NEurope
Julius

The Disney Thread

Not gonna lie, I had a huge grin on my face and tears in my eyes when the music hit. Cyclops' closing line was perfect.

Looks like Morph is sporting his AoA look.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not gonna lie, I had a huge grin on my face and tears in my eyes when the music hit. Cyclops' closing line was perfect.

Looks like Morph is sporting his AoA look.

Oh the nostalgia is definitely there. I just wish it didn't look like it had been animated in Flash.

• Like 1

Yeah, the nostalgia got me but the animation looks rough. I still will watch it though, i was watching through the original cartoon and Spider-man (as the two shows cross over with each other a few times) around a year ago on Disney+ and never finished it all, I'll probably resub and watch the rest of it before this new series drops next month.

Edited by Helmsly

15 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

Yeah, the nostalgia got me but the animation looks rough. I still will watch it though, i was watching through the original cartoon and Spider-man (as the two shows cross over with each other a few times) around a year ago on Disney+ and never finished it all, I'll probably resub and watch the rest of it before this new series drops next month.

I'd love to see them continue 90s Spider-Man next. I loved that more than X-Men. Great show.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I'd love to see them continue 90s Spider-Man next. I loved that more than X-Men. Great show.

That would be great. I hope at the very least, that that version of Spider-man makes an appearance in this new series at some point.

Edited by Helmsly

22 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Yup. I loved that it was eventually one massive story that continued on, rather than single episodes. The whole Neogenic Nightmare saga was fantastic.

X-Men also followed this format near the eend of its run and Gargoyles was also famous for it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just watched the first two episodes of X-Men 97. Awesome stuff. Feels just like the original cartoon series. 

You watched them yet, @Happenstanceand @Helmsly?

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

Not yet. I'm in London for the next few days so I'll watch them this weekend.

21 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just watched the first two episodes of X-Men 97. Awesome stuff. Feels just like the original cartoon series. 

You watched them yet, @Happenstanceand @Helmsly?

I'll try and watch it over the weekend, I'm seeing Ghostbusters Frozen Empire tomorrow

Started watching Death and Other Details, halfway through at the moment. It's a bit like Only Murders in The Building, this time on a boat. With the link between the 2 main characters it'll be interesting to see if they could carry this onto later seasons.

But you're guaranteed to see some tits at least once an episode, which is always a plus.

• Like 1

I watched X-Men. Bit disappointed that there's only 2 episodes, for some reason I thought they'd released a whole season at once.

It's ok, but since I never really watched the original and so don't have the nostalgia for it, it didn't seem amazing. Hopefully once it gets going it'll improve.

Another cracking episode of X-Men 97.

Spoiler

I was always a fan of Maddie and so it was great to see her in this. I'm very impressed they managed to condense the Inferno storyline into a single episode.

Gotta imagine Cable is going to come into this before it's over. I do wonder if there will be an episode that shows him growing up and dealing with the virus.

Shame that my D+ runs out on Sunday. This will be the last episode I get to watch until I decide to resubscribe, which will probably be when there are a lot of new shows/movies built up for me to watch.

On 24/03/2024 at 6:35 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Started watching Death and Other Details, halfway through at the moment. It's a bit like Only Murders in The Building, this time on a boat. With the link between the 2 main characters it'll be interesting to see if they could carry this onto later seasons.

But you're guaranteed to see some tits at least once an episode, which is always a plus.

Watched the final last night. The latter half of the season does ramp up the mystery at the detriment to the nipple count, but on the whole a recommended watch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

X-Men 97 episode 5 has absolutley no right being as good as it is. Best episode of anything I've seen in god knows how long.

Been catching up with X-Men 97 and I'm mostly enjoying it. The animation and voice acting are still a bit iffy to me but the stories have been top notch. Only issue there I really have is due to how closely they are adapting the comics I already know all of the twists 😆

I've seen up to Episode 5, and i'm still finding it a bit meh. I can't work out if you need to have seen the 90s originals or not. A lot of the time they reference something that happened, and I can't work out if it's just a very heavy-handed nod to the original, or if i'm supposed to have seen it and have missed a lot of back story.

I agree the animation is a bit...static, but i'm assuming that is a choice as a homage to the original maybe?

The quality of the show is even more stark given that i watched Season 2 of Invincible at the same time, and that is orders of magnitudes better in every way. Better animation, better fight scenes, better villains, better dialogue, better plot; just a far better show.

I gave up on Invincible after the start of season 2. I can't stand the voice acting and it was ruining the show for me so I just dropped it.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I gave up on Invincible after the start of season 2. I can't stand the voice acting and it was ruining the show for me so I just dropped it.

Who in particular did it for you? Was it Rex Splode? It was Rex Splode, wasn't it?

31 minutes ago, bob said:

Who in particular did it for you? Was it Rex Splode? It was Rex Splode, wasn't it?

There's 2 main ones. I don't think Cecil's voice matches the character at all and then Steven Yeun as Invincible sounds emotionless and bored for the majority of his lines until he has to yell something.