NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Game of Thrones Season 7

Just another great episode, I felt. Glued to the screen the entire time and one hour every Monday (or however long it is) really isn't enough for me. :heh:

Spoiler

Olennnaaaaaaa! That entire scene and speech with Jamie was a cracking finale for that episode, especially with the death reveal at the very end. Loved it.

Thought the first meeting between Dany and Jon was great, too. (Davos!)

Waiting for Sansa to go full-Littlefinger and betray someone. Any day now.

• Like 1

What a season so far!

Spoiler

I was quite sad that we had to see the Dorne-women go now but I quite like the way Cersei's taking her revenge. Taking Myrcella that way was cruel and unnecessary, so I really think this is fair to some extend - in the show, of course!

Was quite surprised by that sea battle and I think it's weird that A) Yara's ship was so unprotected that Euron could hit it so fast, and 2) that Euron could get so close without being noticed. It really shows how good he really is. Pilou Asbæk does a really good job protraying him, I think, and he has become my favourite character this season.

Olenna dying is sad but probably necessary as well. Her revealing to Jaime that she killed Joffrey was nice. One thought that experience has taught us, though: Is she really dead? If the death is not on-screen, the person is typically not dead in GoT:..

I'm worried about Daenerys and her plans now. How has Cersei been able to foresee what she would do and act accordingly? Will she just unleash her dragons on King's Landing now and lose one or two of them to the crossbow that Qyburn is building.

I had hoped that Jon would just surrender his crown because he didn't care much about it in the first place and just needed Daenerys to listen to him. It's nice to see that he is sensible about the war of the throne, though.

Arya is bad-ass but I'm looking forward to her returning to Winterfell now. It's a shame that Rickon was killed because then all Stark-children could actually be reunited which would be nice. 

Spoiler

Euron feels like someone's Mary Sue self-insert. I think I may actually dislike him more than the Sand Snakes.

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:
Spoiler

Arya is bad-ass but I'm looking forward to her returning to Winterfell now. It's a shame that Rickon was killed because then all Stark-children could actually be reunited which would be nice. 

Spoiler

You may want to rewatch season three...

• Like 2

^True, there is another Stark but he died so long ago that he's forgotten. 

Spoiler

Well, that had me on the edge of my seat! Even though it was a bit too rash of Denaerys it was probably a good decision from her side. Though I wonder how she knew where the Lannisters were and how she, the Dothraki and Tyrion got there so fast. Oh well... time flies when you're having fun, I guess. Hopefully Jaime will survive, being pulled out of the water by Bronn next episode. He is meant to kill Cersei, I'm sure of it so he can't die now.

Arya vs. Brienne was nice and fun but how could Arya block Brienne's sword with her small rapier? 

Bran mocking Littlefinger was a good touch (apparently, Littlefinger used the exact sentence "Chaos is a ladder" in Season 1 speaking in private to Varys - we all remember that, right?) and I'm excited to see where this goes.

Surprised at the lack of comments!! That was an absoloute masterpiece!

EDIT: ah bollocks. how'd you do spoilers now? Was going to point people toward the making of the episode on GOT official youtube. Excellent stuff.

Edited by dan-likes-trees

2 minutes ago, dan-likes-trees said:

Surprised at the lack of comments!! That was an absoloute masterpiece!

EDIT: ah bollocks. how'd you do spoilers now? Was going to point people toward the making of the episode on GOT official youtube. Excellent stuff.

The spoiler tag is the icon that looks like an eye. Click it, then add a heading. Then, just type into the box.

Spoiler

Yeah, it was superb. Loved the scene of Dany and Jon in the cave. Arya's fight with Brienne was fucking amazing and the final battle is up there with what we saw in an episode like Hardhome, Blackwater or The Battle of the Bastards. Just superb.

Episode was tooooo short, though. 

Spoiler

I just loved the look on Jaimie and Bronn's faces when they heard the Dothraki coming, more so when they saw Drogon.  Sort of a "ah crap" moment.  That battle is up there with Battle of the Bastards in sheer brutality.  Once Drogon arrived, was it worth raising wooden shields against a fire breathing dragon?.  Arya against Brienne was a good moment, Brienne was more shocked that Arya had the skills to combat her.

Spoiler

My favourite battle is still Hardhome. That and The Battle of the Bastards. For different reasons. BotB was very claustrophobic at times and I was exhausted just watching it. But, Hardhome just had that extra piece of awesomeness because the foe was much greater. 

We've had so many epic battles over the years. Blackwater was great, too. It was very hard not to say "fuuuuck yeaaah" when the dragons started burning things (and people...shudder) to shit. Great episode.

Spoiler

Slow episode (i.e. almost no fighting) but it sets the scene for an incredible finale that I'm sure will span over the remaining two episodes...holy shit...in two weeks the season is already over. :(

Anyway, Gilly with a MASSIVE bombshell of information. I mean, Jesus, could you get more casual with that? Jon is NOT a bastard...he's a true Targaryen. 

Cersei has a plan and it frightens me. But I can't wait to see how it will unfold. Also: I think she lied to Jamie about being pregnant. She figured she lost more and more control of him and had to gain it back.

Shit will go down north of The Wall. What a group this is: Jon, Clegane, Gendry, Jorah (I swear to God, if he dies...), Tormund and The Brotherhood.

And Littlefinger...still one of my absolute favourite characters. He's manipulating Arya. She will distrust Sansa even more after reading that letter. Petyr is fucking smart.

1 hour ago, drahkon said:
  S7 Ep 5 (Hide contents)

Slow episode (i.e. almost no fighting) but it sets the scene for an incredible finale that I'm sure will span over the remaining two episodes...holy shit...in two weeks the season is already over. :(

Anyway, Gilly with a MASSIVE bombshell of information. I mean, Jesus, could you get more casual with that? Jon is NOT a bastard...he's a true Targaryen. 

Cersei has a plan and it frightens me. But I can't wait to see how it will unfold. Also: I think she lied to Jamie about being pregnant. She figured she lost more and more control of him and had to gain it back.

Shit will go down north of The Wall. What a group this is: Jon, Clegane, Gendry, Jorah (I swear to God, if he dies...), Tormund and The Brotherhood.

And Littlefinger...still one of my absolute favourite characters. He's manipulating Arya. She will distrust Sansa even more after reading that letter. Petyr is fucking smart.

Well, f*ck me sideways, I thought we had 8 episodes this season and 7 next! Damnation! :(

Otherwise, completely agree with your observations.

Spoiler

I think the whole world was screaming at Sam when Gilly was reading from that book. :D

Little Finger continues to be the sneaky, stealthy bastard that we all expect him to be. Trying to manipulate Sansa to turn on Arya, I imagine. Although, she's doing a good job of that herself.

Great episode again. We're approaching the end of the season already which fucking sucks. So much left to resolve...

New episode has already leaked and I'm dreading using Facebook or browsing the web and coming across a spoiler or some sort of hint as to what happens in the episode.

5 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

New episode has already leaked and I'm dreading using Facebook or browsing the web and coming across a spoiler or some sort of hint as to what happens in the episode.

That's why I watched it last night. Not going to talk about it until it officially airs, though.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

That's why I watched it last night. Not going to talk about it until it officially airs, though.

I want to watch the episode, but we have a sort of "ritual" where Monday is pizza + Game of Thrones night. I like that, as it's a nice start to the week.

Plus, I feel bad pirating it. We pay for NowTV and a big reason for that is for Game of Thrones. 

Just hope that we make it to Monday without spoilers. Wish Facebook just implemented spoiler tags already.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I want to watch the episode, but we have a sort of "ritual" where Monday is pizza + Game of Thrones night. I like that, as it's a nice start to the week.

Plus, I feel bad pirating it. We pay for NowTV and a big reason for that is for Game of Thrones.

One of my best mates and I always watch the new episode on Monday nights, too.

He's on holiday now so he has media blackout anyway, but I decided to just watch it. There's no way I'd be able to avoid spoilers...

My mate and I paid for access to the episodes on Mondays so I don't feel too bad having watched it already (is that grammatically correct? "having watched it" sounds weird to me :laughing:)

Edited by drahkon

Where do you guys go since you are afraid of spoilers? In every forum I attend, there is a sort of code and spoiling GoT would violate everything. It's just bad and nobody wins doing it.

Edited by MindFreak

13 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Where do you guys go since you are afraid of spoilers? In every forum I attend, there is a sort of code and spoiling GoT would violate everything. It's just bad and nobody wins doing it.

Just browsing through Facebook, there are usually posts from all sorts of people, or recommended articles and so on. Right now, I'm reading an article from The Independent and there's already a link on the right hand side leading to photos from the latest episode. Forums are actually very good with spoiler tags and stuff because everything is generally self contained within posts. Going onto an entertainment website, such as IGN, not so much. You have recommended articles everywhere. 

Spoiler

Damnit, now the army of the dead is even stronger! I did think this was going to happen but didn't hope for it. But love the Yugioh-reference. Blue eyes white dragon.

Sanaa Vs Arya is a bit weird, I don't think this really fits. 

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

Spoiler

What a great Episode.

I was on the edge of my seat during the fights...I didn't want anyone to die.

The finale should be incredibly tense if they are going to meet Cersei.

Spoiler

I would have really enjoyed that episode had @Mokong not spoiled it for me on Facebook already. 

Good episode, tense at times and a good piece-mover in terms of getting Daenerys to see the white walker threat and for the Night King to acquire a dragon. The premise of them going beyond the wall is a bit silly, but I can let it go. I really enjoy having the Hound and Jorah back and interacting with other major characters. 

I find the Arya/Sansa storyline intriguing. Arya has gone to great lengths to avenge her family and it must have felt like a terrible betrayal of trust to know that Sansa played some part in her father's death, even if Sansa herself had little choice or very few options. Littlefinger's manipulation of Sansa is also adding to that. Plus, you throw in some childhood sibling rivalry into it and it's going to cause friction. I'm enjoying it. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Calling it now: Arya is playing Littlefinger. I think it's quite obvious. Can't wait for the finale!

Just now, drahkon said:
  S7 Ep 6 (Hide contents)

Calling it now: Arya is playing Littlefinger. I think it's quite obvious. Can't wait for the finale!

Spoiler

Playing as in "impersonating" or playing as in "she's playing games with him"? 

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:
  Spoiler (Hide contents)

Playing as in "impersonating" or playing as in "she's playing games with him"? 

Spoiler

Playing games with him. Funny how "Arya is playing Littlefinger" can have two meanings :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drahkon said:
  S7 EP6 (Reveal hidden contents)

Playing games with him. Funny how "Arya is playing Littlefinger" can have two meanings :D

Spoiler

Heh, yeah, it can be quite confusing!

I'd like to think that Sansa and Arya will team up to defeat Littlefinger, but I don't know. He's the master at manipulating people. Sansa "owes" him a lot thanks to his intervention at the Battle of the Bastards. So, I dunno if she'll be quick to turn on him. There are quite a few possible ways this could end. In some way, I think Arya will come out the victor. 

I very nearly watched Episode 6 last week, but chose not to.  Somehow managed to avoid spoilers to the best part (bar 1 small gif)

Spoiler

The gif showed the now under the White Walker control Viscerion.  Didn't know it was him, thought it was Drogon.  Overall a very good episode, was talking to a friend last week who said one dragon is bound to be killed.  He thought it would be Cersai and the Lannisters taking one out, but that might happen still.  Which would make my theory work in a possible final battle between the White Walkers and everyone else.  Drogon (w/t Dany) vs Viscerion (w/t Night King) in the air, whilst everyone else is fighting below.

He also said there could be an upcoming battle between the Hound and the undead Mountain in Kings Landing, sort of Cersai taking out someone who just abandoned the late King Joffery in the battle for Kings Landing (think it was season 3 it happened, the one that Tyrion got his scar).

Arya is certainly playing Littlefinger, of which he thinks he's playing her. 

Going to be an interesting final episode next week.

Sign in to follow this