NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

SNES Classic Mini

Easy Allies are about to start an 8 hour live stream of playing on the SNES Mini. Could be a late night for me...

19 hours ago, khilafah said:

Man this is some BS. Game cancelled my order on Wednesday. No explanation just an email saying order cancelled.

So annoyed as I won't ever get one now.

I have an extra unit if you're interested...

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

I have an extra unit if you're interested...

Charge him 150 quid! Do it!

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Charge him 150 quid! Do it!

£150 and I replace all the ROMs with Dragon Quest games.

• Haha 2

Woo! First guy to clock a game on the SNES Mini. I'm so not childish! Crappy quality mobile picture go!

19274791_1426956657422774_17903039991425

For the first time ever, I managed to finish in under 3 hours. 2:49. I've always struggled to do this game fast, so I'm well chuffed!

I think Final Fantasy 6 will be next on my list. Except I can't find it, so I suppose I'll just have to play FF 3.

Edited by Glen-i

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Skyrim, so could someone clarify if that artwork on the above tweet has ever existed before or if it's been made specifically for this SNES boxart mock-up.

Because if it has been made especially for the SNES mini launch, then that's really cool!

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Skyrim, so could someone clarify if that artwork on the above tweet has ever existed before or if it's been made specifically for this SNES boxart mock-up.

Because if it has been made especially for the SNES mini launch, then that's really cool!

I can confirm that the artwork on the aforementioned post did not previously exist, therefore it has indeed been made specifically for the SNES boxart mock-up...

...and what a mock-up it is! :D

bethesda-snes-classic-skyrim-retro-box-a

(posting from another source other than Twitter so that it will embed properly and everyone can enjoy it in this thread)

If Skyrim were to actually get a SNES style 16-bit Demake then I'd probably buy it...

...or take an arrow to the knee trying. ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

I can confirm that the artwork on the aforementioned post did not previously exist, therefore it has indeed been made specifically for the SNES boxart mock-up...

...and what a mock-up it is! :D

bethesda-snes-classic-skyrim-retro-box-a

(posting from another source other than Twitter so that it will embed properly and everyone can enjoy it in this thread)

If Skyrim were to actually get a SNES style 16-bit Demake then I'd probably buy it...

...or take an arrow to the knee trying. ;)

Due to the limits of 16 bit, you probably won't be able to target knees.

• Haha 2

Nintendo really should have programmed in some button shortcuts to this thing. Just reset and save state would have been enough!

43 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Nintendo really should have programmed in some button shortcuts to this thing. Just reset and save state would have been enough!

Yeah, the lack of hard reset ( not a quick software reset ) and the faff on with save states kinda kills the product for me. I can't see me using this outside of FFVI, Mana and the Starfox games, as I find the Wii U versions are better due to the off screen play and save states.

I'm not a fan of how they've used the US box art. Sure they used the US games ( personally would have preferred the PAL versions ) but they could have easily used our box arts. Seems really lazy.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, the lack of hard reset ( not a quick software reset ) and the faff on with save states kinda kills the product for me. I can't see me using this outside of FFVI, Mana and the Starfox games, as I find the Wii U versions are better due to the off screen play and save states.

I'm not a fan of how they've used the US box art. Sure they used the US games ( personally would have preferred the PAL versions ) but they could have easily used our box arts. Seems really lazy.

tumblr_o5oubk8yie1rpn9eno1_500.gif

You're gonna have to explain that one...

As for the hard reset, have you tried using a Wii Classic Controller? I've heard you can use the HOME button as a more convenient reset button.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You're gonna have to explain that one...

As for the hard reset, have you tried using a Wii Classic Controller? I've heard you can use the HOME button as a more convenient reset button.

It's what I played as a kid. The whole 50hz thing has never bothered me. I actually prefer some games running at 50hz. 

Yeah, you can use the Classic Controller but it adds another unnecessary element to the whole thing.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

It's what I played as a kid. The whole 50hz thing has never bothered me. I actually prefer some games running at 50hz. 

Yeah, you can use the Classic Controller but it adds another unnecessary element to the whole thing.

You won't believe the flak I get from @Dcubed for saying the same thing. To this day, I barely notice any differences. (Well, except Waverace 64, that game is atrociously slow in 50Hz)

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You won't believe the flak I get from @Dcubed for saying the same thing. To this day, I barely notice any differences. (Well, except Waverace 64, that game is atrociously slow in 50Hz)

It always amuses me how obsessed he gets over it. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It always amuses me how obsessed he gets over it. :D

We all have that one friend.

during the late ninteties my best friend went trough the hassle of importing a NTFS N64. He had to find a third party adapter, could only play imported games, paid massively more for everything and had to wait weeks before he could play the console because of the long shipping times that were common back then. It was in a period that internet was barely a thing. All of that just so he could play in 60Hz.

@Dcubed is absolutely right about 60Hz.  I got my Saturn altered just for the 60Hz switch.  Mind you, I'm a purist who'll play Streets of Rage 2 as Bare Knuckle II just for the cigar!

• Thanks 1

I know I said I'd play through FF 3/6 next, but I got a sudden hankering for Mario World.

22046859_1427696520682121_51703048337220

That was a 100% run, all 96 exits in one sitting. @Dcubed can back me up on that. Which would have made me the 132nd fastest player in the world. Kinda wish I didn't pause so much now...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cross StarFox off of my SNES Mini list. Booted it up to unlock the sequel and ended up playing until the credits. Only barely made it though. I know there's all sorts of other paths, but I can't be bothered. I don't like it very much.

I'm 10 hours into FF6 now, just got the airship. Man, this game is great! Best battle music too.

• Like 1

I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying Star Fox 2 and how different it is to the original. Playing through hard mode now collecting all the coins and trying to unlock expert difficulty.

2 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

SNES mini sold 360,000 odd in four days in Japan...and that's why we may never see VC on the Switch!

I haven't even opened mine yet :red:

I'd be absolutely gutted if Switch was missing the chance to have all of these classic games at home and on the go just because of the sales of the minis!

I still think it will come, though, so that Nintendo can try to sell the games to us again :heh:

Sign in to follow this