NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
V. Amoleo

Photobucket Replacement

Does anybody have any suggestions on an image host to use now that Photobucket have started to charge?

I've started using Imgur. According to their terms of service, you're not allowed to hotlink images, but everyone else seems to do it, so... P0vWW3b.gif

• Like 1

I would look for a simple website host. You pay for it, but you pay much less than the 400 dollars (was it I believe?) Photobucket is asking, and you can hotlink all you want. You even have the option to start a website. If you have the hardware (or are willing to buy it), you could also run your own server.

Wait what?  Photobucket is asking for $400 to hotlink?

Yep, I had to delete my signature saying I had the best mafia game 5 years ago.

I think imgur would work fine. I think that's the go-to these days.

It sounds like a joke, but yes, about three weeks ago they suddenly started requiring a paid subscription to hotlink images. And yes, it's really $400 a year.

But it's $40 a month if you don't pay for a full year in advance, so $400 is a great deal if you think about it.

3 minutes ago, Magnus said:

It sounds like a joke, but yes, about three weeks ago they suddenly started requiring a paid subscription to hotlink images. And yes, it's really $400 a year.

But it's $40 a month if you don't pay for a full year in advance, so $400 is a great deal if you think about it.

Hmm @Shorty how about we charge everyone $300 a year to host their images on N-E?

• Like 3

Thanks for the suggestions!

At the minute I'm self hosting but I don't want to do that long term.

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

Hmm @Shorty how about we charge everyone $300 a year to host their images on N-E?

Direct feed from N-Europe Moderators Board

200.gif

• Like 5

How about Twitter?  It's fine for the Switch screenshots I want to put up.

I'm using Tumblr to hotlink the images for last 5 years now. Can't believe that Photobucket changed their term without warning people in advance and charge a lot of money for it. Won't be surprised if Photobucket lost a lot of regulars/visitors straightaway! 

Sign in to follow this