NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kaepora_Gaebora

Kaepora's disconnecting nightmare

Technical question that I hope someone can help with; 

So my Xbox One controller started intermittently losing its wireless connection to the console back in 2015 or so. I sent both the controller and the console off to be repaired, with no joy coming from either solution. It wasn't ideal, but I bought a plug and play charger kit and essentially used it as a wired controller.

This has happened across three flats/houses with a Nintendo console next to it which has never had the same issues at all...untill now!

So I've packed my One up to trade in for a One S, because I've got a new TV and want to get 4K whatever going, but also thinking it might just be the console is feeling a bit tired.

As I've done this, my switch joy cons won't wirelessly connect to the console now, which never happened when the Xbox was sat right next to it! 

The router is a completely different room, the TV is a WiFi enabled one and there is a Hard Drive that was connected to the One but now unplugged too near it...so I'm struggling to work out what the issue is as seems more than coincidence that the same issue that was happening to the Xbox is now happening to the Switch...even though it's never happened before.

Any one had a similar issue/any ideas??

Do you have anything in or around your setup which could be causing signal interferance?

It's an odd one, that's for sure.

I think we got our Xbox One consoles around the same time - you likely had yours before mine though - and I've never had any controller issues with mine.

With the Switch Joy-Cons though... we know there is a known issue with some of them connecting to the console but the fact that they had been working perfectly until now, suggests that there might be an outside factor.

Let's see if we can figure this one out, with N-Europe on the case, we'll surely figure it out or at the very least debate it to death. :cool:

Have you tried resyncing your Joycons to the Switch by physically attaching them to the console?

Try doing that and see if that helps (you can try resetting the Switch itself as well).

Bizzarely enough the Xbox One S seems to have cured both issues; Xbox controller fine, Switch fine...

Makes no sense to me, but it did finally force me to buy a Switch pro controller, which is amazing :)

• Like 1

I have the issue of my One S just being shitty. Turn on the TV switch it to the input turn on the console.....no signal through multiple restarts. The controller just flashes the button like its connecting (not the fast syncing flash). Even if it's plugged in. It's fucked. 

Sign in to follow this