NEurope
Julius

The Disney Thread

First trailer for Turning Red:

The film is set in 2002/2003, for anyone wondering about the choice of music :p

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

So... Kid Hulk?

Seems more inspired by the hit game Super Princess Peach on the DS.

40 minutes ago, Mr_Odwin said:

Teenwolf vibe to me!

Well yes that's because you're old. 

Finally watched Luca over the weekend and as expected it just made my want to be in Italy. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Well yes that's because you're old. 

Finally watched Luca over the weekend and as expected it just made my want to be in Italy. 

As we get older, the proportional difference between our ages tends to 0. :-D 

I watched Encanto last night, really enjoyed it even if it was terribly predictable (but then most films are)

A fun film though, with some catchy tunes that at first didn't seem like they should fit but actually do. I guess thats the music of that genre though. 

I still have yet to watch Luca, so that's next on my list.

It did deviate from the norm a little bit though

Spoiler

In that there's no villain and it swerved (but got close to) the usual "someone close to the hero turns out to be evil".

Had Surface Pressure and We Don't Talk About Bruno in my head for days though.

That's true @Ashley. There's been a few like that where

Spoiler

there is no "villain" as such but I've seen mention that when it's like that the villain come from inner struggles or emotional conflicts so that there is still come kind of turmoil or friction. I put Frozen 2 in to that category. Whilst there is no actual villain character, there's a bit of what I mention to move the story along.

The songs where catchy though.

The actual second trailer for Lightyear (first was a teaser trailer I guess):

Disney continues its live-action adaptions and have just released the first trailer for The Little Mermaid, coming in May:

Yeah, something's just off for me.

Maybe Sebastian's too real looking? Ursula is very true to the cartoon version, though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, something's just off for me.

Maybe Sebastian's too real looking? Ursula is very true to the cartoon version, though.

The Little Mermaid is my absolute favourite Disney film ever so I am really looking forward to this and hope it turns out well (just don't butcher Part of Your World). 

Yeah I think Sebastian needs to be more like his animated counterpart, just seems off looking so real. 

After a run of average live-action movies, this one looks absolutely awesome! I was bitter about the fact Ursula is being played by Melissa McCarthy because Queen Latifah would've literally been such an awesome choice! However after seeing the trailer, I take it back. From what I've seen, she looks and sounds pretty awesome.

I think the only thing killing this is Sebastian. I understand they want it to look real but I'm not sure about this...

13 hours ago, Beast said:

Queen Latifah would've literally been such an awesome choice!

Was she any good on that stage version they has on Disney+?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Yes she was. And I think that is why I've seen people say they wish she was in this. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I have always said that she should be Ursula should they do a live-action version since they started to do them. When I saw she was doing the stage show, I was so excited to see it and she really brought it to the table. She wasn't just playing Ursula, she WAS Ursula. She would've been an amazing choice!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Yes she was. And I think that is why I've seen people say they wish she was in this. 

Me included. Don't get me wrong, Melissa McCarthy has now got me a bit excited but Queen Latifah would've absolutely been amazing.

A first look at Moana 2:

Walt Disney Animation Studios' epic animated musical "Moana 2" takes audiences on an expansive new voyage with Moana, Maui and a brand-new crew of unlikely seafarers. After receiving an unexpected call from her wayfinding ancestors, Moana must journey to the far seas of Oceania and into dangerous, long-lost waters for an adventure unlike anything she's ever faced. Directed by Dave Derrick Jr. with music by Grammy® winners Abigail Barlow and Emily Bear, Grammy nominee Opetaia Foa'i, and three-time Grammy winner Mark Mancina, "Moana 2" opens in theaters on Nov. 27, 2024.

• Like 1

Moana is one of my favourites from recent times, this looks stunning visually I hope it can live up to the first one. 

• Like 3

I can't wait for the moment where she sings "I am.....Moana 2!"

Going to be so good.

• Haha 2