho got it massively wrong over two legs. No idea why he decided to give Sevilla so much respect and backed off that much. We looked miiiiles better when we started to attack after going 2-0 down. If we had played the whole game like we played during the period of play where we scored, then it would have been a different outcome.

Probably the worst European tie I've seen from United in terms of a game over two legs. Both legs were rubbish and tonight was embarrassing. Sevilla played well and deserve to go through, but we rolled and bent over for them. 

• Like 1

I didn't watch the match ( don't have BT ) but I sat and watched Soccer Special on Sky. I think it was Charlie Nicholas who was watching the match and he said Man U were playing far too deep and looked scared to actually go forward. Playing super defensively at home is not something Man U fans want to see and it's a complaint that has been raised many times this season.

That's two Premier League teams now who have thrown their ties away. I'll be shocked if Chelsea get through tonight but stranger things have happened.

3 minutes ago, Kav said:

We may have gone out but at least we attacked!

But your defense was atrocious conceding the three goals (I assume you're a Chelsea supporter). And what the fuck was Courtois doing? :confused:

Is Willian always as good as he was yesterday? He's incredibly fast, has great control of the ball and a good shot. It seems that sometimes he was too fast for his teammates and he was left with no options to pass :D

32 minutes ago, Kav said:

We may have gone out but at least we attacked!

I didn't see the match but apparently you guys played really well and had a go but were just outplayed by a better team. 

Sign in to follow this