NEurope
Julius

The Disney Thread

Oh...my...GOD! This is everything! I'm actually done! I'm in love! I'm actually in love! I'm wanting to book VIP seats for this shit! 3D, IMAX, 2D, sing-a-long, 4D...I want it all! I'm actually so excited!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Animal said:

Oh...my...GOD! This is everything! I'm actually done! I'm in love! I'm actually in love! I'm wanting to book VIP seats for this shit! 3D, IMAX, 2D, sing-a-long, 4D...I want it all! I'm actually so excited!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It does look amazing. I had I have no problems at all if this was a word for word remake as the original was perfect. 

Some of those shots look identical, but it'll be interesting to see if the whole film is shot-for-shot. For instance the bit in JCWTBK when you've got giraffes standing in hippo's shoulders....

They had better recreate this scene perfectly otherwise I'll be fuming.

Its my favourite scene out of any Disney film. The shots and music used are perfect and it never fails to give me goosebumps. 

• Like 3

There's no justice in the world if this turns into a successful movie franchise. I'm pretty sure Eoin Colfer couldn't write his way out of a wet paper bag.

Perhaps they would fit a movie better than a book then? Not that I think this trailer made the movie look particularly good, though. Something off about it. And didn't really like the way Artemis walked towards the screen in the end, looks weird. 

I enjoyed the first couple of books when I was a young one. Especially translating the glyphs in the bottom of the pages was great fun the first time. 

• Like 1

So...Bo Peep is Rey now ::shrug:

DyA9cYFWkAIu7o2?format=jpg&name=medium

Also, recording has wrapped. 

And finally, we’ll get our next look at the film after this weekend’s Super Bowl:

• Like 1

Agreed. It doesn't really look any good. Jafar's voice is lacking in menace, Genie is... well... yeah. No. 

28 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I know it's only a teaser trailer but this looks absolutely awful. 

I've got to agree. Some of those shots have CG backgrounds that look like they were produced a decade ago, considering just how poorly the backgrounds blend with the actors/props. And if I can see that on my phone...I don't want to imagine what it'll look like on the big screen ::shrug: oh, and Genie looks awful too. Why did they decide to not go with CG there? 

The only good thing from that trailer for me was the music, but trailer music is rarely ever utilised in the film, so... :confused:

The annoying part is that this film will do great at the box office, and, inevitably, even more undesired live-action remakes will be given the green light as a result. 

The part with Jafar looked (and was acted like) a fan film.

Genie definitely should have been CG. And not voiced by Will Smith.

25 minutes ago, Julius said:

The annoying part is that this film will do great at the box office, and, inevitably, even more undesired live-action remakes will be given the green light as a result. 

Yup. I thought the Beauty & the Beast live action film was absolute garbage in comparison to the animated version but the thing still done insanely well. I image the success of that has had a hand in why we are seeing so many of these live action remakes being given the go ahead.

I don't think Will Smith looks that bad as the Genie. I'm not sure that's his actual body though. The guy can put on muscle but his frame is more athletic. 

That Jafar I agree was terrible though, they should've gotten Oded Fehr who did an awesome job in Once Upon A Time

latest?cb=20170409055950

A nice way to show a lot and yet nothing at the same time... bloody "teasers"
If only the name reflected the nature of the media format!
  • Weird 1

19 hours ago, bob said:
19 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:
A nice way to show a lot and yet nothing at the same time... bloody "teasers"

If only the name reflected the nature of the media format!

If only it actually did any teasing. This makes me less interested if anything. Lots of running and lots of standing at vistas. Best book two viewings in case I miss it all the first time.

With Frozen 2 coming this year, on paper with the sequels/live action remakes this is an amazing year for Disney films. So much hype, I really hope it lives up to it!