NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

SNES Classic Mini

Why does this selling well mean we won't see VC on switch? Don't understand the connection. I still think. Netflix style service is the best way of going about it. £5.99 a month 

I'm seeing that people are still forgetting that we're getting NES and SNES games when the online service launches from January.

Silly people! If anything, this shows that people still want to play retro games.

23 hours ago, dazzybee said:

I still think. Netflix style service is the best way of going about it. £5.99 a month 

This would make me not buy any though. Oh? Don't have a reliable internet connection? Screw you!

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm seeing that people are still forgetting that we're getting NES and SNES games when the online service launches from January.

Silly people! If anything, this shows that people still want to play retro games.

This would make me not buy any though. Oh? Don't have a reliable internet connection? Screw you!

I didn’t mean stream them, you should be able to download them to your device, only needs to connect to prove it’s you once a week/month or something.

4th SNES Mini game done now. Final Fantasy Not 3.

Spoiler

W6gSNZ3.jpg

Not a bad time, considering I did all the side quests. That Final Battle sequence is still the best I've seen in a Final Fantasy game. Thoroughly spectacular.

I found myself using the Suspend saves and Rewind feature to save videos of my favourite scenes. 4 minutes is just enough time to go through the whole opera scene and just enough time to get the whole final Kefka fight. That said, I was hilariously OP. But I'll wait until the Gaming Diary write-up to go into detail.

It seems that Donkey Kong Country will be next up for me. I've already played through most of it. With @Dcubed laughing at me a bit in the snowy world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey, one of the mods changed the title. Now how will I know that the SNES Mini is actually real?

Anyway, as predicted, Donkey Kong Country is my 5th possibly imaginary SNES Mini game done.

2HJ4q1K.jpg

Uhhhh. Yeah, didn't really think of putting the finishing suspend point on an actual image. Trust me, it's DKC.

I don't particularly enjoy this game that much. Too many unfun levels counteract the good ones. And getting 100% is something I can't be bothered doing. Given the choice, I'd still replace this with DKC 2 on the SNES Mini line-up. I like DKC 3 best, but DKC 2 is an easier time. Awesome soundtrack though. The factory music is too good!

Edited by Glen-i

And that's game number 6. More than 25% of the SNES Mini collection done now. (Ghouls n' Ghosts means I'm never ever doing all of them)

t2S4KYx.jpg

BOOYAH! Yoshi's Island in less than 3 hours! The website Speedrun reliably informs me that would have been the 141st fastest run in the world. You know, had I recorded it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2017 at 9:11 AM, Glen-i said:

I don't particularly enjoy this game that much. Too many unfun levels counteract the good ones. And getting 100% is something I can't be bothered doing. Given the choice, I'd still replace this with DKC 2 on the SNES Mini line-up. I like DKC 3 best, but DKC 2 is an easier time. Awesome soundtrack though. The factory music is too good!

jb268vM.gif

• Haha 2

Hey all, iv got a spare mini SNES if anyone still needs, cost £69.99. Got it for the kids, but iv modded mine and thats all they play so this one is completley spare ^^ Let me know if anyone needs it!

• Like 1

Looking to get my son one of these for Xmas. Any idea where the best source will be? Im pulling my hair out trying to find one thats not twice the rrp.

On 12/11/2017 at 5:07 PM, Esequiel said:

Hey all, iv got a spare mini SNES if anyone still needs, cost £69.99. Got it for the kids, but iv modded mine and thats all they play so this one is completley spare ^^ Let me know if anyone needs it!

You still have this?

I was just about to say... SNES Classic Mini back in st...

...and it's gone. (again)

This happened in the space of e-mail 16.22 saying Back in stock.

I was just checking my e-mail at 16.23 and they had already gone.

So Nintendo did restock the SNES classic mini, albeit very briefly indeed. ::shrug:

I got the em

7 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I was just about to say... SNES Classic Mini back in st...

...and it's gone. (again)

This happened in the space of e-mail 16.22 saying Back in stock.

I was just checking my e-mail at 16.23 and they had already gone.

So Nintendo did restock the SNES classic mini, albeit very briefly indeed. ::shrug:

I got the email at 3pm on the dot

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I got the em

I got the email at 3pm on the dot

3PM? A whole hour and twenty-two minutes before I got the e-mail?

If that's true then clearly Nintendo's e-mail notifications are beyond useless if they don't all get sent at the same time. :blank:

Just now, S.C.G said:

3PM? A whole hour and twenty-two minutes before I got the e-mail?

If that's true then clearly Nintendo's e-mail notifications are beyond useless if they don't all get sent at the same time. :blank:

With it being Nintendo, I'd say it's not far fetched to assume it would be one guy sat in a room sending the emails out one by one. Using Windows 95. And a 56k modem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

580xX_Email_Super-Nintendo-Mini_Back-in-stock-024533-024608.jpg

Erm... back in stock since yesterday afternoon apparently.

And it's still in stock...

...go, go... go? I guess. :p

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this