NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

SNES Classic Mini

8 minutes ago, killthenet said:

but have never played Earthbound, Final Fantasy 6, Super Mario RPG or Secret Of Mana but will be spreading them out over the course of a few months because they're intensive RPG's.

Start with that one, it's the shortest and easiest of the lot, an incredibly solid game. And make sure you find the secret boss after you see the credits. Definitely one of Mario's weirdest moments.

18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What games are you absolutely sure you're not going to play?

For me it's...

Super Mario Kart (Later Mario Karts have ruined the awkward controls, plus single player is boring and frustrating)

F-Zero (My least favourite F-Zero game, and I don't even like F-Zero that much)

Super Ghouls N' Ghosts, (Yeaaaahhhh, no. Not touching that with a barge pole, I'd like to not spend the rest of my life finishing that game... twice. Would have preferred Demon's Crest, way better.)

Street Fighter II Turbo (Just not huge on Street Fighter, I'd rather play Smash as Ryu)

Super Punch-Out!! (I appreciate the game, but it's not as fun as the original or the amazing Wii version)

Aw man.. I absolutely love Super Mario Kart and I'll certainly be playing it :grin: As for Super Punch-Out!!, it may actually be my favourite in the series (though it's the first one I played thanks to the Wii Virtual Console)

I'm with you on Super Ghouls N' Ghosts, though :blank: I played through it on the 3DS VC last year and spammed the Restore Points something shocking.. and still struggled through it. I'm not sure how it would even have been possible to make it to the end otherwise :eek: I definitely have very little desire to try to make it through that one again!

• Thanks 1

Naturally Starfox 2 is the big kahuna for me, but I'm really looking forward to playing Yoshi's Island and Starfox again.  Haven't played either in over a decade! (Yep, been waiting ever since the Wii VC started for them to get re-released digitally before I play them again! It's not quite the form I wanted, but it's close enough!)

Otherwise, I think I'll take the opportunity as an excuse to power through Super Ghouls N' Ghosts again.  Love that game! Absolute action masterpiece! (It was also the first game that the co-founder of Platinum Games ever worked on BTW.  It shows!)

And I'll be playing Secret of Mana with @Glen-i and @Ugh first aidno doubt; but I need to sort out my US Wii VC stuff ever since my system got damaged (need to transfer it to a US Wii U).  I want to play it in 3 Player, the way it was intended.  2 player only just doesnt cut it! (And nor does the PAL 50hz version, not good enough!).  Let's just hope that the save file doesn't get kersplatted along the way!

I'll also take the opportunity to power through Contra 3 in co-op.  Anything to get Glen-i to play it already!

Otherwise, I do actually already own the rest on the Wii U VC, so I'd rather play them there TBH, but I have a friend who has never properly played ANY of the games on the SNES Mini (outside of Yoshi's Island - GBA version only mind you).  Can't wait to see him play through these games for the first time! :D 

Edited by Dcubed

Genuinely starting to feel like I might hold off and keep my box sealed until Christmas!

I'm not excited for it at all right now but might be ready for it in a few months. Also, I can't think of anything much better than opening it up on Christmas morning to play Donkey Kong Country with my wife :hehe:

23 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Genuinely starting to feel like I might hold off and keep my box sealed until Christmas!

I'm not excited for it at all right now but might be ready for it in a few months. Also, I can't think of anything much better than opening it up on Christmas morning to play Donkey Kong Country with my wife :hehe:

Surely the look of happiness on your wife's face when you give her the present you got for her?  *ahem*

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Surely the look of happiness on your wife's face when you give her the present you got for her?  *ahem*

He'll have gotten her a bowling ball with his name carved into it.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Also, I can't think of anything much better than opening it up on Christmas morning to play Donkey Kong Country with my wife :hehe:

What about Donkey Kong Country 2? Diddy and Dixie seem to fit a married couple better.

43 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What about Donkey Kong Country 2? Diddy and Dixie seem to fit a married couple better.

Na.. We both think the first DKC is the best. Sure that's why I married her :grin:

51 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Na.. We both think the first DKC is the best. Sure that's why I married her :grin:

hTjqmyKYLUZN.gif

Yes, marriages are competitions now.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

THEY ARE CHILDREN!

please-think-of-the-children-uai-516x344

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

THEY ARE CHILDREN!

Don't even pretend for one second that Diddy is that innocent... You played Smash Bros. Brawl.

side.jpg

• Haha 1

He may not be innocent but he can't really do any harm.  

After all...

he is...

Diddy.

380.gif

• Haha 2

Has anyone's ShopTo order been despatched? Mine still says processing. My Grainger Games order has been shipped though so hopefully one of them will arrive on time. Will open whichever arrives first then give my cousin the other one

Mine just arrived from Grainger Games, I'm going out for a couple of hours at 1pm so can't mess around with it just yet but cracked it open and it looks fantastic!

So Yodel has delivered mine, but they've left in an "outbuilding". I don't have an outbuilding?

• Like 1

So Yodal has delivered mine, but they've left in an "outbuilding". I don't have an outbuilding?
Mmmmmm, in outbuilding I have left your parcel...

Just got mine delivered from Argos. Gotta admit, I didn’t think it’d turn up after how the site was behaving when I ordered.

This thing is frickin' diminutive! It's so squee it hurts! :heart:

I actually quite like the CRT filter.  I'm usually not a big fan of them, but this one is really quite subtle and tastefully done.  I could actually see myself using it :) 

• Like 1

BTW, just to reiterate my thoughts from the New 3DS SNES VC... If you choose Pixel Perfect and don't immediately correct yourself out of sheer disgust, you are the literal devil.

• Thanks 1

Man this is some BS. Game cancelled my order on Wednesday. No explanation just an email saying order cancelled.

So annoyed as I won't ever get one now.

46 minutes ago, khilafah said:

Man this is some BS. Game cancelled my order on Wednesday. No explanation just an email saying order cancelled.

So annoyed as I won't ever get one now.

Damn.. I got my second one refunded an hour ago. You could have had it!

Sign in to follow this