NEurope
Julius

The Disney Thread

It truly looks awful. Jafar is miscast by far, not menacing at all, and the acting seems off. The CGI is good, though, and I enjoyed the "Make me a prince" humour. 

2 minutes ago, bob said:

I think it looks good (minus Jafar).

Weirdo. Don't come here and go against the stream of hatred.

:p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's not to like?

Aladdin songs? Goooood!
Naomi Scott? Goooood!
Creepy Will Smith genie? Goooooood!

Wow! That was unimpressive. Doesn't really seem to bring anything new to the table, and there wasn't really anything funny in the trailer.

Wow! That was unimpressive. Doesn't really seem to bring anything new to the table, and there wasn't really anything funny in the trailer.
Doesn't surprise me, Pixar films have been fucking miserable for a while now.

New trailer for The Lion King

It looks really good but to me, it's lost a lot of its original charm. 

• Like 1

Scar isn't sinister at all. They've sacrificed obvious villianhood for realism, but they haven't compensated for that. Scar just looks like another lion with a less imposing voice than James Earl Jones, a hard feat yes, but Jeremy Irons had that gravitas, Chiwetel Ejiofor does not.

• Like 2

Funny how the most dynamic and over the top scene in the film can seem so lifeless here

• Haha 2

This is just depressing to watch.  Truly tragic.

At least we'll always have the originals.

Oh dear. What have they done. I wanted to give Will Smith a chance but that didn’t have the charm at all of the original. Where’s all the fun little genie moments from the original?

let’s just watch this for the greatness that was Robin Williams 

• Like 1

Not really sold on this. But it still looks better than Toy Story 4. 

I think it looks alright. Nothing special, but it's a fun idea. Not worth going to the cinema for, though. 

On 14/05/2019 at 11:30 AM, Ronnie said:

Funny how the most dynamic and over the top scene in the film can seem so lifeless here

It's like they've forgotten half the instruments or something, the melody is there but there's some oomph lacking.

Saw Aladdin last night. I thought it was fantastic, really enjoyed it.

Glad they made a few changes here and there to mix it up a bit, as the doesn't seem much point in copying the old film entirely. Most of the changes were positive, with a few odd choices. Will Smith was great, as were the rest of the cast, although I still think Jafar was miscast. Not that the actor couldn't act, but he really needed to be older. At one point, Jafar mentions that he spent 5 years of his life in jail, and you're looking at him like "Really? What is that, like a quarter of your life?"

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 7:54 AM, bob said:

Saw Aladdin last night. I thought it was fantastic, really enjoyed it.

Glad they made a few changes here and there to mix it up a bit, as the doesn't seem much point in copying the old film entirely. Most of the changes were positive, with a few odd choices. Will Smith was great, as were the rest of the cast, although I still think Jafar was miscast. Not that the actor couldn't act, but he really needed to be older. At one point, Jafar mentions that he spent 5 years of his life in jail, and you're looking at him like "Really? What is that, like a quarter of your life?"

YES! Thank you! It's the best live-action movie Disney have done. I absolutely loved it and I'll happily take back everything bad I said. I thought it was going to be a bit crap or average at best but the trailer didn't do the film justice. Naomi Scott was fantastic as Jasmine and Aladdin and Genie worked perfectly too. Will Smith was brilliant as the Genie and you could tell he really tried (and succeeded) to bring his own version rather than rip off Robin Williams. He never tried to do any pop culture or celebrity references but he managed to make his character his own portrayal and I really appreciated that.

I also loved Iago too. He was strangely more mischevious even though he didn't exactly act human. Jafar was a bit of a miscast however I didn't mind him too much. The animated Jafar was slightly more pervy whereas this one was extremely hungry for power and strength over everyone. One of the better parts of the film was Dahlia as well. Loved her.

Seriously, the film is great and I can't wait to buy it on blu-ray!

The Lion King looks amazing. I'm kind of waiting for Toy Story to end now. Don't get me wrong, I love Toy Story but 3 ended it perfectly. I get the need to show where Bo Peep was because it was something I was wondering throughout the third film but 4 needs to be the last one now otherwise they're going to completely ruin what is a flawless movie series.

Toy Story 4 was enjoyable. Still thought it was a bit of an unnecessary sequel as Toy Story 3 ended perfectly, but happy to say that my initial reservations were way off the mark and it gets a glowing recommendation. Both me and my 4 year old were in hysterics at some of the jokes. 

I also read something on Twitter that said the doll, Gabby Gabby had more character development in two hours than the entire cast did in s8 of Game of Thrones :laughing:

16 hours ago, Dog-amoto said:

I also read something on Twitter that said the doll, Gabby Gabby had more character development in two hours than the entire cast did in s8 of Game of Thrones :laughing:

A lot of then had 7 seasons worth of development beforehand. Not sure what some of these Throne fisters were expecting when there were at least 2 wars to fight and it being the last season.

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

To be fair, this looks pretty damn good!

• Thanks 1

People are complainging about the lack of Mushu in the trailer. It's odd to leave him out of it, I agree, but I expect the next trailer to include him.

But yeah, it does actually look a like a good movie.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

People are complainging about the lack of Mushu in the trailer. It's odd to leave him out of it, I agree, but I expect the next trailer to include him.

But yeah, it does actually look a like a good movie.

I don’t know if they are including him, but just from the look of this trailer they seem to be going for a more mature feel. I love the feel of the trailer and would have no worries if they left him out. I haven’t seen the film for a while so can’t remember how it might work without Mushu.