NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

The Star Wars Thread

Statement of intent from Lucasfilm Games, wanting to live up to their predecessors (and unsurprisingly more EA games inbound). Plenty more announcements on the way, too. 

Big shoes to fill, that's for sure. 

And a tweet from EA:

Edited by Julius

The world doesn't need another fan-made timeline... 

...but I made one anyway.

twitter1.jpg

(Too much time on my hands in lockdown)

• Like 1

Just now, bob said:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/10/22277540/star-wars-severs-ties-the-mandalorian-gina-carano-cara-dune

Looks like Cara Dune won't be returning in Season 3 of the Mandalorian.

A bit of a shame in the context of the show more than anything. Sure, there's freedom of speech, but at the same time, maybe don't say anything stupid when working for The Mouse? Don't quite understand how so many take freedom of speech to mean "I can say anything without consequence". 

People comparing this to the James Gunn situation and him returning, but that seems different to me. Someone cherry picked his posts from many years ago, and Disney had the experience of working with him, so they would have been in a good place to know that he's a different person now, whereas Gina is pretty actively saying some stupid stuff. I haven't even looked up much of what she said this time around, I'm just thinking back to the nonsense about wearing masks. 

Oh well, I don't get it, but I guess this was important to her. Not sure what other outcome she was expecting, though. 

It's political correctness gone mad!

You can't even compare the treatment of Republicans to the persecution of the Jews in Nazi Germany anymore!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I figured this would be coming, she's been getting worse and worse on social media the past few months. No complaints here.

I do quite like the idea floating around that Lucy Lawless should take over the role.

Right decision. A shame for her, you can tell she was having the time of her life.

Much as I wanted to like her character though, her terrible acting made it tough to do so.

Edited by Ronnie

Can’t say I’ll miss her all that much, for me she was one of the less interesting characters in the show.

I was already surprised when she was in season 2. Controversial actress combined with a very dull character who wasn't closely associated with the main character anyway seemed easy to just leave alone.  I'm fine with Mando not needing to return to the original planet, with the other boring dude. Blue Neelix was the only interesting person there.

• Haha 1

Blue Neelix actually had a personality, which helps. Same with Mayfeld.

I still find it strange that they hire so many comedians or wrestlers/MMA fighters to play characters on the show. Really weird. 

Edited by Ronnie

Can someone help me cleanse my mind of this image? :laughing:

(although, a Muppets take on Star Wars would be awesome)

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

70 days to watch Clone Wars I guess :indeed::D

giphy.gif

Have you decided on a watch order yet?

I would say chronological order is the way to go (certainly helps with experiencing the earlier parts of the show I feel, when things hadn't quite just clicked into place, and also the presence of a certain Rodian senator), but saying that, I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity that Disney+ doesn't have the option to sort the show by order of events vs order of release (I also feel like they could do something similar with their MCU content, but maybe it's just me). 

• Haha 1

I'm happy to go with whatever you think is best! Thanks for the link, so start with episode 16 of season 2, got it!

I really can't promise I'll stick with it, but will give it a try and see...

...At some point in the next 70 days :D

• Like 1

Chronological order is best.

Some three episode arcs are strange. There are a few where the middle episode is in an early season...and the episodes immediately before and after are a few seasons later.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cube said:

Chronological order is best.

Some three episode arcs are strange. There are a few where the middle episode is in an early season...and the episodes immediately before and after are a few seasons later.

Yeah, can definitely be odd seeing the graphical style be somewhat refined going from one episode to another, before downgrading somewhat going into the next! :laughing:

Please tell me there are no comedians, wrestlers or MMA fighters in that line up :D

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

On 29/03/2021 at 3:07 PM, Ronnie said:

Please tell me there are no comedians, wrestlers or MMA fighters in that line up :D

Idrina Varma would make a fantastic live action Night sister, say Ventress

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this