NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

SNES Classic Mini

1 minute ago, V. Amoleo said:

I'd be a little surprised to see an N64 next year..

I would too! Just give me EVERYTHING on Switch.. ASAP :bouncy:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shorty said:

Reliable for what? :p you say that as if they're not one of the biggest online games retailer in the UK. They're perfectly reliable, although they might not get you your stuff before streetdate like they used to.

Fulfilling the order I guess? People on here determined to have multiple orders has me concerned. Not bothered if I receive it a few days late.

I just travelled a three years into the future. I picked up the latest Mini console.

mCNhj6F.jpg

• Like 8

I just travelled a three years into the future. I picked up the latest Mini console.

mCNhj6F.jpg

Legit, as the online on this machine has gone backwards again. :heh:
  • Like 1

The Wii Mini is why I didn't realise how small the NES mini was for so long. I assumed it was still relatively big like that big red and black thing so I was very surprised when I finally saw one IRL.

(Also just went giddy at how cute a GameCube Mini would be, imagine the little handle!)

Jesus.... The Norwegian price for the SNES Classic Mini is £140. No pre-order for me, hell no. The retailers have even announced that the high price is because the low amount of consoles they will get. They sold out the NES Classic, so now they charge more for the SNES Classic. Wow, just.. wow.

4 hours ago, Ike said:

These sold out quick on Tesco earlier but they are back in stock now, they must have cancelled the orders which would have been for large quantities or just got more stock.

Either way, go,go,go!

They are still available on Teso Direct half an hour later... perhaps all the allocation has just been put up all at once?

Either way, best to get one now if you can. :)

Direct delivery only, no click & collect so it might be online only at this rate.

Annnd gone... for pre-orders to last over half an hour, that's surely got to be most of the allocation, certainly for online in any case, I reckon some might be sent to stores but I don't know any Tesco store which stocks anything at all or at least anything significant which is Nintendo any more. ::shrug:

Certainly not our store anyway, unless we've still got that one Wii U console out back still but I doubt it as that'd be taking up valuable warehouse space. :blush:

Edited by S.C.G

Back in stock at Tesco Direct...

https://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-classic-mini-super-nintendo-entertainment-system/649-8711.prd?skuId=649-8711&pageLevel=sku

This is because any order over ONE PER ADDRESS (presumably per account as well) will have the excess cancelled, that's what I get for trying to order an extra one for my brother. ::shrug: (I only ordered two)

Anyway, grab one now if you haven't got one or want to secure an extra one for a family member or friend. :)

I don't think limiting the amount is going to deter the hardcore resellers though, don't they just have multiple accounts set up with different addresses all set up to an algorhythm or something? I'm sure that's what happened with the NES Classic Mini.

Oh well, it might stop people buying fifty at a time, you never know.

The more time that passes, the less desire I feel for the SNES Classic Mini :hmm: In fact, I'd almost go as far as to say I don't even want one!

Unfortunately, I feel like I have to buy one (The inclusion of Starfox 2 sees to that :blank: ) but I'm getting to point where it's starting to irritate me having so many consoles and accessories hooked up and trying to justify the space they require, an issue being highlighted as we prepare to move house!

Is said it before but I just want everything on Switch at this point. If I was certain Starfox 2 and the proper SNES version of Yoshi's Island was making it to the Switch VC, I don't think I'd be bothering with this device.

Edited by nekunando

9 minutes ago, nekunando said:

The more time that passes, the less desire I feel for the SNES Classic Mini :hmm: In fact, I'd almost go as far as to say I don't even want one!

Unfortunately, I feel like I have to buy one (The inclusion of Starfox 2 sees to that :heh:) but I'm getting to point where it's starting to irritate me having so many consoles and accessories hooked up and trying to justify the space they require, an issue being highlighted as we prepare to move house!

Is said it before but I just want everything on Switch at this point. If I was certain Starfox 2 and the proper SNES version of Yoshi's Island was making it to the Switch VC, I don't think I'd be bothering with this device.

I couldn't agree more. 

This is an interesting piece of hardware bundled with some objectively - and some subjectively - great software, but having played a number of the titles included in the package already this year, I haven't the most desire I could have to return to those titles so soon.

As for the title I want to play most, Final Fantasy VI, I feel that with it having an extremely long playthrough time the Switch really could take advantage of such a lengthy playing period by allowing us to play the title on the go too; this autumn/winter period is already STACKED with a plethora of great releases, and I'm struggling to justify spending 40-60 hours playing this game on the TV when I could be playing other great titles with relatively shorter playthrough lengths.

But then again, if this is the only chance we get to play Star Fox 2...

:confused:

Edited by Julius Caesar

1 hour ago, Julius Caesar said:

I couldn't agree more. 

This is an interesting piece of hardware bundled with some objectively - and some subjectively - great software, but having played a number of the titles included in the package already this year, I haven't the most desire I could have to return to those titles so soon.

As for the title I want to play most, Final Fantasy VI, I feel that with it having an extremely long playthrough time the Switch really could take advantage of such a lengthy playing period by allowing us to play the title on the go too; this autumn/winter period is already STACKED with a plethora of great releases, and I'm struggling to justify spending 40-60 hours playing this game on the TV when I could be playing other great titles with relatively shorter playthrough lengths.

But then again, if this is the only chance we get to play Star Fox 2...

:confused:

My brother is getting one too so I may even wait until I try his out before I open mine when it arrives!

I already have quite a lot of the featured games on Wii Virtual Console while Kirby's Dream Course and Earthbound remain largely untouched on my Wii U. I recently played through Mega Man X, A Link to the Past and Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts and, to be honest, don't feel any great desire to go back, particularly with the latter which is absolutely brutal!

I definitely want to play Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart again but I'd prefer to play them with my wife on the comfort of our sofa on Switch without the risk of our son or dog catching on wires stretched across the floor :hmm:

The more I break this all down, the less sense it all makes to get one! But.. Starfox 2.... 

It probably won't even be that good anyway :heh:

By coincidence I was thinking about this today and was having similar thoughts to @nekunando. The more I think about it, it was a knee-jerk purchase that I really don't need.

Of the 21 games on this device that i like, I still have them on my SNES or I have them on Wii or Wii U virtual console, so I have access to a lot of these titles already. In most cases I have played them faily recently too. So really this boils down to being able to play Star Fox 2 for £80 lol.

All that said, I think if they had a few more games on it  like Mario All-Stars and Chrono Trigger, i would probably not be having second thoughts.

Edited by Helmsly

I'm similar, but it's more of a novelty collector's item sort of purchase for me. I may not get a ton of use out of it but it's something I want to have.

The Switch virtual console really needs to come and soon though. In fact these days I just want everything on the Switch, AAA Nintendo games, AAA games, indies, virtual console...

Nintendo will ship extra units of the SNES Classic, in the US at least:

A significant amount of additional systems will be shipped to stores for launch day, and throughout the balance of the calendar year.

From Nintendo's Facebook page.

Ha ha! This Capcom mispelling has to be intentional, surely!?

Anyway, interface looks much the same as the NES Mini, as expected, but the new rewind feature looks nice.  I can do without the different borders though, just plain black will do me fine.

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Ha ha! This Capcom mispelling has to be intentional, surely!?

It's great, isn't it? :D

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this